Thread: Series 1 and Series 2 extraction quality

Series 1 and Series 2 extraction quality

Has anyone experienced a difference in quality between the Series 1 and Series 2 DTivos streams they've extracted?

I would think they (the chip encoding maker) might have made some improvements in the process between the Series 1 and 2 platforms.

What I 'm getting at is; are there less chances of gettting OOB packets and dropped frames or audio issues with a Series 2 stream?

I ask cause I have a Series 2 coming next week and one unit will be my primary and the second will be a backup, on stand-by if there's a third or forth show I want to record at one time or if the primary bombs out for some reason (lets hope that doesn't happen).

Thanks

EDIT:

If we've already been down this road I appologize and ask the MOD to remove this thread.

Re: Series 1 and Series 2 extraction quality

Originally posted by slideaway
    I would think they (the chip encoding maker) might have made some improvements in the process between the Series 1 and 2 platforms.
    There is no encoder in the DirecTV units. They record the MPEG encoded stream as it is sent from DirecTV.
    DVD Backup guides and TiVo to DVDR guide ----> HTTP://DVDGUIDES.TRILIGHT.NET