Thread: Replacement tuner

Hybrid View

Replacement tuner

Has anybody had any luck finding replacement tuners for the dsr6000/sat t60?

I've already tried sony and they said that it has been discontinued and won't be carrying it. They also gave me a list of sony authorized distributors, but no luck.

Thanks

The tuners are made by Alps. There was a thread in this forum a while back where someone posted info on the tuners and was looking into finding a supplier for them but I never saw the outcome. You might want to search around here and see what you can dig up as I'm pretty sure it's been covered.
    Please don't PM me or any other members looking for personal assistance. You'll do better by posting (after you've exhausted the search feature, of course) and taking advantage of the collective expertise of the membership instead of a single individual that may or may not be able to help you. Thank you and enjoy your stay at DDB!

Re: Replacement tuner

Originally posted by lngnkr
    Has anybody had any luck finding replacement tuners for the dsr6000/sat t60?

I've already tried sony and they said that it has been discontinued and won't be carrying it. They also gave me a list of sony authorized distributors, but no luck.

Thanks
    Dont know why they told you that, but i have been able to order tuners as of two months ago. Try ordering online.

I originally did place it on line at the beginning of June. About a week later I got an order confirmation email but it showed the total as $0.00. I waited for over a week for a shipment notice. Then I called them direct to find out the status of my order and they told me that they were in stock up to the prior week and that they were discontinued. Now I'm trying to contact a sales rep for Alps Electric Co. the company who (I think) makes them.

I've also seen a WinTv card by Hauppauge that looks like it uses this same tuner to receive satellite in Europe.

WinTV-Nexus-s

http://www.hauppauge.co.uk/html/digitaltv_prod.htm#dvbs

http://hauppauge.lightpath.net/manua...-nexus-eng.pdf

I don't know if the frequencies are the same for the satellites in Europe compared to here.

good luck with alps dude..they never responded to me....only send me span.

IN all reality all we need is the QSPK chip. All the tuners I have seen go bad, the QSPK is internally shorted ( 3.3V to GND) dead short or around 70omhs.
    If you could find those parts in small quantities, I would promote you to god statuts.

BTW:
    I work for an elec manf company , a very verrry big one, and no place will sell those in less than 1000's

I'll keep my eyes and (search engine) open. If I find anything I'll post it.