Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Music channels support

Audio only extraction ?

Okay, I've got a concert that I recorded and I want to take the individual songs and cut them into mp3s.

So, I extracted the video using tytools. When i try to extract the audio in Premiere it jumps every 5 seconds or so.

Anyone do this and if so how? What tools do I need?

Thanks!

Paully

Simple.

Convert ty stream to elemental streams.

Toss the video stream.

Rename the extension from m2a to mp3.

Open in iTunes, and convert to MP3 (AAC, etc) from the Advanced menu.

Open converted file in Quicktime Player to chop into individual songs.

No iTunes here.

I suppose I should have stipulated that I needed an Windows-based solution.

Also, is there a special way I should be exporting the video using tytools. I don't know what a lot of the settings do. I'm currently using multiplex mode.

Then once I get the output from tytools what (and how) should I then use that file to get the audio stream. Wav file would be the preference.

Thanks!

Paully

Use either tystream or tysplit mode. Tystream extracts the raw ty files and you can split them later using the Parse file button in TyTools or use the standalone tydemux utility to do the same thing. This will give you m2v (video) and m2a (audio) files. Tysplit mode extracts and splits on the fly. If you use multiplex mode then you'll need to demux the file in TMPGEnc to get your audio and video files. There are lots of free tools on the web for converting the audio file to a wav file. The audio is mpeg layer II so look for a utility that can convert this to whatever format you desire.
    Please don't PM me or any other members looking for personal assistance. You'll do better by posting (after you've exhausted the search feature, of course) and taking advantage of the collective expertise of the membership instead of a single individual that may or may not be able to help you. Thank you and enjoy your stay at DDB!

Thanks

Will do!

No reason to come out of the closet, I knew you were one of those lost sheep when you said you were using Tytool.

Quicktime is available for windows, and Apple's coming out with a windows version of iTunes... it'll ship with your iPod, or you can download it free.

So my directions will (eventually) work for you, even if you insist on using Gate's Folly.

The simplest way is to use tystudio to extract elementary streams, then take the audio stream and convert it strait to MP3 using winamp.
    Before PMing me: Iím not your personal tech support. If you have a question, ask in public so I don't have to repeat if somebody else asks. If you want images or slices, use emule. I will ignore all support PMs.

Sponsor a vegetarian! I have taken the pledge, how about you?

I've been away from the scene a little bit, but just would like to make sure that this can only be done on pure 'video' type shows correct?

That is, you still can't extract just the audio only from a music channel. I do remember that it is possible to actually record a music channel via creating a season pass, but you still can't actually extract music only.

Still the case?

Music channels support

Any intention of the current split tools supporting the music channels?
    Badness

Re: Music channels support

Originally posted by Badness
    Any intention of the current split tools supporting the music channels?
    Don't forget to post this question on every tivocommunity forum too, to improve your chances of getting a prompt answer.

Keep your posts to a single forum on a single board. It's proper ettiquette.

There are no intentions of any of the current tools doing music channel extraction.

If this thread continues to degrade, it will be closed and deleted.

Understood. Thanks for the reply.
    Badness

Originally posted by JJBliss
    There are no intentions of any of the current tools doing music channel extraction.
    I'm curious about your remark. Is the extraction of music channels considered forbidden by Dtivo folk or are you just saying that our developers aren't interested in supporting it?

Originally posted by rd001
    I'm curious about your remark. Is the extraction of music channels considered forbidden by Dtivo folk or are you just saying that our developers aren't interested in supporting it?
    Not that I know of.

I was being abrupt in order to quell the snide remarks, and kindling flame fest.

There is no possible way to "extract" the music channels, because there is currently no way to record the music channels such that any of the current tools could extract them anyway.

Moreover, the actual question was badly worded and ill conceived as it looked to investigate "split tools" not even extraction.

Regarding "our developers", they have their hands kind of full with the video/audio tasks on their plate, and I think it would be silly to divert their attention at this point, dont you?

Since the current tools would have to be reworked in their entirety, as well as manipulating the Dtivo software to allow for archiving/recording of the music channels, I thought my brief comment was sufficient.

JJ Bliss

David, funny avatar.

Badness, why not just take your audio out, like fiber out, into a sound card. Then you could record pure digital audio into a computer? Unless there's a copyright bit in the streams where software won't let you record.