Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Using SA images on dtivos (was: Omfg Omfg Omfg Gone In To Shock)

i got bored restored a sas2 4.0 backup to a 40 gig drive i found in my closet shoved it in my dsr7000 AND IT WORKS PERFECTLY!!!!! only errors are what you would have anyway and the lineup needs to be loaded but it has all the dss menus hell it even has the aquiruing sat screen its uber awesome
    Last edited by Scotty79; 11-05-2003 at 09:18 AM.
    New but not a %^&%$ noob

I'm confused. What works and what doesn't work?

update after a clear all every single thing works working on beating the hmo option into submission
    New but not a %^&%$ noob

I'm still confused. How does the SA software have the code necessary for the Directv functions? PPV ordering, dual tuners, conditional access (P4 card)?

Originally posted by newbie
    I'm still confused. How does the SA software have the code necessary for the Directv functions? PPV ordering, dual tuners, conditional access (P4 card)?
    It's called /tvbin/dssapp.

Originally posted by David Bought
    It's called /tvbin/dssapp.
    That's fine but I am confused as to why that would be included with the SA software. It would certainly be amazing if one of the "Tivo Gods" can find a way to combine DTivo and SA software.

this has been done with SA units as well. rc3105 got his SA running a copy of 2.5.2 a while back, which was released only for the dtivo. *IF* the unit is fully functioning and *IF* the 4.0 on the dsr7000 supported HMO, then this might be meaningful. otherwise, its pretty much useless

oh, and there is no 'combining' that would need to take place, unless the sa didn't include necessary files or somehting
    Step one: search button!
    Silly Wabbit, guides are for kids

it is now fully functional includeing hmo
    New but not a %^&%$ noob

Originally posted by Scotty79
    it is now fully functional includeing hmo

including HMO???
    What exactly does that mean? What have you gotten it to do with HMO?

And you're getting guide data through the stream? And your DVR tier is active, and it all works dandy?

all of the above mr bliss dude it gets the guide from the stream dualtuner you can order payperview and even the tivoguy is back ive gotten mp3s working and photos plus it auto sets up my ethernet
    New but not a %^&%$ noob

how exactly did you subscribe to hmo? that feature costs extra, and somewhere along the line, some money has to go to tivo.

sorry, but your story is a little hard to believe at this point without some additional proof.

ronny

Originally posted by ronnythunder
    how exactly did you subscribe to hmo? that feature costs extra, and somewhere along the line, some money has to go to tivo.

ronny
    I'm guessing he had the HMO option installed on the backup image from his standalone Series 2 that he restored to the 40GB hd that he put into his DSR7000 Series 1 DTiVo.

Scotty79... can you confirm this and give us all a little more info. If all of what you're saying is true, then I know there are quite a few people in this forum that would be very interested in what you have stumbled onto. Please post up more info if you can.

Thanks,
    Migs

BTW, the DSR7000 is a Series 2. Well, officially, they won't call it that; but it's sure as heck not a Series 1. :-) MIPS vs. PPC and all that.

ok to clarify the option for hmo is there but needs a subsrcription i'm trying to get figure something out for that what does work is tivo based ethernet config Mine worked right away kinda made my week long ethernet setup look like shite it has sort ability and all the fancy smancy stuff of 4.0 plus the stability of the newer kernel suprisingly to me it all worked i'm currently working on a way to combine it with some of the standard dss image to possibly keep recording etc it does recieve guide data from the dss stream and when it does make its usual tivo phone calls for whatever it goes over ethernet all feature of the directivo are there 100% dual tuners music choice payperview and so on if someone can provide an ftp i'll post an image i made from my dsr7000 drive that ran perfectly dss stuff to save you the 3 bloody hour restore i went through to get the dss line up in place sorry for any confusion i do not have hmo subscription but maybe we can find a way to hook into the hmo software and call them remotely ok i'm done now *takes a deep breath* oh btw the best part is the tivo guy intro is back and it has all the tivo logos i learned to love on my s1sa (that was a hell of a runon sentence wouldn't ya say must repair the . key hey would you look at that it works....)
    New but not a %^&%$ noob

Scotty79... please let us know if you find an FTP site to post your image on and post the link in this thread.

Thanks