Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: tivo

25 tivo

hi friends i did my tivo hardrive with 25xtreme and rec for about 2month but know is not rec said need to make a call it made the call but still nor active please help me

You need to run the fixsub.tcl script to fool the DTivo into thinking it has a lifetime sub. It will also eliminate the need for a phone connection and get rid of the nag messages. Connect to you DTivo via serial port and get a bash prompt. At the prompt, type in:

touch /etc/SubTest

Make sure the letter case is correct. When you force a daily call it should now indicate that it succeeded and your Tivo status on the system information screen should indicate a 5 for lifetime status.
    Please don't PM me or any other members looking for personal assistance. You'll do better by posting (after you've exhausted the search feature, of course) and taking advantage of the collective expertise of the membership instead of a single individual that may or may not be able to help you. Thank you and enjoy your stay at DDB!

how do i do it were to get the sub test how to install it thank ou friends.

It's part of 2.5Xtreme.
    Please don't PM me or any other members looking for personal assistance. You'll do better by posting (after you've exhausted the search feature, of course) and taking advantage of the collective expertise of the membership instead of a single individual that may or may not be able to help you. Thank you and enjoy your stay at DDB!

so i run 25xtreme again or what next i thank you for you help verry much

what is a seria port behind my tivo? please help thank you

please help thank you sir verry much

These are the kinds of things you should have already been aware of before trying to hack a Tivo. I think you need to brush up on your Tivo basics. Look through the How Tos Only sticky and start reading. There are several posts about making a serial cable and lots of links to other Tivo-related sites. Check out the newbies guide to the Tivo. Read through the DTivo Hacking FAQ while you're at it.

Exclamation

mr.captain tankyou a lot but i still not get it, i type on prom touch/etc/SubTest and soid not find i tried to put 25xtreme againg and couldnot open drive. it detected 40gb hardrive but in windows said is a 33gb where is the rest. thankyou sir for all you help.if you have a fix hardrive for sale i will like to know the price.

Add a space between "touch" and "/etc/SubTest".

benny,

I'd advise you post your question in a more understandable mannor. use punctuation atleast, so we know where a sentence ends.

friends, i type at prom touch space /etc/ space SubTest and said touch is a directory. thank you a lot for all you help .

There is no space between "/etc/" and "SubTest"

thank you sir i tried againg with no space on etc/ subTest .

and??????????