Thread: 25xtreme and T60

25xtreme and T60

Hi guys,
    I'm having a problem upgrading a Sony Sat T60. I have xtreme 252 running on two other Sat T60's and had only the typical newbie problems with them. On this one I decided to go ahead and upgrade to 3.1 and see if I could tell any difference.

After getting everything configured, the unit worked for about three seconds then went into a freeze frame mode which also locked up the box. The only way to shut down or change channel was via the power cord. I thought I must have done something wrong so I went back to 25xtreme ver. 2.5 and I get the same symptoms. This is a unit off Ebay so it may be hardward related rather than software.

Anyone have any input?

Thanks for the help...

fly

Re: 25xtreme and T60

Originally posted by flydss
    Hi guys,
    I'm having a problem upgrading a Sony Sat T60. I have xtreme 252 running on two other Sat T60's and had only the typical newbie problems with them. On this one I decided to go ahead and upgrade to 3.1 and see if I could tell any difference.

After getting everything configured, the unit worked for about three seconds then went into a freeze frame mode which also locked up the box. The only way to shut down or change channel was via the power cord. I thought I must have done something wrong so I went back to 25xtreme ver. 2.5 and I get the same symptoms. This is a unit off Ebay so it may be hardward related rather than software.

Anyone have any input?

Thanks for the help...

fly
    but it worked fine prior to you attempting to UPGRADE to Xtreme25x ??
    ~Hi8

(4) Hughes SD DVR40
    (1) Hughes HR10-250
    (2) xbmc XBOX X2 & xbit

I powered the unit up and saw that it hadn't made a phone call in six months but never tried to watch TV. I mainly was interested in gettting the no phone hack installed but in hindsight should have checked it out more thoroughly, although if it boots I figured everything else was golden.

fly

Just a FYI,
    I pulled the hard drive out of my Sat 60 and tried it. It booted up fine, but only lasted a few seconds before if froze up just like the other drive had done.

Must be a hardware issue, but a new one to me.

If anyone has any input before I try to get my money back please advise....

fly

Get it back.

Probably a motherboard issue. Guy probably sold it cause of this and AS IS in the header. Unfortunately you get what you pay for on FLEAbay, everybodys heard it and been there done that