Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DirecTivo for existing DirecTV customers $99 plus shipping

DirecTivo for existing DirecTV customers $99 plus shipping

login here https://signin.directv.com/DTVAPP/OH...ardwareHome.do and enter the offer code: FFDVR

DIRECTV® Digital Satellite Recorder for $99 fully installed

DIRECTV Receiver with up to 35 hour storage capability.* Dual tuner installation included.

Unit Price Quantity
    1-room DIRECTV® DVR $99.00 1
    Handling and Delivery Fee $14.95 1
    Installation Included $0.00 1
    Relocate My Existing Receiver $0.00 Yes No

The web site seems extra slow -- hope the deal works for you

They offered a similar deal several months back but it was $159.00 for the DVR. If you got your order in early enough a lot of people were getting series 1 SAT-T60's. Most people ended up getting the HDVR2's. Would you believe there were a lot of people complaining at the Tivo Community Forum because DTV sent them a SAT-T60 instead of a series 2 model?

Anyway, I just placed my order for one and it came to $119.65 with shipping and tax. You have to select a 4-hour window for installation. DTV actually sends someone to your house to deliver it and set it up.
    Please don't PM me or any other members looking for personal assistance. You'll do better by posting (after you've exhausted the search feature, of course) and taking advantage of the collective expertise of the membership instead of a single individual that may or may not be able to help you. Thank you and enjoy your stay at DDB!

I ordered one of these, gets here Tuesday. Is there gonna be a way for me to get tivoweb on there and also extract video?

Check out the series 2 hacking forum. You should find what you're looking for in there.
    Please don't PM me or any other members looking for personal assistance. You'll do better by posting (after you've exhausted the search feature, of course) and taking advantage of the collective expertise of the membership instead of a single individual that may or may not be able to help you. Thank you and enjoy your stay at DDB!

Monthly fees

What's the addon fee for a DTivo if you are already a Tivo user (not DTivo) and sat subscriber?

Also, what units did they send you guys?

Re: Monthly fees

Originally posted by throwing
    What's the addon fee for a DTivo if you are already a Tivo user (not DTivo) and sat subscriber?
    since dtv controls the dtivo subs, the cost is $5 per month for the pvr service, regardless of how many units on the account, for all dtivos on the account. if you have an SA, you will still have to pay for that seperately.
    Step one: search button!
    Silly Wabbit, guides are for kids

Re: Monthly fees

Also, what units did they send you guys?
    $5.99 per month for as many DTivos as you can cram in your house

They sent an HDVR2

$5.99 per month for as many DTivos as you can cram in your house
    Hey fixn278, are you in a Pegasus area? The DVR fee is a flat $4.99/month for as many DTivos as you want on your account everywhere else. There's also the $4.99/month mirroring fee for each additional receiver. Actually, DTV charges the fee for each access card on the account, and not the number of receivers. DTivos have dual receivers but you only have to pay a single mirroring charge since it only uses one access card.

Originally posted by captain_video
    Hey fixn278, are you in a Pegasus area? The DVR fee is a flat $4.99/month for as many DTivos as you want on your account everywhere else. There's also the $4.99/month mirroring fee for each additional receiver.
    Nope, not Pegasus.

Just checked my last statement and you are correct, it is $4.95. Not that I am complaining, but I could swear it was $5.95 when I first signed up.

Actually, DTV charges the fee for each access card on the account, and not the number of receivers. DTivos have dual receivers but you only have to pay a single mirroring charge since it only uses one access card.
    I'll give you that one, but they list it as a receiver fee, not an access card fee. Even though it may be two receivers in one, it really is classified as one receiver.

Double $5.95?

So I'm having trouble following you guys. Is it a single $5.95 or two 5.95 fees? One for DTV, the other for Tivo?

Colour me confused!

Re: Double $5.95?

So I'm having trouble following you guys. Is it a single $5.95 or two 5.95 fees? One for DTV, the other for Tivo?

Colour me confused!
    lets say you have an arbitrary number of recievers on your plan, plus:
    you have 1 dtivo - you pay $5 for the tivo service, and $5 since its an extra receiver, total of $10 above your plan
    you have 2 dtivos - you pay $5 for the tivo service and $10 for the extra tivo recievers ($5 each), total of $15 above your regular plan
    you have 3 dtivos - you pay $5 for the tivo service and $15 for the extra tivo recievers ($5 each), total of $20 above your regular plan

get the picture? if you have the platinum sub, then you get the tivo service part free, but you still have to pay the reciever mirroring fees. if you have just one reciever and its a tivo, you pay for your sub plus $5 for the tivo service, unless the aforementioned exception applies.
    Step one: search button!
    Silly Wabbit, guides are for kids

I'll give you that one, but they list it as a receiver fee, not an access card fee. Even though it may be two receivers in one, it really is classified as one receiver.
    I know I'm splitting hairs here but they actually charge you by the access card and not the receiver even though it shows up as a receiver fee on the billing statement. If they charged you for each receiver then you'd get doubled up on the DTivos. One card, one mirroring fee. It's just an easier way of tracking the fees, that's all. Think about it. If you call DTV with a problem regarding your reception or you need to have the authorization code resent to your card, they always ask for the access card's last four digits and not the receiver SN.

Anyway, I just placed my order for one and it came to $119.65 with shipping and tax. You have to select a 4-hour window for installation. DTV actually sends someone to your house to deliver it and set it up.
    captain,

did an installer actually deliver yours? This is what my email confirmation stated:

"Thank you for ordering new DIRECTV® Receivers for your home. See the order summary below for details.

Your equipment should arrive within five days. Please remember that you must be at home in order for FedEx to deliver your equipment. "

Just curious......

Tom

The message says Fedex, but the installer brings it based on the install appointment you scheduled online.

Thats cool, I thought maybe since I live in a remote area they might send it direct to me. I really don't need an installer to connect the cables to the back of it :-) but if he wants to thats fine by me. I scheduled it for next Tuesday between 8 and noon. What a bargain!!!!

Tom