Thread: Removing xtra hard drive.

Removing xtra hard drive.

I have a t60 that has a 120 gbhd and a 15 gbhd in it, the 120 was the drive that was setup with 2.5.2 on it and I threw in the 15 cuz it was laying around. Now I wanna get rid of 15 and just keep 120, do I have to do an mfs- somehow?, or will it readjust itself if I just unplug drive?

I would not try just pulling the drive. I would imagine there are consequences to that though I've never tried it. Check the Hinsdale guide (you can get it at 9th Tee). Go to the section titled "If you are REPLACING YOUR EXISTING B DRIVE with the new larger upgrade drive" listed under "UPGRADE CONFIGURATION #4". This gives you instructions for copying info on your current B drive to a new drive and then marrying the new drive to the existing A drive.
    DVD Backup guides and TiVo to DVDR guide ----> HTTP://DVDGUIDES.TRILIGHT.NET

The drives are married. You need to create a divorced backup image, and then restore it back to the 120 only.
    SpongeBob is not a contraceptive - Bart S.
    A tabloid, is that one of those really strong mints? - Homer S.

Can you reinstall a divorced image on a drive smaller than the original capacity? I was always under the impression that you could always increase in size but you couldn't go the other way.
    Please don't PM me or any other members looking for personal assistance. You'll do better by posting (after you've exhausted the search feature, of course) and taking advantage of the collective expertise of the membership instead of a single individual that may or may not be able to help you. Thank you and enjoy your stay at DDB!

Originally posted by captain_video
    Can you reinstall a divorced image on a drive smaller than the original capacity? I was always under the impression that you could always increase in size but you couldn't go the other way.
    It only requires the actual space used, so unless his system is completely stuffed to the gills then he can restore to the 120 by itself. If not, he may have to delete a few shows first.
    SpongeBob is not a contraceptive - Bart S.
    A tabloid, is that one of those really strong mints? - Homer S.