Thread: DirecTV rumored to drop Tivo??

DirecTV rumored to drop Tivo??

No basis of fact at all here, but an article I came across that might be of interest:

http://www.audiorevolution.com/news/0903/26.tivo.shtml

Originally posted by Fugg
    ...and yet another good one:
    DIRECTV's Eddy Hartenstein Join TiVo(R) Board of Directors
    Wow, a double whammy: TiVo is now run by the mass media (a.k.a. "The Man") and a guy named "Hartenstein". Kiss your commercial skip goodbye.

Originally posted by David Bought
    Wow, a double whammy: TiVo is now run by the mass media (a.k.a. "The Man") and a guy named "Hartenstein". Kiss your commercial skip goodbye.
    hehe!
    not my commercial skip!

Bound to happen sooner or later. All advertisement people paying top dollar to air commercials are complaing that every1 fastforwards their adds. Tivo gives them the ability to do it.
    Commercial skip!
    I know i don't watch adds anymore.
    Now if we could ff spam email and popups.

Pop-ups are a dead medium. Just use Mozilla (my choice), the Google toolbar, or any of a number of other 100% effective blockers. (The two I mentioned are free.)

Spam is a lot tougher. There's no 100% solution there, but lots of things to try. Mozilla mail is one, as long as you're already downloading it. ;-)

Originally posted by TheWickedPriest
    Pop-ups are a dead medium. Just use Mozilla (my choice), the Google toolbar, or any of a number of other 100% effective blockers. (The two I mentioned are free.)
    The Google Toolbar is spyware, why would you want to use it?
    SpongeBob is not a contraceptive - Bart S.
    A tabloid, is that one of those really strong mints? - Homer S.

Originally posted by BubbleLamp
    The Google Toolbar is spyware, why would you want to use it?
    It's not spyware, or at least no spyware organizations treat it as such. The only organization I know of that calls it spyware is "googlewatch", but that is primarily run by a bunch of rival search engines who can't make the same revenue that they used to ever since google changed the rules.

I don't use it myself though, primarily because it isn't compatible with firebird.
    Before PMing me: I’m not your personal tech support. If you have a question, ask in public so I don't have to repeat if somebody else asks. If you want images or slices, use emule. I will ignore all support PMs.

Sponsor a vegetarian! I have taken the pledge, how about you?

You can easily turn off the site tracking; I think it actually asked on install. Anyway, I don't use it either, because I use Mozilla; but I've installed it for other people who want or are required to stick with IE, and I turned off the tracking.