Page 51 of 51 FirstFirst ... 41495051

Thread: TyShow Windows Playback

I had the same problem registering the files in windows vista. I realized the the cmd to register the files started with C:\Windows\System32>regsvr32 Tysplitter.ax. The file was not located in the System32 folder. I opened a cmd prompt as administrator and changed to the directory. cd \folder\folder\Tyshow Beta 0.17. I then ran the regsrv32 cmd for both files. and it now works with WMP11. The only glitch now is WMP still nags about the .ty extension. I click "ok" and it runs.

I believe I got TySplitter and VsrvSrc to register, however I still cannot get anything to stream.
    In WMP I get: Runtime Error Program ...wmplayer.exe This application has requested the Runtime to terminate in an unusual way
    VLC I get: VLC is unable to open the MRL 'tivo://192.168.1.16/603547'

I have a feeling I am missing a step. Any help would be greatly appreciated. (annoyed cause I had a working a year ago, but now I have forgot how.)

I think I remember having the same problem and Vserver was not running on the Tivo. I started Tserver from Bash and it worked.

Quote Originally Posted by govee View Post
    I think I remember having the same problem and Vserver was not running on the Tivo. I started Tserver from Bash and it worked.
    Well it looks like Vserver wasn't running as I am now getting a different error. WMP encounters an error and closes. VLC does the same as before.

TivoWebPlus, NPL, asx

While working through trying to get TyShow working, I noticed that when using TivoWebPlus, going to the Now Playing List (NPL), and downloading an asx file, there might be a problem with the returned content (which consists of a tivo: URL). Firefox and IE both seemed to be hanging when trying to acquire the asx URL, so I retrieved it manually, and noticed that the content header included "Connection: close" but that the server doesn't actually drop the connection upon completion. I haven't checked the standards to see if this is /actually/ broken, but it certainly seems like it is begging for problems.

I've been successfully playing unscrambled .ty files on my PC for years, but recently when I upgraded to WMP 11, the .ty files are now crashing it. Oddly, I can still stream from my DTivo directly to my PC and it plays fine in WMP 11, but once I've extracted a file to my PC and try to play it in WMP, it crashes...

Any thoughts?
    Thanks.

Windows 7

Anyone have any success getting TyShow working with Windows 7?

Quote Originally Posted by pstgh View Post
    I've been successfully playing unscrambled .ty files on my PC for years, but recently when I upgraded to WMP 11, the .ty files are now crashing it. Oddly, I can still stream from my DTivo directly to my PC and it plays fine in WMP 11, but once I've extracted a file to my PC and try to play it in WMP, it crashes...

Any thoughts?
    Use Media Player Classic or VLC for playback. Both will work alongside WMP without a conflict.

What is VLC ? Thanks.

re: what is vlc?

Quote Originally Posted by mjk47 View Post
    Anyone have any success getting TyShow working with Windows 7?
    I'm using Windows 7 64bits and beta 17 is working fine for me.
    I did also try beta 18 but that didn't work.

What is beta 17 ? Can you please provide more detail on what you are talking about?