Thread: pitoudistro gone. where else to download?

17 pitoudistro gone. where else to download?

I finally motivated to try to upgrade my dsr6000 from 2.5 to 2.5.2, but it looks like pitoudistro has closed shop, and I can't find anyplace else to download the 2.5 to 2.5.2 upgrade. I'd rather not install 2.5.2 from scratch, since I'd like to keep my recordings. Can anyone kindly point me in the right direction?

Thanks,
    Yonsink

Step one: search button!
    Silly Wabbit, guides are for kids

Originally posted by mrblack51
    www.tivostuff.com
    I don't see the upgrade in their file section, just the full 162mb version. Am I not looking in the right place?

The description for that file says, "superzaps 3.1 tivolator Upgrade including xPlus." I'm still running an HU card, so I believe 3.1 upgrade is not for me, no?

Yonsink

Originally posted by Yonsink
    The description for that file says, "superzaps 3.1 tivolator Upgrade including xPlus." I'm still running an HU card, so I believe 3.1 upgrade is not for me, no?

Yonsink
    Actually the file name is slightly misleading. I'm pretty sure when you unzip it you'll find a folder called UPGRD252.
    SpongeBob is not a contraceptive - Bart S.
    A tabloid, is that one of those really strong mints? - Homer S.

Originally posted by BubbleLamp
    Actually the file name is slightly misleading. I'm pretty sure when you unzip it you'll find a folder called UPGRD252.
    Ah! Such trickery! Thanks for the info, and I'll let the tivostuff folks know that the description is misleading.

Thanks again!
    Yosnink

Ah! Such trickery! Thanks for the info, and I'll let the tivostuff folks know that the description is misleading.

Thanks again!
    Yosnink
    What would you prefer we call it?

Originally posted by JJBliss
    What would you prefer we call it?
    The filename's fine. I meant that their description, "superzaps 3.1 tivolator Upgrade including xPlusz," is incomplete. When I was searching their files section, I was just looking for "2.5.2" in the description.

Yonsink

The filename's fine. I meant that their description, "superzaps 3.1 tivolator Upgrade including xPlusz," is incomplete. When I was searching their files section, I was just looking for "2.5.2" in the description.

Yonsink
    Painfully long, detailed file descriptions are inappropriate for a download site.

Tivostuff is better then most in it's descriptions of the files it offers. If you need additional information on any specific file, forums just like dealdatabase are your best bet.

Most of the time, folks come here to find out what file they need, then get it from a location like tivostuff, not the other way around.

The xupgrade.zip is indeed a 3.1 upgrade which includes xPlusZ. It also included an upgrade from 2.5.1 to 2.5.2. It is NOT however, "tivolator" and will be changed to reflect that.

is there any other sites to go to now as it looks like tivostuff.com is down?

Quote Originally Posted by rage420
    is there any other sites to go to now as it looks like tivostuff.com is down?
    p2p is the most common source these days.
    Step one: search button!
    Silly Wabbit, guides are for kids

Quote Originally Posted by mrblack51
    p2p is the most common source these days.
    ok thanks

btw

which you do you recommend?