Thread: What size is the torx screw on a T60's digital audio out?

What size is the torx screw on a T60's digital audio out?

Nothing against 9th tee, I like them. But Radio Shack has a driver set with Torx bits 15, 10 and 8 for $8 (64-1904) and it's a lot quicker to get that than order from 9th tee at twice the price.

The 10 and 15 are needed to do all but the little screw on the optical audio out. those 2 sizes are also commonly available at most home improvement stores.

I'm trying to get that last screw out because my RCA audio out is messed up and I'd like to check the solder pads before I shell out the $$$ to have it fixed by a pro. I've got no audio on RCA set 2 and low-volume, scratchy audio on RCA set 1. The unit fell backwards about 18 inches and I'm hoping the impact broke those solder connections because it would be easy to fix.
    Collecting 9/11, Afghan/Iraq, Mail Call, Trains, Cooking, Woodworking, Fighting Illini - Let's chat
    A/V links: neuron2 doom9 VideoHelp DigitalMediaNet CreativeCow DVDShrink PgcEdit Streambox WMRecorder
    other links: SnapFiles NoNags HackADay Engadget Fontleech OfflineExplorerPro TechBargains PriceWatch

Can't remember off hand which screw goes in which spot, but a T10 and T8 are both used in a DTivo. If you get both, you're covered.

Wow, that was quick.

I've used the 10 on everything but it won't fit in that last screw. There's also a 7 and 9 in the large set from 9th tee. OK, #8 it is. Danke.

Here's a thread with the correctTorx bit sizes for the case and the drive rack. I'm not sure if the digital connector uses the same size as either of these.

http://dealdatabase.com/forum/showth...orx#post105762

I wouldn't bother getting a Torx set from Rat Shack. Check out your local Home Depot or Sears. You should be able to get a complete set of screwdriver bits for a decent price.
    Please don't PM me or any other members looking for personal assistance. You'll do better by posting (after you've exhausted the search feature, of course) and taking advantage of the collective expertise of the membership instead of a single individual that may or may not be able to help you. Thank you and enjoy your stay at DDB!

the depot and loews have a little torx driver that has 4 double sided heads and they store in the handle. Has 10,15,9,8,7, and a couple else. Is small and works great. I use it everywhere and a really long extra #10 mechanics screwdriver is great for power supplies and stuff.

I checkes Lowe's the other day and all they had with the bits were down to size 10. Didn't think about an all-in-one handi-tool type thing. I'll look for it tomorrow.