Page 3 of 103 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: TyTool Alpha #8r3, VSplit beta #3.41, DVD output...

I have noticed a problem.

Not a big one, I can work around it.

It seems that after using play and then stop in the
    gop editor, the arrow keys move much more slowly
    forward and back. Then, by the time I get to the
    end of an episode, the gop editor locks up and the
    hour glass icon appears.

Maybe that is because I hit the right arrow when I was already at the end of the stream or something.

I have to kill the job and then re-do the cuts.

Does anyone else exprerience this?

TicToc2, I was just joking about applying fixes to break
    my system. I will probably apply them soon anyway though,
    I am trying to keep up this time.

Nevermind.
    I am an *****.

It seems that the playback speed is also tied to the speed with which the arrows move through the stream.

I had slowed the playback down and then tried to use the arrows, so that is why my perfomance was sluggish.

I do still have the lockup of gop editor problem on occasion though.

Originally posted by cullen_simpson
    Nevermind.
    I am an *****.

It seems that the playback speed is also tied to the speed with which the arrows move through the stream.
    Yes as mentioned in the docs I slaved over. So does anyone actually read that stuff?

I do still have the lockup of gop editor problem on occasion though.
    Explain to me what you were doing. I have used it pretty solidly recently with no problems at all. I haven't seen a single lockup.

What specifically are you doing when it locks up. What modes have you turned on? The more you can tell me the better chance I can fix whatever is wrong.

--jdiner

Originally posted by jdiner
    Yes as mentioned in the docs I slaved over. So does anyone actually read that stuff?
    I do. And I appreciate the documentation. Thanks!

Originally posted by jdiner

Explain to me what you were doing. I have used it pretty solidly recently with no problems at all. I haven't seen a single lockup.

What specifically are you doing when it locks up. What modes have you turned on? The more you can tell me the better chance I can fix whatever is wrong.

--jdiner
    Simply using the gop editor.
    I think every time it happened, I had tried a playback without cuts and then stopped the playback to continue finding commercials.

I was using the arrows to navigate rather than the mouse and slider bar.

If no one else mentions the problem then let it lie.
    I will do some more and see if it happens again. Maybe they were just weird .ty files.

Also, I did "read over" the docs, I just could not wait to get
    my hands on the stuff, so I did not read them fully. You wrote so
    much, you can't expect us to hold off can you? That is like
    waiting until after breakfast to open your Christmas presents.
    Last edited by cullen_simpson; 10-17-2003 at 08:17 PM.

Jdiner:

a VERY small issue that I had mentioned before maybe someone else has a answer on this issue. (And I DONT expect you to attempt to fix it) Does anyone else run tytools via a terminal server?

I quite often do some batches and work with Terminal server on a windows 2000 Advanced server box. Everything works properly EXCEPT for the when you hit the create IFO (The VERY last Create IFO) it closes out the tytools box. and you are back to haveing to reopen thee tytools box. You actually can NOT do this unless you are at the console of the box.

If I am at the console it works fine..

Thanks one more time.

I just tested Tytool8r1 with mpg files created from "other" pvr, and it works great (if you don't mux the elementals with mpeg2vcr).

Are you planning to let users from other mpeg2 to use your tools?

I'm asking this because the GUI show a lot Tivo-only information (address, Now Playing, TyStream mode, etc.), that will confuse users that only want a great/fast way to cut mpeg2 files.

I know some people that will love your tool but don't use a Tivo.

Originally posted by Stephen
    I quite often do some batches and work with Terminal server on a windows 2000 Advanced server box. Everything works properly EXCEPT for the when you hit the create IFO (The VERY last Create IFO) it closes out the tytools box. and you are back to haveing to reopen thee tytools box. You actually can NOT do this unless you are at the console of the box.

I don't have a setup where I can even test it. I have no idea what is kicking it out or to be honest how terminal server even runs. I have run it via PCAnyhwere and it works fine. But not terminal server.

The Make IFO process opens a number of dos shell only programs in a row but I can't believe that is what is killing it. I have no hope of fix it without being able to test and I don't have the OS or setup to even try.

--jdiner

sorting errors in TyTool 8r1

GREAT NEW IDEA,
    Below is a snapshot of the errors with as much info as I could manage to get.

What I don't understand is that it is a frelling bubblesort. I even removed the 2 standard modifications. (no changes and you stop, and since the last is always good you can short by one on each loop.) Too top it off a bubble sort is about 5 lines of code.

It works here everytime. I have never ever had a since crash on it.

So what could XP possibly be screwing up?

--jdiner

Josh,

Great work ...again!!!

MY machine locks up on sort also. Here is some input as to what I have and am running in case it yields a clue

Windows XP Service Pack 1 ...All critical updates
    Tivo is at 2.52
    Sony T60
    2 120 gig drives
    112 recordings in the now playing list
    Tytools at default settings

Tivo was recording while I tried the sort.
    I will try again after the recording is finished

Everything else I have tried so far works great.
    Thanks again
    Last edited by HuMan321; 10-18-2003 at 01:07 AM.

Originally posted by Stephen
    Jdiner:

a VERY small issue that I had mentioned before maybe someone else has a answer on this issue. (And I DONT expect you to attempt to fix it) Does anyone else run tytools via a terminal server?

I use to run TS all the time (actually via an Aero 8000 Compaq WinCE )with TyTool, but not since I brought a laptop ho me to do some real work with it next to my recliner. I Never use TyTool to author DVD titlesets, I'm spoiled with DVDLab. I can run a few tests later this week end to see if I can duplicate.
    ~Hi8

(4) Hughes SD DVR40
    (1) Hughes HR10-250
    (2) xbmc XBOX X2 & xbit

One more thought. Someone for whom the sorts are crashing please do the following:

1- Wipe out the c:\nowshowing.txt file
    2- run tytool and refresh it just once.
    3- Close tytool without crashing. i.e. don;t touch the sorts.
    4- Zip up the new smaller c:\nowshowing.txt file.
    5- Post said zip here for me to look at.
    6- Wait patiently while I fight yet again with XP the bane of my existence.

--jdiner

Here You go Josh
    Zipped up NowShowing.txt

Ummm. You forgot to attach it.

--jdiner