Thread: 3.5 and 3.7 downloadable right here, with instructions. Fix Your IRD's

19 3.5 and 3.7 downloadable right here, with instructions. Fix Your IRD's

ive removed the link, sorry folks
    Last edited by Zee; 09-04-2003 at 04:12 PM.

Zee:

Thank you for posting these files. I have been trying to get them for the past couple of weeks.

One question for you regarding the "UTV Rom dumps" file link. The link seems to point to the "UTV HDD Format" file. Do you have another link for the Rom Dumps?

Thanks again.

Opps!

Hey, thanks for pointing that out, I'm fixing it now

EDIT: Added the file extractor..

The tool to put it all back together is kinda wierd, trying to document how to do that, and then i'll update this thread
    Last edited by Zee; 09-04-2003 at 12:24 PM.

Thanks !!!!

edit: the rom you post contains 2 identical files. only one is needed

if you are gona post these files(UTV HDD Format, UTV Checksum Calc, WinCE Extraction Tool) then give credit to the authors that is only respectfull. the authors are obvious b/c they posted the threads on the tools on this forum. why put the "Author Unknown" when the authors are clearly known.

Also the naming of some of the tools has significance. don't rename UTVNKExtract to WinCE Extraction Tool. those famialiar with the Windows CE platform know what the NK.bin is.

Why didn't you post the compressed image extractor(some of the most interesting stuff is in the BrowserData.image) or the W60 schematics? are you just mirroring everything UTV?

if you are wanting to start a UTV site or forum then please pm me. i would love to assist. i have compiled a lot of information you would want.

also if you are hosting a illegal copy of Winhex. why mention a no-zkt mod when you are hosting illegal software?

It would be a good idea to compress the software images. they can be reduced in size almost 50% which would save you bandwidth and people time downloading.
    Last edited by BlueCop; 09-04-2003 at 03:22 PM.

Thanks bluecop,

Actually, I didnt realize the winhex version was illegal. After thinking it over, I've removed the site, from what I've seen, discussing / having the images might even be illegal, so I'm gonna back off, I kinda got off on a tangent when I thought I'd be able to look around and possibly change the UI, but it doesn't look so easily done anymore, not to mention, you are not the first person to tell me that I should have credited the authors, I'd just like to say im sorry about that, and hopefully I haven't pissed to many people off

As far as the UTV forum goes, I'd love to do that, but I think there could be legal issues down the road

Originally posted by Zee
    discussing / having the images might even be illegal, so I'm gonna back off,
    Yes, it is a violation of U.S. copyright law to redistribute a copyrighted work without a license. In general the PVR manufacturers have turned a blind eye toward image redistribution, but they could get pissy and decide to start suing (as their RIAA brothers have) if they felt like it.

I would not put it past DTV to sue for redistribution of the UTV 3.5 image, which contains copyrighted NDS code obtained under license. This image no longer has any legitimate purpose and its sole use in this day and age is as a DRM circumvention device.

Zee you have a pm

Thanks

Maddog