Thread: Tystudio Editor Crashing, VI not working need help.

Tystudio Editor Crashing, VI not working need help.

Ok well I've been trying to get vi to work on my tivo, and I can't do it. I've tried following the instructions in tutorial thread, but it doesn't work.

If I can't get vi to work, then is there another way to edit the files on my windows machine and then reupload them to the tivo.

Next problem is with tystudio editor. I was able to download a test show that I did, and when I open it in tystudio it says indexing until 49% then an error pops up:

TyEditor.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

So I have no clue what to do about that, so is there another program I can use to view/edit the .ty files.

Last edited by Cassius; 07-23-2003 at 01:48 PM.

Re: Tystudio Editor Crashing, VI not working need help.

Originally posted by Cassius
    Ok well I've been trying to get vi to work on my tivo, and I can't do it. I've tried following the instructions in tutorial thread, but it doesn't work.

If I can't get vi to work, then is there another way to edit the files on my windows machine and then reupload them to the tivo.

Next problem is with tystudio editor. I was able to download a test show that I did, and when I open it in tystudio it says indexing until 49% then an error pops up:

TyEditor.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

So I have no clue what to do about that, so is there another program I can use to view/edit the .ty files.

I am having this same problem, have you figured it out yet??

Thanks.

EDIT: Got it, I just used TyTools to convert the .ty file I d/l from the Tivo.
    Last edited by Shr00m; 08-04-2003 at 12:54 PM.
    Webmaster @
    Shr00mServer's i730 Resources.
    http://nextel.shroomserver.org/

I just used Joe instead of vi, and I havn't gotten tystudio to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Shr00m

Thanks.

Can you explain what/how you did? I'm having the same problem here.

Quote Originally Posted by Shr00m

Thanks.

I could be mistaken, but here it goes.

Are you using a a Dtivo Series 2?

I have a Philip DSR 704 and monted it and all. Sleeper's iso 1.01 installs Kmem to stop video encryption, but it seems that with the newer receivers that doesn't work. check this out it might help you: http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=31213

TyStudio does not work with S2 extractions very well if at all. Such incompatibility is documented on the TyStudio website.

TyStudio has not been ported to the MIPS platform and will not work on S2 Tivos. Stick with either TyTools (MIPS versions) or mfs_ftp for your extraction chores.
    Please don't PM me or any other members looking for personal assistance. You'll do better by posting (after you've exhausted the search feature, of course) and taking advantage of the collective expertise of the membership instead of a single individual that may or may not be able to help you. Thank you and enjoy your stay at DDB!

I have the same "49%" problem indexing a .ty file extracted from my HDVR2. I'd be happy to provide a debug log if the author of tystudio wants more info about the problem.