Page 51 of 103 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101 ... LastLast

Thread: TyTool Alpha #8r3, VSplit beta #3.41, DVD output...

Originally posted by gobsmack
    Josh, along those lines, there are some cool things you can do with the template files for DVD Author -- like setting up pauses between chapters/vobs, setting up the branching, etc.

I glanced at that stuff and said "cool" and wondered if TyTool is set up to let you create/tweak your own template file for DVDAuthor.
    Yes and no.

I am not sure what I want to do yet. What I had planned was a set of pre-built options to choose from. But the last time I did that it was not well received. A simple "editor" is easy as it is a bunch of text, i.e. just use a textfield, but requires everyone to be come an expert.

Perhaps rather than pre-built options 2 simple ones.

1- let TyTool do it all.
    2- have TyTool generate the file and populate the editbox. Thus you could tweak to your hearts content. So you would only need to be an expert in the DVDAuthors XML code if you wanted to be.

--jdiner

Re: No Audio on AC-3 extraction

Originally posted by grape

Anyway I've been using 8r3 and having lots of success and fun with it, but I couldn't figure out this one. Read through your doc on audio transcoding as well. I am using a DTIVO so I usually don't transcode anything. There was an audio glitch on DTIVO playback, at the beginning I should point out. I tried using the patch audio holes option but still seem to have the following displayed when trying to generate a keyfile.

Detected Tivo Type: **Unknown**
    Detected Audio Stream Type: MPEG Layer II
    Final standardAudioSize = 0
    Final standardFrameLength = 0
    Final standardAudioDiff = 6480 or 00:00:00.072
    First Video PTS: 00:02:25.063
    ...Error. We did not find an embedded audio header!
    Ummm. The unkown is never ever supposed to be seen. That was a catch all that no one else has ever run into.

But some of the information was found. Audio only. But the title says it is AC-3 and TyTool found and locked onto LayerII mpeg audio.

Try jumping a ways into the file. My best guess. You have no video in the first several chunks of the file. The only time I ever saw that was in a TyStream extracted from a hacked HU card that was "going down". And got tons of audio but no video for about the first 5 minutes or so of the stream. I didn't have the rest of the stream and such a drop-out might have happened again later.

Again, I suggest you jump further into the file, past any LII lead-in audio and see what happens.

The only other time the "henry's" have showed up is when bytes are being lost by the XP networking bug.

--jdiner

Re: Re: vtsm

Originally posted by jdiner
    For a long time thing were broken with reguards to this. I could find some that worked for the hardware players and didn't for the software ones.

But I don't believe I ever tried -fpc. Have you tried it in both PowerDVD (or other software player) and in hardware players? I will try it. If it works I will make the change within TyTool.

NOTE: I have just been editing it by hand as well. I use VMGM and it works as well.

--jdiner
    I've tried it in PowerDVD and my Sony set top changer. Works in both of them.
    Now I've just got to get the hex editor out and change it in TYTool so I don't forget to manually edit it.

ew

Sorry boys and girls. I had hoped to have the frame accurate stuff out almost 2 weeks ago. I got busy at work first and then spent the last 7 days down for the count with the flu. I haven't touch anything in about that long.

I wanted people to be able to try and play with it over the long holiday weekend.

It is obvious that is not going to happen. I am finally on the mend a bit. But still not over this darn thing.

I figure that all I need is about 2 solid days to have it all done. The hard parts have been done for a long long time. But that kind of rules out this weekend.

If I have the energy to work on things I will post here. Check back if you are interested, if not have a great holiday weekend.

--jdiner

jdiner: don't be sorry, I bet you want to get this out more than us (if that's possible). Take care, get better and have a great holiday weekend.

PS if you finish it please call me at 555-....

Aww, man! You mean I'm actually going to have to spend time with family/friends over the holidays? *sigh*

j/k. Happy holidays to you too. Hope you are able to rest up & get better. And since it's thanksgiving... Thanks for tytool!!!

side note: I'm one of the people who has used the mpeg's created by tytool in another tool. Well, I've started using tytool for dvd creation now, and I just have to say, your templates ROCK! I find tytool to have more flexibility than the afore unmentioned tool. So, thanks again!
    Philips DSR7000 - ~200 hours, killhdinitrd'd 6.2a w/ NutKase's superpatch_67all

get your rest, josh, and enjoy the holidays. it's crazy to let this thing run your life, let alone *ruin* your life.

it can't be said enough: you are a truly fantastic contributor to the tivo world, and i thank you for your long and hard work on tytool.

ronny

Thumbs up Re: Re: No Audio on AC-3 extraction

Originally posted by jdiner
    Ummm. The unkown is never ever supposed to be seen. That was a catch all that no one else has ever run into.

But some of the information was found. Audio only. But the title says it is AC-3 and TyTool found and locked onto LayerII mpeg audio.

Try jumping a ways into the file. My best guess. You have no video in the first several chunks of the file. The only time I ever saw that was in a TyStream extracted from a hacked HU card that was "going down". And got tons of audio but no video for about the first 5 minutes or so of the stream. I didn't have the rest of the stream and such a drop-out might have happened again later.

Again, I suggest you jump further into the file, past any LII lead-in audio and see what happens.

The only other time the "henry's" have showed up is when bytes are being lost by the XP networking bug.

--jdiner
    Thanks - the jump worked.

I am not sure about why the ty stream presented your tool with unexpected challenges. What I can say though is that DTV must have been having some problems that night because, the i tried to record the same movie that same night (The Italian Job) and there was no audio while it was playing all the way to about 2/3'd into the film. At first I thought the hacks were affecting something ( like the noscramble ) - a little panic moment for me. But I tried recording the next showing (all day ticket - whew) and the audio was there save for a short ammount of no-audio at the very beginning, during the DTV intro's.

Anyway the jump as you suggested worked although I wasn't sure what value to use. I tried something in the 50's based on some advice I saw given elsewhere on AC-3 extraction. It worked fine, and it did recognize the DTiVo at this point. Very cool piece of software you've pulled together.

Any chance of a menuless - IFO create. Is it possible to use ifoedit with more than one pair of m2a, m2v files. It didn't seem obvious to me. I like to make menuless DVD's that just start playing for my 3.5 year old. Currently I use DVD shrink to strip the menu's with it's re-authoring tool.

You wouldn't have to change a thing and I'd still be happy and grateful for what you've done so far.

Grape

Yeah. A menu-less auto-play auto-step DVD option is in the works. It was not that hard. I just split some stuff out to a new class to make it easier to do/edit/change. Unfornately the TyTool version it is in is producing the frame accurate cut files. Not that bad a thing but it is kind of making it hard to get a release together.

A new version with that feature will be out sometime soon.

But hey at least I have kind of gotten caught up on my reading. With just laying around I have read 5 or 6 books that had piled up this last week.

--jdiner

jdiner.. did you program the GOP editor as well? I was wondering if it would be possible to add an option for it to skip to ## frame (like virtualdub does). This would be incredibly useful for remote editing through like PCAnywhere (yeah.. I have done remote edits.. it's like the guy that operated the camera on Earth for the last Apollo mission during the LEM takeoff from the moon - make a move and wait a few seconds to see the change). It would just be a useful option cause a remote editor could try random frames for where to cut out commercials and whatnot without having to scroll through the vid, each time waiting an annoying lag for the frame picture to advance line by line.

PCAnywhere is quite slow. Try RealVNC: www.realvnc.com

Hmmm...can you change the desktop size of your remote window? What if it interprets the controlled computer at 640x480, assuming that is done on the controlled computer before sending the screen images?

Question Frame Accurate Editing question

In an earlier post about frame accurate editing, it was
    mentioned that there was a YUV -> RGB translation before
    the editing, and a RGB -> YUV translation after the edit.

Since these transformations are "lossy" (and please correct me
    if I'm wrong on that), will there be an option to do the old-style
    editing (at key frames), so that people can avoid the loss
    associated with frame accurate editing?

The reason I'm asking this is because I'm on satellite TV
    (Dish Network), and the double encoding of TIVO's MPEG
    compression on top of Dish'es MPEG compression leaves
    things fairly noisy and lossy. I'd rather not have additional
    noise and losses if I can help it.

Thanks!
    Bill

Re: No Menu

Originally posted by grape

Any chance of a menuless - IFO create. Is it possible to use ifoedit with more than one pair of m2a, m2v files. It didn't seem obvious to me. I like to make menuless DVD's that just start playing for my 3.5 year old. Currently I use DVD shrink to strip the menu's with it's re-authoring tool.

You wouldn't have to change a thing and I'd still be happy and grateful for what you've done so far.

Grape
    Here's a way to do it that was reference it the old thread:

http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/sh...100#post106100

ew

Originally posted by FredThompson
    PCAnywhere is quite slow. Try RealVNC: www.realvnc.com

Hmmm...can you change the desktop size of your remote window? What if it interprets the controlled computer at 640x480, assuming that is done on the controlled computer before sending the screen images?
    Actually, www.ultravnc.com is much faster if you install the 2K/XP drivers, and it gives up nothing to VNC.
    I collect old pistols, got any?

Originally posted by johnwill
    Actually, www.ultravnc.com is much faster if you install the 2K/XP drivers, and it gives up nothing to VNC.
    Well it's more complicated that than in my situation. See.. On my network.. my main terminal machine is Win2K server using terminal services for remote access. Since I am unable to setup a remote encode on that machine because the audio is not accessible through my terminal window (I can encode, but the end result will be no audio in the video).. so the machine I use to encode most vids has regular plain-Jane 2K on it and PCAnywhere. I remotely access my terminal server using remote desktop and then open up PCAnywhere to connect to the encoding machine. Whatever port is used for ultravnc.. I am wondering if I can open it to the specific IP used for the encoding machine on the firewall and bypass using my terminal server entirely. There's alot more overhead with the way I am doing it now.

I'll see if I can do a more direct edit using ultravnc, but would appreciate a courtesy feature in the GOP editor to jump to a specific frame.. even if it isn't entirely frame accurate it would be nice to say go to the 1032nd frame see it contains a commercial, go to the 1048th and be 1 or 2 frames within the show resuming and just scan a few frames, finally marking the cut point.

It's nice to setup remote encodes from work on lunch break.. keeping my machine busy at home re-encoding, so when I get home the vid is usually done. I batch encode whenever I can, but occasionally I might have something record onthe TiVo while at work in the morning and want to get it started encoding to a smaller format during the afternoon. If my machines are idle, they're not working hard enough.
    Last edited by VideoJedi; 11-26-2003 at 02:07 PM.