Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: DDB banned from TCF!

On an upbeat note, I had been posting replies in a thread at TCF about EditTitle when asked if there was any way to restore deleted shows. I have indicated that there is another forum not allowed to be referenced in the TCF that goes above and beyond the topics allowed for discussion at TCF. I left word for anyone interested to PM me for the link. Due to the TCF software setup any previous references were being bleeped in my posts and PMs. I inserted David Bought's URLs posted at the beginning of this thread and it looks like we're going to see a lot of new members here. I've been inundated with PMs asking for the link to the "best Tivo hacking forum on the net". In fact, I just received two PM's from the TCF while writing this.
    Please don't PM me or any other members looking for personal assistance. You'll do better by posting (after you've exhausted the search feature, of course) and taking advantage of the collective expertise of the membership instead of a single individual that may or may not be able to help you. Thank you and enjoy your stay at DDB!

And in case anyone's interested, TCF deleted the thread that was there, on censorship.

How's that for ironic ?

Originally posted by JJBliss
    And in case anyone's interested, TCF deleted the thread that was there, on censorship.

How's that for ironic ?
    Just searched TCF for "censorship".

Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms.
    Mein fuhrer would be proud. It's their right but what a sad, sad statement it makes about how they run their board.
    Heil TiVo!

Originally posted by Silverdude
    Actually i am happily married, never practice sodomy.

SD
    MAN, you need to get a more compliant wife!

MAN, you need to get a more compliant wife!
    I will mention it to her, see what she says!

Actually i am more of a prude! I just to not believe that my prudeness should be forced onto other people.

I am very much against gay marriages, but that is my opinion, and as such, i DO NOT believe i have the right to tell some else they are not allow to get married.

SD

PS Arrogant people piss me off too!
    PPS Arrogant:
    Having or displaying a sense of overbearing self-worth or self-importance.
    Marked by or arising from a feeling or assumption of one's superiority toward others

I am very much against gay marriages, but that is my opinion, and as such, i DO NOT believe i have the right to tell some else they are not allow to get married.
    At some point in your life you have to ask yourself - is this the kind of world you want your children to grow up in? Do you want them to spend their adolescence fending off pro-gay propaganda that encourages them to "try" a sinful and hazardous lifestyle?

If not, it's time to take a stand and stop worrying about who you might offend.

Sodomy doesn't imply gay, sodomy just means anal or oral sex. In all honesty, if soddomy were strictly a gay thing, then I wouldn't support it either. (can't exactly say I would oppose it though)
    Last edited by AlphaWolf; 07-22-2003 at 01:19 PM.
    Before PMing me: Iím not your personal tech support. If you have a question, ask in public so I don't have to repeat if somebody else asks. If you want images or slices, use emule. I will ignore all support PMs.

Sponsor a vegetarian! I have taken the pledge, how about you?

This post started off bad and has gotten worse. Can we please take the morality discussions someplace else?! It has no place in a DTivo hacking forum.
    SpongeBob is not a contraceptive - Bart S.
    A tabloid, is that one of those really strong mints? - Homer S.

I agree. Not only did this thread take a wrong turn but it ran right off a cliff!
    Please don't PM me or any other members looking for personal assistance. You'll do better by posting (after you've exhausted the search feature, of course) and taking advantage of the collective expertise of the membership instead of a single individual that may or may not be able to help you. Thank you and enjoy your stay at DDB!

Which brings us to .... Cliff... how is Cliff?
    If a goldfish should want a vacation, who would know?

Well, the popular consensus is that this thread has gone awry.

I think that censorship issues can be an interesting topic for discussion, but most probably in another more general forum.

Let's leave it here for a few hours/days. Then it will be moved to the Chit Chat forum.

If it continues to go south, it will be closed.

JJ Bliss

Re: DDB banned from TCF!

Originally posted by captain_video
    In case anyone's interested, the mere mention of the DealDataBase forum in any of the Tivo Community Forums is automatically censored with a bunch of asterisks. If you post a link to this site the first part of the URL automatically gets "bleeped out." How's that for keeping your membership in the dark and away from the truth?
    THis is not really that new. This has been this way for a few months, IIRC.

PVRExtreme.com (a site selling turbonet "workalike" cards) was also on the censored list, along with who knows what else.

Guys,
    Forget tivocommunity's rules. Please don't use David's picture in your avatars! I will remove them if I see them, should you use them again I will have to remove your access to using avators at all. Thanks for your understanding.
    - Vadim
    Administrator

Thanks for that, Vadim. While I can appreciate the irony and satire intended by the use of his picture as an avatar, it was getting kind of creepy seeing his face all over the forums.

I agree, seeing David here was sorta funny at first, but I think it's just not right to misuse the man's picture.

I did like the picture where the person did "adolf bottler" though....