Thread: xtreme 2.5.2

Question xtreme 2.5.2

do you have tio install 2.5 then upgrade to 2.5.2 or can load the
    mfs file from disk without 2.5 installed?

The 2.5.2 mfs file is a backup image of a full DTivo OS at version 2.5.2 with Xtreme. It is not the same as the 2.5.2 upgrade to 2.5Xtreme and does not contain the various hacks and utilities that are part of Superzap's xPlusz program. The 2.5.2 upgrade is not a full OS and is merely an upgrade. You must install 2.5Xtreme before installing the upgrade.

You are better off installing 2.5Xtreme and then installing the upgrade. Here's a tutorial I wrote for performing the 2.5Xtreme installation and the 2.5.2 upgrade.
    Please don't PM me or any other members looking for personal assistance. You'll do better by posting (after you've exhausted the search feature, of course) and taking advantage of the collective expertise of the membership instead of a single individual that may or may not be able to help you. Thank you and enjoy your stay at DDB!

Please clarify. On Tivostuff, the file DSR6000_252Xtreme.zip is described as "superzaps DSR6000 2.52 Xtreme ISO." In the previous post, you indicate that the 252 MFS file "does not contain the various hacks and utilities that are part of Superzap's xPlusz program." This seems contradictory, but I just want confirmation before I load the 252 MFS file.

Originally posted by lonaman
    Please clarify. On Tivostuff, the file DSR6000_252Xtreme.zip is described as "superzaps DSR6000 2.52 Xtreme ISO." In the previous post, you indicate that the 252 MFS file "does not contain the various hacks and utilities that are part of Superzap's xPlusz program." This seems contradictory, but I just want confirmation before I load the 252 MFS file.
    As captain said, they are different files. An mfs is a backup of a tivo, the Xtreme ISO is a CD image that contains both a backup as well as other scripts and utilities.

Inside DSR6000_252Xtreme.zip is a file called D6k252x1.mfs. So, my question remains, what is this file exaclty. Does it contain superzaps xPlusZ hacks? What is a .mfs file anyway. Is it the same as a .bak file?

The D6k252x1.mfs file is just a 2.5Xtreme image that's been updated to reflect the changes to the 2.5.2 OS. It is a full standalone image and not an upgrade. It does NOT contain any of the xPlusz hacks. Superzap's 2.5.2 and 3.1 upgrades include the xPlusz program as well as the files necessary to upgrade the OS to either version 2.5.2 or 3.1. These are upgrade files only and require that 2.5Xtreme be installed first.
    Please don't PM me or any other members looking for personal assistance. You'll do better by posting (after you've exhausted the search feature, of course) and taking advantage of the collective expertise of the membership instead of a single individual that may or may not be able to help you. Thank you and enjoy your stay at DDB!