Thread: 802.11g AirNet??

802.11g AirNet??

Does anyone know if it is possible to use an 802.11g wireless adapter on a DirecTivo??

I would assume it is possible utilising the AirNet module as long as someone could compile a driver for the Tivo?? But, has anyone out there actually done that?

Yes but you would have to know the chipset of the card you want to use. Also the maker of that chip would have to supply a driver to compile (read not all wireless makers do). Your best bet would be to get a card that does have a linux driver.

You could plug an 802.11g bridge into the TurboNet
    Scott

SAT-T60 Ver 3.5

Originally posted by osetivo
    You could plug an 802.11g bridge into the TurboNet
    Ah, but could you go the other way? I'm using a 802.11b airnet, and didn't realize how slow it would be - or didn't realize how big everyfile you'd want to pull off a Tivo would be

So now that I've got the Airnet adapter + wifi card, could I use a wired ethernet adapter- more specifically has anyone written drivers for a particular wired pcmcia adapter for the tivo?
    Philips DSR6000 242 hour w/2.5.2, Airnet WiFi NIC
    Hughes GXCEBOT-D 146 hour, 2.5.2

Just get the TurboNet adapter and something like the Linksys WET54G. It's unlikely that someone will write a new driver for the airnet card to support a 10/100 card. That's not an easy task and not worth the time since we have TurboNet already available.