Thread: TivoWeb HDVR2 Remote

Question TivoWeb HDVR2 Remote

Installed TivoWeb on my HDVR2 .. working pretty well, had to make a few minor changes.

Unfortunately, TivoWeb's webremote.itcl can't find an image resource for my remote

It appears to look for either a Sony (SonyDMRemoteImage.2) or Philips (PhilipsDMRemoteImage.13) image in /Resource/Image/.

I browsed around the images and could only find a black silhouette of the remote, not a good image.

Anyone know if there is one hidden? or downloadable from somewhere? Or any other suggestions of how to get a graphical remote?

Cheers,
    -- Mylo

I was wondering myself how to get a graphic remote working on the HDVR2. Out of curiosity, how did you find out what file it was looking for?

Is it possible to just rename a file from another remote to the file that it is looking for? All the tivo remotes pretty much look the same to me.

I don't remember the exact line, but webremote.itcl pulls up the image depending on model (Sony or Philips) out of the MFS Resources/Images. If we had a copy of the image on the filesystem, we could source from there, or even some other webserver.

All that would be needed would be a copy of an image from a Series1 unit and webremote.itcl can be modified to use that instead. Anyone with a working image care to save it and post it for us?

Cheers,
    -- Mylo

That patch works, but only to display a black remote. The image PeanutUnBrandedDMRemoteImage.1 in my MFS is simply just a black sillouhette (sp).. no buttons Looks like the imagemap is good, just a boring image.

-- Mylo

-
    Last edited by embeem; 07-10-2003 at 11:12 PM.

MFS:/Resource/Images only contains 1 thing remotely remote-like which is PeanutUnBrandedDMRemoteImage.1

Unfortunately, it's just a black peanut, no buttons. What I'm asking for is a good image, that I can save locally, and use in place of the blank peanut out of MFS.

-- Mylo

Originally posted by mylo
    MFS:/Resource/Images only contains 1 thing remotely remote-like which is PeanutUnBrandedDMRemoteImage.1

Unfortunately, it's just a black peanut, no buttons. What I'm asking for is a good image, that I can save locally, and use in place of the blank peanut out of MFS.

-- Mylo
    The attached png is the original from my unit (3.1u5 HDVR2) and it comes up correctly for me under Opera and Mozilla.

If you download it and it shows as a black peanut with no buttons in your browser, get a real browser. If it shows up correctly then overwrite the image on your tivo with this one.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Wow, crazy, that looks good.. I wonder why mine is different. I'm running HDVR2 with the .1U5 that came with it out of the box.

I'll drop this in locally so I can actually use the graphical remote. Thanks for uploading it.

-- Mylo

Browser is the key.

I looked at your image from my Linux box (Mozilla), I looked at mine from my windows 2000 box. Windows 2000 cannot display the image correctly. Just comes out black. Stupid IE.

Strange though, since IE can display other PNG's just fine, perhaps I'll try converting/resaving it to see if I can make IE happy.

-- Mylo