Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cherry ?

Cherry ?

Model: DWD490re
    Client Sw 3.5
    DTV 1.0
    Storage:ST 340825a

Unit will not reconize P3/P4(tries to dial out)then goes ,please insert your card.

Is this a normal condition or does this unit have a problem.As you can tell this is the 1st utv i have played with!

Sounds like the card is in the wrong slot.

take the card out of the webtv slot and put it in the sat slot

Try not to put the p4 in when it downloads or you will get 3.7 and you will be forced to use the p4. At leat until we get this thing hacked.

Try and use your hu.
    If you are subbing, they will force the p4 on you anyhow.

Hey dragonmaster - I had the same problem, if you have it in the left slot, someone had broke the card reader. I took the cover off and found that the card reader was separated and would not hold the card. BE CAREFUL! I shorted the reader and something on the board burned out. At this point I'm at a loss as to how to get it fixed, RCA refused to look at it once I told them I had remov ed the cover. Any suggestions out there? AZBill

Thanks to all,TCG you hit the nail on the head(told you this was a cherry ?)found the little drop down door and all was well when i found the right slot!

BTW,should I dump this image to my pc for future use?
    Last edited by Dragonmaster; 08-18-2003 at 09:20 PM.

Yes dump it if you can. And if you do please share it. Thats the only way we will get this thing figured out. Just don't charge 20 bucks for it.

Enjoy the ultimate.

Havn't found winhex as yet,but i have HexWork Shop 4.0,will this work to save/dump image.?

Originally posted by Dragonmaster
    Havn't found winhex as yet,but i have HexWork Shop 4.0,will this work to save/dump image.?
    Don't know anything about HWS, but I can vouch that WH is on ed2k. Just do a search for v10.8.SR7 and ye shall find...

Originally posted by wad
    Try not to put the p4 in when it downloads or you will get 3.7 and you will be forced to use the p4. At leat until we get this thing hacked.

Try and use your hu.
    If you are subbing, they will force the p4 on you anyhow.
    Don't worry about that. The video quality is equally good with a P3 or P4. In fact the P4 is a much faster card (12Mhz vs 4.608Mhz) and will result in a better overall user experience.

Got Winhex v10.8.sr7 and also 10.9 sr14,connected hd of UTV to secondary ide,booted cpu into bios,set for auto detect,found primary hd as 20 gig and secondary as 40 gig,save changes and exit.Run winhex,choose physical disk 1(utv)open disk,get error,ignore error,get all 00's in the dump!Both versions same results.Any suggestions?Program will open disk 0(C-drive)and gives no errors and seems to work.

Run winhex,choose physical disk 1(utv)open disk,get error,ignore error,get all 00's in the dump!.
    Sounds like you may not have copied the USER.TXT file into your WH install directory after installing the software.

I personally used 10.8.SR7 and it worked like a charm. You may want to unisnstall WH, including removing the WH directory (!), then reinstall and finally, copy the USER.TXT file into the directory.

GL!

Error

Hi Dragonmaster - My experience has been if you get an error reading the drive, then it's locked! The best way to unlock it is with a program called mhd3. Sometimes this can be done in windows, but I've found it to work more often by putting the program on a bootable floppy and bot with it then execute mhd3 from dos. This has always worked for me. Good luck! AZBill

Just re-read your post, and I think azbill might be right.

You said
    connected hd of UTV to secondary ide,booted cpu into bios,set for auto detect,found primary hd as 20 gig and secondary as 40 gig
    What you didn't say is;

1. Booted computer with a spare IDE cable and paused before HDD detection. BIOS set to Auto detect all drives.

2. Booted UTV, and after drive activity ceased, carefully disconnected the UTV's IDE cable

3. Connected PC's spare IDE cable to UTV drive.

4. Resumed PC boot to Windows and started WinHEX.

The key is (2) above. You can't boot the PC with the UTV drive locked, you need to UTV to unlock it first.

Found FSNo at 15480624 save 15480600-174805ff(32 megs)
    just saved a default(noname.dat)is this correct?If so a assume i can .rar or .zip it?

Found FSNo at 15480624 save 15480600-174805ff(32 megs)
    just saved a default(noname.dat)is this correct?If so a assume i can .rar or .zip it?
    No way man. Don't you have any appreciation for the damage that a lossless compression algorithm can do to your data???