Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: By Popular Demand...The Tivo Guy: Resurected

By Popular Demand...

The Tivo Guy: Resurected

On 3.1 DirecTivo units, the dancing "Tivo Guy" animation was disabled for some reason. By a popular request, I have dusted off an old TCL script that I wrote during the days when we first developed video insertion, and modified it for the specific purpose of bringing back the "Tivo Guy". (note, this is only intended for 3.1 units, although it will work for previous versions)

Enjoy

EDIT: Updated the script to work for sony branded Tivos. Download count should be 113 plus whatever is below.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by AlphaWolf; 10-04-2003 at 08:29 PM.
    Before PMing me: I知 not your personal tech support. If you have a question, ask in public so I don't have to repeat if somebody else asks. If you want images or slices, use emule. I will ignore all support PMs.

Sponsor a vegetarian! I have taken the pledge, how about you?

nice.....

Can you put this in there??

Well, I finally got around to running this on my 3.1 DTivo, SAT-T60, and I get an error "can't read targetfsid" line 46.

Any thoughts? I'd love to download the happy Tivo guy.

My guess is that it couldn't find the FSID of the clip. I may have to hunt down a different filename for the sony units, not sure since I don't have one to look at to find out.
    Before PMing me: I知 not your personal tech support. If you have a question, ask in public so I don't have to repeat if somebody else asks. If you want images or slices, use emule. I will ignore all support PMs.

Is there anything I can do to look it up, or help give you data to figure out what it is?

29 Please..... :)

I too have been messing around with this script on my HDVR2.

Unfortunately, the Tivo Guy animation is not located anywhere on these new S2 units.

The file the script is looking for is 'LongOpen.mpv'

Would some kind soul, who has an older Tivo unit, upload this file off their Tivo somewhere that we can download it and put it on our new S2 units?

I can possibly host the file if it isn't too large (>200Meg).

Comments?

-Brian

Re: Please..... :)

Originally posted by AbMagFab
    Is there anything I can do to look it up, or help give you data to figure out what it is?
    Ah, didn't notice your post earlier. Unfortunately there is nothing I can do unless I can physicaly look at a sony unit, because its a matter of searching around for something that *might* be it, then trying it, etc. IIRC though, the tivo splash wasn't disabled on the sony units? You may be able to just hit the tivo button, then press the zero key.

Originally posted by MBQuart
    I too have been messing around with this script on my HDVR2.

Unfortunately, the Tivo Guy animation is not located anywhere on these new S2 units.

The file the script is looking for is 'LongOpen.mpv'

Would some kind soul, who has an older Tivo unit, upload this file off their Tivo somewhere that we can download it and put it on our new S2 units?

I can possibly host the file if it isn't too large (>200Meg).

Comments?

-Brian
    It could still be there. However, if you know somebody with an S1 unit that can run this script, have them go ahead and run it, and then extract the video clip with rileys mfs_ftp, as it will work just like a regular tystream, and then use mfs_ftp to also reinsert it to the tivo of your choice.

AlphaW- I ran this on my T60 with 2.5.2 and I get this error:

can't read "targetfsid": no such variable
    while executing
    "set fsid $targetfsid"
    (file "./tivoguy.tcl" line 46)
    If a goldfish should want a vacation, who would know?

Originally posted by SR712

while executing
    "set fsid $targetfsid"
    SR712, the 'can't read targetfsid variable' is basically saying the script didn't find the LongOpen.mpv file. The code in question looks like this:

Code:
    #
    # Lets identify the target FSID
    #
    ForeachMfsFile fsid name type "/Resource/VideoClip" "" {

RetryTransaction {
            set resobject [db $db openid $fsid]
            set resname [dbobj $resobject get Name]
            if { $resname == "LongOpen.mpv" } {
                set targetfsid [dbobj $resobject get File]
            }
        }
    }

set fsid $targetfsid

puts "found him at FSID $fsid\!"
    So basically the line 'set fsid $targetfsid' fails because the "LongOpen.mpv" file was not found therefore not setting the 'targetfsid' variable (which doesn't exist until it's 'set').

Hope this made sense.

AlphaW, you wouldn't happen to have the 'LongOpen.xxx" file that you might share with us would you?

I just got my first Tivo and it's a HDVR2 so I have never seen the Tivo Guy!

while executing
    "set fsid $targetfsid"
    2.5.2 units do it too? Hmm...ok, more than likely its only a different filename for sony units. Do this, open http://tivo/mfs/Resource/VideoClip (tivoweb) and you'll notice a list of names, followed by database indexing numbers. Open one, look at the "File" attribute (this is the stream FSID), then use: "mfs_export <FSID> /dev/mpeg0v". Whatever is on your screen will be covered by whatever content that video clip has (albeit very garbled), and if you can recognize the tivo guy clip, thats your target filename, if not, try another one, and keep trying til you find it.

MBQuart: try this same proceedure with your S2 unit, it may very well have it on there.
    Last edited by AlphaWolf; 08-21-2003 at 11:22 PM.

Thanks AlphaWolf and MBQuart. Ya learn something new every day, eh? I didn't think about looking with the TiVoWeb module. The file is called S_LongOpen.mpv on my T60 with 2.5.2. I am assuming the "S" stands for Sony. There are a bunch of files labeled with the S prefix in there. Anyway, it is 6MB. Do you still want this, MBQuart?

BTW, I really wouldn't call it "dancing"... haha... more like sliding around in some virtual roller coaster thing. hehe. I guess dancing is a polite way of describing it.
    Last edited by SR712; 08-22-2003 at 08:28 PM.
    If a goldfish should want a vacation, who would know?

Anyway, it is 6MB. Do you still want this, MBQuart?
    It may still end up being on S2 units, MBQuart should try the same thing and see if it is there.

Thanks AlphaWolf and MBQuart. Ya learn something new every day, eh? I didn't think about looking with the TiVoWeb module. The file is called S_LongOpen.mpv on my T60 with 2.5.2. I am assuming the "S" stands for Sony. There are a bunch of files labeled with the S prefix in there. Anyway, it is 6MB. Do you still want this, MBQuart?

BTW, I really wouldn't call it "dancing"... haha... more like sliding around in some virtual roller coaster thing. hehe. I guess dancing is a polite way of describing it.
    I tried what AlphaWolf said and here are a list of files I have in Video/Resources:
    Code:
    DIRECTV_Blue.mpv
    DIRECTV_BluePlusTiVo.mpv
    DIRECTV_BluePlusTiVoWriteOn.mpv
    DIRECTV_BlueWriteOn.mpv
    DIRECTV_Blue_w_NoBrand.mpv
    DIRECTV_Blue_w_NoBrandWriteOn.mpv
    DIRECTV_FindByName.mpv
    DIRECTV_Green.mpv
    DIRECTV_GreenPlusTiVo.mpv
    DIRECTV_GreenPlusTiVoWriteOn.mpv
    DIRECTV_GreenWriteOn.mpv
    DIRECTV_Green_w_NoBrand.mpv
    DIRECTV_Green_w_NoBrandWriteOn.mpv
    HNS_WatchTV0.mpv
    The largest file listed is DIRECTV_Green_w_NoBrandWriteOn.mpv and it is only 224 (kbytes?). So it looks like the dancing Tivo Guy is not on my S2 HDVR2

SR712, I would like a copy of your S_LongOpen file if you wouldn't mind? PM me and let me know. Thanks.

-Brian

Originally posted by MBQuart
    I tried what AlphaWolf said and here are a list of files I have in Video/Resources:
    Code:
    DIRECTV_Blue.mpv
    DIRECTV_BluePlusTiVo.mpv
    DIRECTV_BluePlusTiVoWriteOn.mpv
    DIRECTV_BlueWriteOn.mpv
    DIRECTV_Blue_w_NoBrand.mpv
    DIRECTV_Blue_w_NoBrandWriteOn.mpv
    DIRECTV_FindByName.mpv
    DIRECTV_Green.mpv
    DIRECTV_GreenPlusTiVo.mpv
    DIRECTV_GreenPlusTiVoWriteOn.mpv
    DIRECTV_GreenWriteOn.mpv
    DIRECTV_Green_w_NoBrand.mpv
    DIRECTV_Green_w_NoBrandWriteOn.mpv
    HNS_WatchTV0.mpv
    The largest file listed is DIRECTV_Green_w_NoBrandWriteOn.mpv and it is only 224 (kbytes?). So it looks like the dancing Tivo Guy is not on my S2 HDVR2

SR712, I would like a copy of your S_LongOpen file if you wouldn't mind? PM me and let me know. Thanks.

-Brian
    Thats not the size of the stream, that is the size of the database object, which is just a file that contains the indexing information and stream attributes. None of those streams should be any smaller than 1 meg (most should be 4 megs). Just try playing them back as I described earlier, it may be on there.