Page 1 of 103 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: TyTool Alpha #8r3, VSplit beta #3.41, DVD output...

TyTool Alpha #8, VSplit beta #3.4, DVD output...

Alright. The rules in this thread are the same as the last one for my tools. A great many things have been updated recently. But best to start with a charter for this thread.

Just like before these are rules for this thread, not the forum. If you want to discuss things deemed off limits here make your own threads and set your own rules. But if you decide to participate here then please follow the guidelines.

So the rules for this thread are:

1- NO FLAMES AND NO ARGUMENTS... I am through trying to be nice on this as it just plain does not work. I will without reservation delete anything that shows up here that could be considered either of the above. Enough is enough.

2- It has become clear that we have 2 distinct camps with zealots in both. Fine. Use my stuff. Use Olaf's. I couldn't care less. Many of us got dragged into a war we didn't know we were supposed to be involved in... So a new rule. We discuss ONLY my own tools here... Leave the rest in their own threads! This is not intended to be an attack but rather to stop them. You don't like me. Fine. You don't like my tools fine. You don't like those that use them. You're an ***** but fine for hating people you have never ever met so just go somewhere else.

3- NO ADVERTISING FOR OTHER TOOLS. Again this thread is again about Vsplit/TyTool. If you have something cool to use in place of or even with them the take it to a different thread. Any post by anyone about "you really should use X instead..." is gone the moment I or some of other mods see it.

This is still an open forum. Create your own thread and have at it. But such posts are entirely unwelcome here.

4- Feel free to discuss various OS/wishes/desires/etc.... At some point we should support as much as is possible.

5- Feel free to ask for features but be aware that I am making no promises except to work on things in general... I mean it. Ask. But don't hound me or anyone else, that accomplishes nothing. If you think of something that would be cool let me know. I will add it to the list.

6- I suppose I should say it... I reserve the right to disappear at any time. Just like you do. When life interferes hobbies get put on hold. Having said that it will be obvious when you look at the new toolset that I have been putting in a great deal of time on it. Hope that it helps every do what they want to with their Tivos...

7- Keep DVDLab, tmpgenc et all to a dull roar in here please. It might be better say that we are now 3 camps. TyTool, TyStudio, and TyTool with the output being used elsewhere. I don't mind the occasional this works with DVDLab/Tmpgenc etc... in reference to a problem someone asks about. But in the last while it has felt like we had dropped to advertising again. Please don't do that. There are a number of very good DVDLab threads here on the forum to do that kind of thing etc...

--jdiner

Release: TyTool8r3/Vsplit3.41 beta 1 with DVD support...

TyTool 8r3 with DVD Support. The attachment has the full version of the tooset in it. All DVD extras and tserver versions are found within it.

This version is a major upgrade from the 7 series of TyTool and a few minor fixes from 8r2.

8r3 changes:
    1- The multi-file splitter option was re-enabled.

2- TMF files are now directly supported. No more need to untar them to try and use them in TyTool/VSplit.

3- The SVCD mux option failing in split mux'ing has been solved. A commented line crept in at some point and has been removed.

The release notes were way to big to post out here. You will have to read the doc file from inside the zip. This 8 series releases comprises over 100 elements from my Todo list. As a result there might be some growing pains in the next few days. Things check out here but they have in the past as well.

This also version features more general bug fixes. There are more of these to come but I wanted to get the new features out rather than keep waiting on things.

As always check the release notes found inside the .zip for a detailed list of what has changed.

8r2 changes:
    1- Fix of the NowShowing sorting code.
    2- Fix of the lockup in the GopEditor when you try to time just past the end. (It just never occured to me to even try doing that, I always use ctrl-end when I know it goes to the end.)

--jdiner
    Last edited by jdiner; 10-19-2003 at 06:34 PM.

TyTool 8r3 No DVD...

TyTool 8r3 with NO DVD Support. The attachment has the TyTool/VSplit only version of the tooset in it. All DVD extras have ben removed. Both the mips and the PowerPC tserver versions are found within it.

This version is a major upgrade from the 7 series of TyTool. GopEditor has been full reworked. TyTool has many more options dealing with DVD menus etc..

The release notes were way to big to post out here. You will have to read the doc file from inside the zip. This release comprises over 100 elements from my Todo list. As a result there might be some growing pains in the next few days. Things check out here but they have in the past as well.

This also version features more general bug fixes. There are more of these to come but I wanted to get the new features out rather than keep waiting on things.

As always check the release notes found inside the .zip for a detailed list of what has changed.

--jdiner
    Last edited by jdiner; 10-19-2003 at 06:35 PM.

The TyTool/Vsplit unix tools...

These aren't here yet. Just a place hold for future releases.

--jdiner

From HuMan321:

WooHoo...

First to download

Thanks so much Josh!

I know what I will be doing this weekend.
    I have saved quite a few files for this release

NOTE: Sorry. i want the file posts at the top of this thread. No moe searching like last time. --jdiner

From cojonesdetoro:

Thanks a bunch. I thought version 7 was great as it stood but I can't wait to check this out.

Anytime I try to use the sort feature, the client crashes. I'm on WinXP Professional SP1 and TiVo 2.5.2. Any ideas?
    DVD Backup guides and TiVo to DVDR guide ----> HTTP://DVDGUIDES.TRILIGHT.NET

Thanks again jdiner...Can't get sort function to work??

jdiner,

Thanks again for your awsome tools. I just seem to be havin a problem with the new 'group by" feature under the view menu. It seems like my winxp box gives and error:

TyTool8r1.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

details:

error signature

AppName: tytool8r1.exe AppVer: 0.0.0.0 ModName: tytool8r1.exe
    ModVer: 0.0.0.0 Offset: 0000d96f

Maybe it is just on my side. I populate the now showing list and then click on view and then "group by" whatever and I get the above error.

I'm not complaining, just making you aware of what's happening on my side.

Thanks again for all you do for the community.

tictoc2

Originally posted by TRILIGHT
    Anytime I try to use the sort feature, the client crashes. I'm on WinXP Professional SP1 and TiVo 2.5.2. Any ideas?
    I use them all the time with no problems. But I develope on Win2k.

That is it, new rule, no one is allowed to use XP anymore.

--jdiner

TRILIGHT...you beat me to it!!

If I would have typed a little faster....

Originally posted by jdiner
    That is it, new rule, no one is allowed to use XP anymore.
    I sure hope that's a joke, dude! hehe There's no way in hell I would ever go back, especially on the laptop.

Why take Xp over 2K?

--jdiner

Originally posted by jdiner
    Why take Xp over 2K?
    Overall stability and compatability are better on my laptop. Hibernation actually works as it should now and battery power remaining is reported more accurately. I could go on but I don't want to get your thread off topic. So were you not joking before? Are more recent versions of Windows not going to be supported going forward?

NO I was kidding about no more XP support. I just hate XP. Slower, for me way less stable than 2k, and buggy beyond belief when it comes to the programming side.

I have XP Pro w/Sp1 installed here at home. I just ran the same tests as I have used before and the sort by features work perfectly. Welcome to XP.

I don't know how to solve what I can reproduce.

How many streams are on the tivo. Refresh works but choosing any of the sort options sizes? Or just 1 in particular?

--jdiner

And here I was hoping people would be impressed with the new features.

So outside of the sorting what else doesn't work on XP?

--jdiner