Thread: Bonehead Move

Question Bonehead Move

Help please I just made a real dumb mistake. I was trying to replace my boot299 file with teraterm. At the bash prompt I just opened send file and sent it. It started to run and come up will all kids of errors. Bottom line is I lost my bash prompt. I would like to know if I messed things up bad . If I did how can I go about fixing it ?

Thanks for all the help.

Demo

Did you make a backup of the existing boot299.btl file? If not then the only recourse would be to reload a backup image toyour Tivo drive unless you can find another copy of the boot299.btl file. If you made a backup of the file and its still on the Tivo drive then you can install the drive in your PC, boot from any of the boot CDs or floppies (except the MFS Tools 2.0 CD), mount your partitions (see the Newbies Guide to the Tivo in the How Tos Only sticky in the DirecTV Tivo Hacking Forum for the procedure), and restore the backup file.
    Please don't PM me or any other members looking for personal assistance. You'll do better by posting (after you've exhausted the search feature, of course) and taking advantage of the collective expertise of the membership instead of a single individual that may or may not be able to help you. Thank you and enjoy your stay at DDB!

Thanks

I continued reading and saw the a reboot could fix the bash problem. I got Bash back and I guess everything is ok. I better read some more on how to replace my boot299 file instead of just hacking around at the bash prompt.

Thanks again Capt.
    Demo