Page 52 of 103 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102 ... LastLast

Thread: TyTool Alpha #8r3, VSplit beta #3.41, DVD output...

man, videojedi, you have way more patience than me. i tried this once over pcanywhere, and the propagation delay was so bad, i gave up.

what i do is do all of the gopeditor stuff when i'm local, but save the vob generation until later. it's trivial to kick off the vob generation remotely, and your machine can crunch on it while you're gone.

ronny

Originally posted by ronnythunder
    man, videojedi, you have way more patience than me. i tried this once over pcanywhere, and the propagation delay was so bad, i gave up.

what i do is do all of the gopeditor stuff when i'm local, but save the vob generation until later. it's trivial to kick off the vob generation remotely, and your machine can crunch on it while you're gone.

ronny
    Oh that's ordinarily what I do. I only do the remote editing procedure when something records in the morning on the TiVo while I am away and 'friends' want it as avi by the afternoon (like the early show friday morning featuring the latest survivor castoff). It's painful to edit remotely, but it is possible. I only do it with very short clips. It would be damn near impossible to remotely edit multiple sets of commercials within an hour show. You'd have to be crazy to attempt that.

Originally posted by jdiner
    Yeah. A menu-less auto-play auto-step DVD option is in the works.
    For making DVDs for small children and movie only DVDs fast it will be nice to have a VOB-mux Network Option (like the multiplex one) so you can take those VOBs and create a DVD without menu. It will be cool if the movies/show play one after the other without user intervention.

Re: Frame Accurate Editing question

Originally posted by bettervideo
    In an earlier post about frame accurate editing, it was
    mentioned that there was a YUV -> RGB translation before
    the editing, and a RGB -> YUV translation after the edit.
    This transform is done only for the display. Not for the edit. Come on read what was written.

It stays in YUV.

I am specifically not changing the main edit mode on purpose. So that the standard edit process will work as it always did. The frame accurate is an add-on. This make the flow a little less "fluid" than it might be, but the speed and ease of the previous versions are maintained.

Further the frame accurate stuff is a re-compression of only certain key elements. Not of the entire stream. Re-encoding the entire stream is slow, majorly lossy, and clearly visible in the end result.

--jdiner

Originally posted by VideoJedi
    Since I am unable to setup a remote encode on that machine because the audio is not accessible through my terminal window (I can encode, but the end result will be no audio in the video)..
    Huh?!?!

That doesn't make any sense.

How to attach a VOB?

A little help requested here...

I can't figure out how to attach a 2nd VOB (to the same menu item, effectively stringing the two together).

Lots of different tries...has anyone done this?

Thanks (and happy T-day),

- Stu

Re: How to attach a VOB?

Originally posted by hancocks

I can't figure out how to attach a 2nd VOB (to the same menu item, effectively stringing the two together).

Thanks (and happy T-day),

- Stu
    Once you are in the gopeditor look at the menu options on top and you will find an option to add the second vob.

Originally posted by bato
    For making DVDs for small children and movie only DVDs fast it will be nice to have a VOB-mux Network Option (like the multiplex one) so you can take those VOBs and create a DVD without menu. It will be cool if the movies/show play one after the other without user intervention.
    OK, Josh I'll fess up here: when I prattled about the cool DVD Author menu nav stuff you could set up, this was pretty much why: to make DVDs for the kids.

Could you include (in that option you are building) the ability to make the DVD with a play all / random feature?

I think you can do that at the PGC level, provided there are no pre or post commands. I think it is just a modifier, but I'm not seeing it in the "documentation" of DVD Author..... hmmm.

Anyone know where the "forum" for DVDAuthor lives?

Re: How to attach a VOB?

Originally posted by hancocks

Yes, I have done it a number of times.

1- Select the menu item. So that it "fills" the expansion area at the bottom of the GopEditor window.

2- From the menu pick "Attach VOB", not add 2 seperate processes.

3- Select the vob you want.

4- Hit "set item" at the bottom of the GUI to make the changes permanent.

That is it.

--jdiner

Originally posted by gobsmack
    I think you can do that at the PGC level, provided there are no pre or post commands. I think it is just a modifier, but I'm not seeing it in the "documentation" of DVD Author..... hmmm.

Anyone know where the "forum" for DVDAuthor lives?
    dvdauthor.sourceforge.net

But it is a mailling list not a forum. Harder to search etc...

As far as I know nothing has been added yet to support play-all or random features. But the best idea is to get on and ask Scott Smith the author of that fine tool.

--jdiner

merging VOBs, continued...

Josh et al,

Thanks for the prompt reply on merging VOBS -- never saw it before because I did not try to do it through the GOPEditor -- went straight to the IFOBuilder.

As a side note: why would one ever want to join more than two? Several reasons I can think of: 1) if one is trying to use your authoring tools to re-do an existing show or movie which is more than 2GB (i.e., three or more VOBs). That was my aim here.

Thanks,

- Stu

Okay, maybe I'm retarded, but . . .

I installed the mips version and it works fine. So I installed it on an identical unit, and it runs, but I cannot get the list.

I also installed the regular PPC version on an S1 and it wont give me the list either.

What did I forget between the first install and the other two?

Dennis

WebMaster
    TivoStuff.com

It's almost impossible to answer that question because the primary question is where there actions you konw to do but didn't? There's no harm in repeating the file transfer and enabling via chmod again so why not go through the steps again?

No good.

I still get the same thing:

SERVER: We got a message! buf = 'SHOWING'
    Waiting for an incomming connection!

D

No, this is significantly more information than your earlier post. Given this problem is with a S1 AND a S2, you've got client-side problems. The odds of something being wrong with both installations of different code is almost non-existant. Obviously, the command to request the list of stored programs is being sent and received but you're not properly connecting to receive the data from the servers.
    Last edited by FredThompson; 11-28-2003 at 05:21 AM.