Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Killing the "error #51" nag without doing a "clear and delete everything"

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaWolf
    This script will remove the error #51 nag that shows up when you either move a hard drive from one tivo to another, or screw with your crypto chip (e.g. change the serial number).

Note though that if you run this script, any scrambled recordings that you currently have will no longer work. This means that you should only use this script if all of your recordings were recorded with noscramble. The reason being is that the particular keys stored on your tivos hard drive that are used to match the drive with the crypto chip are also used to encrypt your recordings, hence if you delete them, new keys will be generated, and the old streams will not decrypt properly.
    This may help someone?? It worked for me, Thanks to all!!

Bash-2.02# cd /var/hack
    Bash-2.02# dos2unix 51killer.tcl
    Bash-2.02# chmod +x 51killer.tcl
    Bash-2.02# ./51killer.tcl
    Last edited by kelsirose02; 05-07-2006 at 07:07 PM.
    2 DSR7000 TIVO OS 6.2 SUPERPATCHED FOR
    HMO & MRV

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaWolf
    This script will remove the error #51 nag that shows up when you either move a hard drive from one tivo to another, or screw with your crypto chip (e.g. change the serial number).

Note though that if you run this script, any scrambled recordings that you currently have will no longer work. This means that you should only use this script if all of your recordings were recorded with noscramble. The reason being is that the particular keys stored on your tivos hard drive that are used to match the drive with the crypto chip are also used to encrypt your recordings, hence if you delete them, new keys will be generated, and the old streams will not decrypt properly.
    This may help someone?? It worked for me, Thanks to all!!

Bash-2.02# cd /var/hack
    Bash-2.02# dos2unix 51killer.tcl
    Bash-2.02# chmod +x 51killer.tcl
    Bash-2.02# ./51killer.tcl
    2 DSR7000 TIVO OS 6.2 SUPERPATCHED FOR
    HMO & MRV

Just a quick "thanks" for this script. My old HDVR2 had a flakey tuner, so I snagged another on Ebay. DTV updated the serial, but then I got the evil #51. A quick Google brought me here and this worked like a charm.

For anyone with all sorts of unix tools on their tivos, you can also just open the file in vi and do the following to get rid of the DOS linebreaks:

:%s/CTRL-vm//g

That's literally holding down the "CTRL" key and hitting "v" and while still holding "CTRL" hitting "m". In unix parlance, the ctrl-v sequence means "take the next thing typed literally" and ctrl-m means "carriage return" (of the DOS variety). The whole vi command above says to replace all occurences of a DOS linebreak with "nothing", globally.

Thanks again for the script, I really didn't want to lose all my recordings on an almost-full 120GB drive.

AlphaWolf,

Thanks!! House got hit by lightning and lost most of my electronics. I replaced my tivos and swapped the drives and the script worked perfectly. Many thanks...

Smee

How do i use this? (I Have a TiVo HD XL TCD658000 with TiVo OS 11)

It looks as if the script upload is gone - sorry.
    Steve

Found this buried on an old HD.

Can't vouch for the fact that it's the original, but it might be worth a shot.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I don't think this would help Jonas, though, since he has a TiVo HD. These scripts were mainly for Series 1 and 2 TiVos. I could be mistaken, as I never owned a post-Series-2 TiVo (I am not counting the DirecTV THR22 which isn't TiVo hardware.)
    Steve