Thread: Anybody ??

Anybody ??

I am looking for fellow members who have had a unit "stuck" at "Almost There....." and had them repaired by someone like Truett or PVR repair to post what was repaired (part name or # possibly) or if anyone did a repair themselves and what they did.
    Looking for a longshot.....does any know if any of these repair services out there do free estimates (I know I pick up the shipping costs)
    ANY info posted would be HUGELY appreciated!!

They should be able to give you an estimate over the phone or via e-mail. However, before you send a unit in for repair based on getting stuck on the "Almost there " screen I'd suggest installing a known good image back on the hard drive to see if your problem will clear itself. The repair shops may not want to deal with any software issues. If it doesn't, try checking all of the cable connections to make sure they're all intact. You may have to reseat the ribbon cables several times before you get a good connection. Pulling them completely out and swapping them end for end sometimes works.
    Please don't PM me or any other members looking for personal assistance. You'll do better by posting (after you've exhausted the search feature, of course) and taking advantage of the collective expertise of the membership instead of a single individual that may or may not be able to help you. Thank you and enjoy your stay at DDB!