Thread: Help with MFS_FTP

Help with MFS_FTP

I will not deny that I am a complete noob when it comes to this stuff. I have a HDVR2 with all of the basic hacks. I want to install MFS_FTP so that I can extract .ty files. However, I am having a hell of a time finding out how to do this with a series 2 tivo.

I read 10 pages of one thread and then it refers to another thread and so forth. My head is about to explode. I have no problem reading and playing around with the stuff but I come across files here and files there and I have no idea where to begin.

thanks,

Chris

MFS_FTP is cool but it is more difficult to install and use than TyTool. I get faster transfer with TyTool anyway. With TyTool, all you need to do is transfer over the "tserver_mfs" and the "NowShowing" files to the TiVo. Put them in their own directory to make it easier to find. Then, run "chmod +x *" in that directory and you're done. When you need to use it, you run the tserver on the TiVo and start the TyTool client on your system you're extracting to in order to connect. This should sound simple enough. If it does not, I assure you, setting up MFS_FTP is going to be even harder for you to get working.
    DVD Backup guides and TiVo to DVDR guide ----> HTTP://DVDGUIDES.TRILIGHT.NET

just for the record...

the mfs_ftp thread

comparing tytool & mfs_ftp is comparing apples & oranges.

tytool's function is to convert ty into mpeg - extract is convenience but not the main event

mfs_ftp's function is to archive & restore recordings - no conversion, just transfer (there are serveral convert-during-extract options but they're not distributed with the deamon - think tivoweb modules)
    ---
    Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat all day and drink beer

After reading through hundreds of responses, I finally got mfs_ftp up and running.

thanks,

Chris
    www.stangit.com