Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Hard Drive Unlocker for UTV

Angry 40g is 8g?

thanx got past that but the 4o gig drive formats out to only 8 gig any suggestions.

Check your jumpers. An incorrect jumper setting will limit the drive to 8 GB. If thats not it and the drive is unlocked, its a drive problem...

aLfer

Keep getting " . "'s...nothing else!

I've tried both mhd3 proggy's, in both primary, and secondary IDE's, it looks like it's working, but after 16 hours I'm still getting " . "'s every 10 seconds, but I never hear writing noises on the drive. I hear it spinning, but no "gronking". I'm trying to unlock a Seagate 40 gig from a UTV unit. I'm using XP home, and tried drive as a slave, and master. My puter sees it in "Device Manager", but not in "My Computer", or "Disk Manager" Anybody got any suggestions ?? Thanks

boot from a floppy disk (with mhd program on it)
    with only the UTV drive plugged in on the primary IDE port as master
    run the original mhd program (let it set over nite)
    it will be unlocked in the morning
    "Don't ask me I dont know anything except what I read"

Put the Hard Drive in a Zip Lock Storage (Anti-Static) then put in a Freezer for two hours, then put in your system right away and Voila!

If all else fails this is what I plan to do. I just was burnt on Ebay and brought a locked drive.

Cool HD Maxstor 80GB Locked

Quote Originally Posted by wildfrog
    This program will REFORMAT and unlock a drive locked with a utv using a normal pc.
    THIS WILL COMPLETLY ERASE THE HARD DRIVE!!! It will not allow access to contents of the drive. This is only for re-using a utv locked drive without using your utv to unlock it. You have been warned.
    To use this program
    1: make a dos boot disk.
    2: unzip mhd3.zip and copy mhd3.exe to the boot disk.
    3: power down computer and hook drive into primary or secondary ide channel. It can be master or slave, and can be after a already installed drive such as a master cdrom.
    4: Boot with dos disk.
    5: run mhd3
    6: select desired drive. The installed drives are listed 1 to 4.
    7: Program will show what it is doing and then display a '.' every 10 seconds until done.
    8: do not power off while running or you will have to start all over again.
    9: program will tell you when it is finished.
    It normally takes 28 minutes to clear an original utv drive. All this program does is allow re-use of a utv locked drive. It has no other use. Enjoy!
    I have a hd maxtor 80gb locked with user password. I have used your procedure on my hd bat i haven't anything to do.
    Can you help me?
    Tank's.
    Madmaul

follow the instructions in post 34
    let us know what happens
    "Don't ask me I dont know anything except what I read"

I thank you so much for whoever posted this v1.1 version of the mhd3.exe program. I had hooked up a 120GB IBM Deskstar that I was trying to blank out in a PC and I kept getting a "timeout error" whenever I ran the v1.0 version. I tried and tried and with no success. When I kept reading on in this forum I found out I wasn't the only person with an IBM Deskstar HDD that was having problems. When I overwrote the old mhd3.exe with the new mhd3.exe v1.1 onto the boot floppy and put it in the PC and ran it the hard drive it starting removing the security just had it done on my original 40GB UTV drive. May the person or people who wrote this program be blessed!!!

Quote Originally Posted by aLfer
    This is to announce the release of the UTV Hard Drive unlocker, MHD3 version 1.1. This update addresses an apparent timing problem experienced by many IBM/Hitachi Deskstar users. It may or may not work with other hard drive brands. As I had access to only my IBM Deskstar 180GXP, I wasnt able to test any other brands. If you have success with v1.1 with another brand, please post your results. If this program does not work for your drive, try the original v1.0 at the top of this thread. Also included is the source code for both versions 1.0 and 1.1 for all you coders. Enjoy.

NOTES ON USE OF MHD3.EXE:

- Most importantly, it is imperative you allow sufficient time for the drive to finish zeroing. For every 40 GB's of hard drive capacity, you MUST allow AT LEAST 30 minutes from the time you run mhd3.exe. Even if the program tells you the drive is finished sooner than this, let the machine sit at the a prompt until the necessary time has elapsed. This means for an 80GB drive, wait 1 hour; for a 120GB drive, wait at least 1.5 hours, etc from the initial mhd3 execution.

- This program must be run in pure dos from a boot disk.

- For best results, attach your locked drive as primary master with no other drives connected. If you get timeout errors, try using the program in an older, slower machine such as a p2-200.
    Sorry but when i try to use this program hi give me the message like "Unknown error. if drive is losked try again" i tried the new version1.1 of mhd3 and its still the same. i have the Dell Laptop whith Hitachi Travelstar 40Gb whith security level "maximum". please if you have any idea to fix this problem e-mail me at stefanteofanovic@hotmail.com or post a reply.

thanks
    Last edited by Ovich; 02-26-2006 at 05:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ovich
    Sorry but when i try to use this program hi give me the message like "Unknown error. if drive is losked try again" i tried the new version1.1 of mhd3 and its still the same. i have the Dell Laptop whith Hitachi Travelstar 40Gb whith security level "maximum". please if you have any idea to fix this problem e-mail me at stefanteofanovic@hotmail.com or post a reply.

thanks
    I have this problem as well, any way to fix it?

Quote Originally Posted by krackle
    I have this problem as well, any way to fix it?
    I have the same problem too I hope someone can help us

Im no pro at this, but it seams like western digital hard drives it wont work with, when it is in "security lvl of Maximum". I as like every one else with this brand of hard drive, or xbox hard drive get the same results:

Unknown error, if drive is locked try agian

This is a xbox hard drive 8gb (model: WD80EB)

If any onw knows a way to unlock these hard drives (i dont care about the info left on the drive) please post some thing. Also for those wiht seagate hard drives from a xbox check out llamma.com, they have some program that can unlock them ones, but not WD drives . Time for me to move on in research, have fun unlocking every one .

This software doesnt seem to work

This software was unable to unlock hitachi/IBM Hard drives from a thinkpad T43

i have ibm thinkpad t42 with hitachi Hdd locked , any way to unlock ?

Br Atef

i need to know too if it can unlock travelstar hitachi serie