Page 92 of 103 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102 ... LastLast
Results 1,366 to 1,380 of 1532

Thread: TyTool Alpha #8r3, VSplit beta #3.41, DVD output...

Quote Originally Posted by malfunct
    The issue is almost certainly the fact that option 5 is putting mpeg layer II audio into your dvd. This is not "standard" for NTSC dvd's but most players play it fine.

First thing I'd check is that if you are using a digital audio output from the dvd player that you are not passing the raw bitstream to your stereo and instead are decoding it in the dvd player. My stereo was unable to process the mpeg layer II audio.
    Thank you very much malfunct - you were exactly right.

My DVD player (Gateway Connected DVD player) allows you to change the type of digital signal for several types of streams. The options are Bitstream, PCM and Off. You can change these settings for the following stream types: Dolby Digital, DTS, MP3, CD on the main screen and on a second screen: LPCM and Others.

What fixed is was changing Others from Bitstream to PCM. Hopefully this helps others with similar problems in the future.
    2 SA-Series 1 TiVos
    Gateway Connected DVD
    Roll Your Own Canadian Guide Data

Quote Originally Posted by jdiner
    As near as I can tell GPL doesn't work that way. That is why so many people don't like the rather common switch from LGPL to GPL. If you do anything with GPL'ed code they like to claim that you have to release everything.

Who knows what the real law is. So I steer very clear of it all now.

--jdiner
    Maybe I didn't understand what he is talking about the next release. Never mind.

Raise volume?

Using TyTools, is there an option to increase the volume? The DVDs seem to come out rather quiet.
    Dave
    -----------------------------
    Life's a reach, then you gybe
    Hacks -SA 2 PROM, telnet, ftpd, tivoweb, tserver, mfs_ftp, & extraction
    SA2.5 PROM - telnet, ftpd, tserver (waiting for a tivoapp patch)

Quote Originally Posted by MudShark
    Using TyTools, is there an option to increase the volume? The DVDs seem to come out rather quiet.
    If I remember correctly thats an issue that is being addressed in a future release. J knows whats wrong but has been working on other things at the moment, so I guess all I can say is give it time.

If you really want, you can demux, pump the audio through BeSweet then remux with bbMPEG. I don't do this and can't guarantee you'll like the results, however.
    Collecting 9/11, Afghan/Iraq, Mail Call, Trains, Cooking, Woodworking, Fighting Illini - Let's chat
    A/V links: neuron2 doom9 VideoHelp DigitalMediaNet CreativeCow DVDShrink PgcEdit Streambox WMRecorder
    other links: SnapFiles NoNags HackADay Engadget Fontleech OfflineExplorerPro TechBargains PriceWatch

Question newbie question

I've read alot about tytool and tystudio and I wated to know if I could run both on a tivo S1? A freind of mine has traded with my S2 for his S1 so that I can extract some shows. He has tystudio set up and working on it but I would like to try tytools:
    1) can I install it with out damaging th tystudio set up?
    2) how would it affect the machine? willit slow it down or make it crash?

Quote Originally Posted by electrocit
    I've read alot about tytool and tystudio and I wated to know if I could run both on a tivo S1? A freind of mine has traded with my S2 for his S1 so that I can extract some shows. He has tystudio set up and working on it but I would like to try tytools:
    1) can I install it with out damaging th tystudio set up?
    2) how would it affect the machine? willit slow it down or make it crash?
    There shouldn't be any issues between the two, the only thing you might have to do is stop the server for tystudio before you start the server for tytools.

I asked this before, but it seems I posted in the middle of a flamewar, and it got drowned out. Hate to do it, but I'd like to ask again:

Quote Originally Posted by DeathLemur
    Here's something that I've had a question about for a while. I'll extract a .ty file, make the .key file, create the .cut file, and then create the multiplexed .mpg file from that. The problem is that the final .mpg file still thinks that its the time length of the original .ty file.

So far, I've just been using the Merge & Cut tool in TMPGEnc to manually set the end point of the file and rebuilding it. Is there any better way of doing this?

31 Thanks

There shouldn't be any issues between the two, the only thing you might have to do is stop the server for tystudio before you start the server for tytools.
    Thanks for the info.

you don't even have to do that - they peacefully coexist; it's only us users that are doing the "war thing"

ronny

Setup/User Documentation?

Maybe I'm missing something, but I have downloaded the zip file and can't find any setup/user documentation. There are realese notes, but nothing designed fo the uninitiated. A pointer would be much appreciated!

Thanks.

Andy Ostrom

Read the sticky in this forum titled, "Where are the files?"

Hey, snoopy, perhaps that title should be modified a little to it's more obvious to newbies.
    Collecting 9/11, Afghan/Iraq, Mail Call, Trains, Cooking, Woodworking, Fighting Illini - Let's chat
    A/V links: neuron2 doom9 VideoHelp DigitalMediaNet CreativeCow DVDShrink PgcEdit Streambox WMRecorder
    other links: SnapFiles NoNags HackADay Engadget Fontleech OfflineExplorerPro TechBargains PriceWatch

missing audio header

First off, great tool! Have made a few DVD's already.

Question, I'm getting an error on one of my ty files "Error. We did not find an embedded audio header! " My google searches have turned up zilch. Was this file recorded in an unsupported format (Dolby 5.1) or is it something I'm doing incorectly?

TIA

Didjit

Hey, Josh,

Can you start a second sticky thread for "newbie help" when the next tytool release happens?

I'll certainly answer questions for people and probably quite a few other people would as well. It might make the "main" thread more focussed on advanced issues, bug reports and the like.

Quote Originally Posted by didjit
    First off, great tool! Have made a few DVD's already.

Question, I'm getting an error on one of my ty files "Error. We did not find an embedded audio header! " My google searches have turned up zilch. Was this file recorded in an unsupported format (Dolby 5.1) or is it something I'm doing incorectly?

TIA

Didjit
    IIRC this is a ty file that needs to have its head cut off. Try skipping the first chunk or two when you extract or use tyfilesplitter to cut off the beginning. Another thing to try is use a program that examines the audio portion and reports where the changes are. Search for a audio check program by jdiner.

ew