Thread: mfslib.tcl is missing?

Question mfslib.tcl is missing?

I haven't popped into my HDVR2 in about 8 months, and I noticed something odd today.

My HDVR2 is missing mfslib.tcl (or at least it is not in /tvlib/tcl/tv/). Everything appears to working normally on the unit, and I have yet to notice any problems.

So, apparently I'm fine without it, but that brings up another interesting question. Other than a few scripts out there that use some of the functions in mfslib, is it required for anything else on a normal basis?

mfslib.tcl is missing?

Just a question. Is this the first time you are running a certain app or trying to get something working? Seems kind of strange that the file is missing from that directory.

MT

I haven't touched my HDVR2 in over 8 months (but it has been running and in use that whole time). Yes, it is strange. What's more strange is that my HDVR2 appears to be fine without it.

FWIW, the reason I went looking for mfslib.tcl is because I had done some customization to it in the past, and I wanted to see what changes I had made.

mfslib.tcl is missing?

You did customization to it, then you are copying it from your hack directory during boot or do you have a hacked prom. If not then this might be were the problem lies.

MT

I made some modifications to it 8 months ago, and to be honest, I cannot remember what I did. Nothing is being copied over during a reboot.

This HDVR2 does not have a hacked PROM, either.

My point is that there are no problems with normal operation without this file -- doesn't anyone else find this interesting?

I have mfslib.tcl for a 2.5 unit, but I am not sure if the same version of mfslib.tcl is still used for 3.1.U5.

Would someone please be so kind as to post/PM a md5sum of /tvlib/tcl/tv/mfslib.tcl to see if it matches?

(i.e. "md5sum /tvlib/tcl/tv/mfslib.tcl")

Thank you

from my 3.1.0 dsr7k using monte:
    Code:
    bash-2.02# md5sum /tvlib/tcl/tv/mfslib.tcl
    204eb809258d9d4ae2e78c8f7a56eda1  /tvlib/tcl/tv/mfslib.tcl
    ronny

OK, damn. The checksum for the mfslib.tcl I have is b05a7a2c1861fdee27d7cad6da7c6e01. Either this is a different version or has been modified.

(Again, this is from a 2.5.2 SAT-T60 system.)

I get the same info as ronnythunder

bash-2.02# md5sum /tvlib/tcl/tv/mfslib.tcl
    204eb809258d9d4ae2e78c8f7a56eda1 /tvlib/tcl/tv/mfslib.tcl

MT

Any chance that someone could attach the script for a 3.1.U5 unit?

Thanks

mfslib.tcl is missing?

I hope this helps.

MT

Thanks again -- I'm back up and running.