Thread: Can't get NoPPV to stop!! AH!

Can't get NoPPV to stop!! AH!

New PPV's came down today, I hit select on a *future* PPV event and it did not ask me to purchase, it just put it in the to do list to record. I deleted noppv.tcl and removed it from my "/tvlib/tcl/tv/TClient-lib.itcl" file. But it seems like something is still going on. Anyway for me to figure tihs out? I tried locate and find on the tivo but they don't work at all (not there). Need some help here.

Did you try doing a find for other copies of noppv that might be getting called from somewhere else? Is cron running?

Once you've activated noppv, every ppv program currently in the guide when it's run gets the ppv flag removed from every showing. If you're running xPlusz then simply turn no ppv off using #23,0 and then reboot. The ppv showings currently in the guide will remain unaffected by the change but any new ppv's that show up in the guide will have the ppv flag intact, requiring that you purchase the showing in the usual manner. The existing showings that have the ppv flags removed will stay that way until they expire from the guide.
    Please don't PM me or any other members looking for personal assistance. You'll do better by posting (after you've exhausted the search feature, of course) and taking advantage of the collective expertise of the membership instead of a single individual that may or may not be able to help you. Thank you and enjoy your stay at DDB!

Not running xPlusz, and I got new PPV's this week, but on the new ones I still have the problem.

Also, the find command isn't available.

I think I remember way back a tclient-lib change that run noppv, so maybe you have that mod and you run noppv once each day?

If NEW PPV's are getting noppv'd, it seems to me that noppv has to be on the machine somewhere, and that going after the source (noppv itself) is the shortest route to resolution.

Find is in /bin under 3.1. Also, do a ps x and see if cron is running. If so, check your crontab file to see if it's calling noppv. If you can't locate find, this stands a chance of finding the culprit...

Good Luck, Onyx00

Hmm, don't remember putting cron on but I will check.

What a pain. Thanks for the help guys, I will investigate further.

I currently have the same problem as well. I ran the noppv like a week or 2 back, but quite a bit of the shows are still doesn't ask me to purchase. Is there a way to force the guide to redownload or make them expired? It's really annoying of unable record some of the PPV show I like.

Originally posted by tivosohn
    Is there a way to force the guide to redownload or make them expired?
    We here at Dealdatabase are happy to see that you have mended your ways and stopped running illegal software on your NDS Access Card. So I am pleased to offer you the following advice:

Clear Program Data and To-Do List

will erase the entire program guide and the freshly downloaded guide data will have the correct PPV flags.

We here at DealDatabase find it odd that someone who has been here less than a month, ostensibly claims to represent the DealDatabase Community as a whole by using phrases such as "We here at DealDatabase....".
    If a goldfish should want a vacation, who would know?

Clear Program Data and To-Do List
    Isn't that will remove all my recording as well? I am trying to preserve some of my recordings.

Originally posted by tivosohn
    Isn't that will remove all my recording as well? I am trying to preserve some of my recordings.
    It will not delete your recordings, however it will wipe out your season passes.

Jot them down before doing it.

Originally posted by SR712
    We here at DealDatabase find it odd that someone who has been here less than a month, ostensibly claims to represent the DealDatabase Community as a whole by using phrases such as "We here at DealDatabase....".
    I think that by "we" he means "Dr. Phil and I."
    Heil TiVo!

Dammit this is my topic; anyways, problem was fixed, just needed to give it time.

Close this thread, it's done.

Originally posted by David Bought
    We here at Dealdatabase are happy to see that you have mended your ways and stopped running illegal software on your NDS Access Card.
    hehe, yeah right.