Thread: No Audio on DVD using Tytool7r8

No Audio on DVD using Tytool7r8

Recently I cut some SpongeBob episodes from my HDVR2 series 2 box and, in error, selected to transcode the audio at DVD 48@192. When I used DVD-Lab to create the DVD and tried to play with WinDVD there was no audio. Since I went to some amount of effort to create these "edited" episodes and make a nice menu for them, is there an easy way to "retranscode" the audio into something that will work on my DVD?

Thanks jdiner for a great tool!

CR

BeSweet will convert your MPA to AC3 audio. It is a command-line tool so I recommend picking up the BeSweet GUI to accompany it. You can download both at www.doom9.org. That being said, I can't imainge why WinDVD would not play the audio. The player should be displaying "MPEG" for the audio when it's playing. Since there are standalone players that do not support MPEG audio though, I always recommend using Dolby Digital AC3 format anyway. You can't go wrong.
    DVD Backup guides and TiVo to DVDR guide ----> HTTP://DVDGUIDES.TRILIGHT.NET

crazyrat, sometimes DVDlab do this, can you play the VOBs and make sure there is no audio there? If you have audio then you can go to Tools - IFO editor audio - and select mpeg audio 1 track, this will rewrite your IFOs that DVDlab created to make sure it point to the audio.

You should be able to load a .MPG or possibly a .VOB back into TyTool7r8. I think it recognizes those file extensions. Then you could just re-encode your audio, if in fact you really do have audio somewhere, and not just a blank audio bug or something strange.

Thanks for the replies folks. I tried reloading the MPG files back into TyTool and re-encoding them using no transcoding and still have the same problem..no audio.

When I pull the VOBs up in WinDVD, I get audio on the primary VOBs but on the menu's VOB there is no audio (of course).

Upon using Bato's suggestion, I went into IFO edit and clicked on the MPEG audio button and clicked OK. Went back into WinDVD and now there is audio. I'm burning to DVD now but I expect this to work.

Thanks guys!

CR