Page 43 of 103 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393 ... LastLast

Thread: TyTool Alpha #8r3, VSplit beta #3.41, DVD output...

It should work.

I have used it a few times. Others use it all the time.

The choppiness has always in the past been caused by the audio being the wrong data rate. I would assume that is still the case.

My advice make sure the audio transcoding realy is on. The verify that it took place. Load the output up into PowerDVD/WinDVD/etc... and check what data rate it is really supposed to be.

If it is still choppy then I would bet that something is going wrong somewhere and it is not actually happening. Missing dll? Lost setting? Something like that.

--jdiner

I had wanted to release the new GopEditor/TyTool programs this weekend.

In the proposed release TyTool would not actually do the frame accurate cutting. This would be a way to make the new format key files and then edit them in the new GopEditor.

However I have spent way more time than planned cleaning things up. So many things I hadn't even thought of until I started testing things out. These things aren't that hard but man there were a freaking ton of them.

As it stands now the GopEditor is at long last finished. Frame accurate cutting is in place, being able to play GOPs is in place, saves the new format of .cut files, etc...

Oh crap. Just realized that I forgot loading of the new format of Cut files. Gotta go back and fix that.

Barring this one things, I have moved my efforts back to TyTool.

So your call. Do people want to see the new editor while I work on the next batch of things? Or would you rather wait for it all at one time?

--jdiner

If you're at a good milestone (even if it's a small one, so long as things are stable-ish), releasing it means you get a lot of beta (alpha? ) testers for the new stuff.

Yeah, but it sounds like an incomplete package so wouldn't he really get people complaining, "this doesn't work."?

Audio Choppy

Josh:

I have all confidence in it. I even looked at the tytool.ini and it said option 5 for the trandscoding bit. That's what I had it at all along. I saw it and read it many times as it was linking it on the page (the readme's)

So, with all the posts about Nero 5.5.10.7 that you have, I even downloaded a copy of that. That did make a DVD but it would only play in windvd, not even mplayer, nor my DVD player in my home theatre system.

So, I had a copy of DVD workshop, and just went to the finish option and choose the burn from video folder, and did that. Finally a DVD.

One thing that I want to point out. every ty that i brought from the SA tivo, had PTS errors at the beginning, that's why I had to tychopp the first 20-50 chunks (this was easy, just set the record a little earlier, and played the VCR later.

I did some more searaching and went in to change the resolution for the tivo at basic quality. Changed it to 0 - and bygolly mplayer played the stream at 720x480! However, still had to tychopp the first few chunks to make it recognize and do anything correctly.

Correctly I mean that the audio wasn't choppy in anything that I tried, the VOB before making the IFO's or such.

I even had a copy of DVD-lab, but that audio transcoder on there speeds up the audio and so you start hearing the audio of the middle of the movie at the start menu option. (Yes, I was pulling all straws at almost midnight last night).

MAV

Originally posted by jdiner
    As it stands now the GopEditor is at long last finished. Frame accurate cutting is in place, being able to play GOPs is in place, saves the new format of .cut files, etc...
    Barring this one things, I have moved my efforts back to TyTool.

So your call. Do people want to see the new editor while I work on the next batch of things? Or would you rather wait for it all at one time?

--jdiner
    If it's in a state where you can release it without having to spend a lot of time "completing it" for release, release away!

If you have to spend some time preparing it for an interim release, then I'd rather you spend the time working on a final release.

ie.- Don't take the time away from the tytool work to spend extra time on an interim release.

Did that make sense??

but, as always,

Doing what YOU want to do is infinitely more important!!

[
    Last edited by Fugg; 11-17-2003 at 03:36 PM.

Re: Audio Choppy

Originally posted by mavrcksd

One thing that I want to point out. every ty that i brought from the SA tivo, had PTS errors at the beginning, that's why I had to tychopp the first 20-50 chunks (this was easy, just set the record a little earlier, and played the VCR later.
    Hummm. I don't know. There might be something wrong with the parsing of SATivo streams now. But I know of several others on here that use it and I would be less inclined to think that it was going on.

However I just thought of a way to handle that without too much trouble. Actually I should have been doing that kind of thing all along. hehehe. Funny how answers to old problems just sort of popup now and again. Wild.

Anyway, if you could cut the start of one of these problem streams with TyFileSplit for me I would appriciate it. I would like to see what is going on.

--jdiner

be happy to

I'll do that tonight when I get home

Danke Schoen

Hummm. Found another things that needs to be fixed in the new GopEditor. Not a big deal. You could crash things if you did it "right" with editing. I was trying to be massively flexible but that just not going to work with the frame accurate stuff. I use linked lists and I now have multiple-update problems. Gonna have to back things down for awhile and limit what can be done while a frame accurate process is running.

--jdiner

Don't rush it Josh, we'll be able to toil along with the old one for a little while.
    I collect old pistols, got any?

@mavrcksd

Could the problem be with not having an audio signal when the recording starts? I've run into this before and the timing is critical. If I don't have the VHS tape already running when the TiVo starts to record I get those pesky No Audio Header found (or something like that) messages when I try to make the key file (at least I think that's when I have the problem). Might be something else to check on.

ew

Personally I want to know exactly where my edit points are, and the extra +### would be useful to me. Too many times I need to go back and tweak things a little this way or that, and knowing precisely what you're working with is important. Maybe I am the only one who works this way, or maybe I am just missing something.

Todd

Originally posted by jdiner
    Ok. I agree with many here.

The +### is useless to anyone but me. And for me only right now does it have any use. Once I am done with a few more things it is going to be pointless.

I also don't like cluttering the display. That accomplishes nothing. And newbie's have a hard enough time as it is now without wondering why the timestamp needs "+9 more milliseconds"...

So I am now toying with a few other things. The idea of a high contrast color in the background has merit but means creating a custom owner-drawn control for it. That a somewhat tedious task and prevents easy porting of an actual GUI to other platforms.

So right now I am playing around visually with a few other ideas.

--jdiner

END OF TY Edit

Josh:

I have noticed routinely that if i move the edit slider all the way to the end, and mark out, it will not show within the valid timecode sequence of the show.

i.e the show goes for 90 mins 01hr 31mins x seconds

When I mark out at the position where the slider is (at the very end of the ty file), it will show 13:51:sseconds, instead of 01:35:sseconds. Where it should be the end of the clip.

It's almost as if things have shifted to the left by one position. It has done this every time. it didn't cause a burp in cutting out the end, because 13 hours into the file doesn't exist, so i assume it's going to the end and stopping. I looked into the .cut file and sure enough it shows the 13:51:and some sseconds in there. When i was having all the audio issues, I edited the cut file to make it correct, and didn't do any difference.

FYI

Search the forum.

The timestamp changes on the very ends on either side were on purpose and have a very clear reason for doing so.

--jdiner

Originally posted by Toddler
    Personally I want to know exactly where my edit points are, and the extra +### would be useful to me. Too many times I need to go back and tweak things a little this way or that, and knowing precisely what you're working with is important. Maybe I am the only one who works this way, or maybe I am just missing something.
    Todd
    I think one feature that would make that list more useful is if you could hit a key (left or right arrow??) after selecting a cut, and it would go to the start or end of that cut in the video. I say left or right arrow because (I think) it doesn't movie the video forward or backwards by one GOP when you are in that listbox.

Otherwise, yes, it takes time to tweak things.

Still, though, you don't need to know where the edit point is in that list. You only need to see the edit point when you are in frame-accurate mode. Not GOP mode. IMHO.
    Philips DSR7000 - ~200 hours, killhdinitrd'd 6.2a w/ NutKase's superpatch_67all