Thread: oval dish alignment

oval dish alignment

Looking to check if I can "fit"between the trees for a triple oval. I have an old "Dish 500" laying aound. It has 2 lnb's labeled 110 & 119. My question is, can I use this dish to check for the 101 as well? I know I have to change the angles etc. What I don't know however is, is an lnb an lnb? Or will the 119 lnb ONLY pick up the 119 sat, and the 110 lnb only pick up the 110?
    I have always been, and always shall be, your friend.

I think the LNBs are interchangeable between Dish and DTV but you might want to check with a satellite dealer for confirmation. I know the multiswitches are different and not interchangeable so the switching voltages may be different for the two different systems, in which case my initial premise is incorrect and the LNBs are not interchangeable. They are not tuned to a particular set of transponders so if one is labeled as 110 and you point it at 119 it should still work with the 119 sat.
    Please don't PM me or any other members looking for personal assistance. You'll do better by posting (after you've exhausted the search feature, of course) and taking advantage of the collective expertise of the membership instead of a single individual that may or may not be able to help you. Thank you and enjoy your stay at DDB!

lnbs are universal. however, you can have problems if the dish500 is using a built in multiswitch type setup rather than using standard lnbs.
    Step one: search button!
    Silly Wabbit, guides are for kids

Thanks guys!
    I have always been, and always shall be, your friend.