Thread: someone help

someone help

i just got a tivo t60 and i put xupgrade 3.1 on it and now i dont get locals any more and ever 15 mins it goes into tivos main menu
    how can i stop it from doing this

First of all, never start a post begging for help. It's almost guaranteed to get you flamed. Second, give us more background info on what you've done to the DTivo to get to where you are. There are too many variables that could have caused your problem so we need more info before we can help.

Did you start with a fresh install of 2.5Xtreme or did you already have 2.5Xtreme installed and operating before you upgraded to 3.1? Your post makes it sound like you never had 2.5Xtreme installed at all and you just went to the 3.1 upgrade. If that's the case then it's no wonder you're having a problem. The 3.1 upgrade is only applied after installing 2.5Xtreme. Installing the 3.1 upgrade on a stock DTivo will surely cause you problems.
    Last edited by captain_video; 08-22-2003 at 08:50 PM.
    Please don't PM me or any other members looking for personal assistance. You'll do better by posting (after you've exhausted the search feature, of course) and taking advantage of the collective expertise of the membership instead of a single individual that may or may not be able to help you. Thank you and enjoy your stay at DDB!

sounds like you are running either a dealer card or a hacked access card, so the tivo is in demo mode. if this is the case, we can't help you much, because dtv hacking isnt allowed as a topic for discussion here, and dtv has certain policies for dealer stuff which are pretty rigid.

if thats not the case, give us more info.
    Step one: search button!
    Silly Wabbit, guides are for kids

never mind i fix the problem i had to reinstall it
    Last edited by nickgame3; 08-24-2003 at 02:54 PM.