Page 54 of 103 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast

Thread: TyTool Alpha #8r3, VSplit beta #3.41, DVD output...

Re: Problem with Tytool

Originally posted by JoeRod
    Im using tserver_mfs_mips6 and TyTool6r2 on a winxp box with a s1 directivo. every time i press refress on tytool i get this error.
    I would start by getting the latest versions of TyTool and tserver, you are quite a few versions behind. See the first post in this thread.

Also, you say you have a s1 DirecTiVo, but you seem to be using the mips version of tserver, that is not good.

Re: Problem with Tytool

Originally posted by JoeRod
    Im using tserver_mfs_mips6 and TyTool6r2 on a winxp box with a s1 directivo. every time i press refress on tytool i get this error.
    That error has been asked and answered at least a dozen times.

6r3 is freaking ancient. Get a the latest version.

--jdiner

Ok boys and girls. I am finally returning to the land of the living. I can't believe how bad the flu going around locally is.

I haven't touched things since I got really sick. So nothing new to report yet. But I have a few plans and once I get a handle on everyday things again I will be posting several details.

--jdiner

I can't believe how bad the flu going around locally is.
    I know the feeling! I've been afraid to come back to this thread, because I sure don't want it! Glad to hear that you're feeling better, being sick really sucks.
    I collect old pistols, got any?

Thanx for the quick reply. I got the latest tserver and tytool now tytool wont crash but when i press refresh i get this error.

SERVER: We got a message! buf = 'SHOWING'
    syntax error in expression "*60*60"
    while executing
    "expr $tz*60*60"
    (procedure "get_tzoffset" line 31)
    invoked from within
    "get_tzoffset $setuptz $daylightsavings"
    (procedure "init_db" line 54)
    invoked from within
    "init_db"
    (file "./NowShowing.tcl" line 468)

i can ftp fine into the tivo, i cant http into it though, any suggestions on extraction?

JoeRod,

Did you also get the latest NowShowing.tcl when you got the new files? It's barfing while trying to get the timezone offset.

I did a search here for:

"get_tzoffset $setuptz $daylightsavings"

and came up with a few threads from folks who had this problem, mostly in the uk, though. They discuss how to set your timezone in NowShowing.tcl manually, although some have "fixed" it with a reboot.(??)

Good Luck!

Quick easy way to get a WAV/MP3 file

Is there a quick way to get just the audio from a ty/vob file? I want to take a concert and dump it to CD.

Thanks

In Tytool, click on "Files", then click on "Split File(s)". Select the ty file and hit "process". It will output a *.m2v and a *.m2a file.
    The m2a file is the audio in mpeg layer2 format!

Good Luck!

Audio Problem

Hey guys...I've been searching for a solution to my problem all morning and finally gave up looking and decided to post my problem.

I just recently rediscovered TyTool and all its awesome new functionalities. Making a DVD is so easy now. Anyway, using TyTool and my Phillips SA, I was able to extract a show and make a vob for my compilation without a flaw. However, with the second episode I wasn't so lucky. I extracted the TY stream and tested it in Windows Media Player. It played as expected. I then made the Key file and used the GOPeditor to make my cut points.

For my options I've selected Audio #7 - Dolby and Patch Audio Holes. I then ran the VOB-Mux on the file. The resulting VOB looks okay in PowerDVD, but the sounds skips in and out at a relatively quick pace (four or five times a second). The sound is like this throughout the entire VOB.

I've tried a different Audio setting, but got the same results. I need to transcode the audio so my dvd players will play it correctly. I've also tried changing the first cut by one position on each side of the cut. I still get the same results.

I've also noticed that the time it takes to run the VOB-Mux's that result in perfect VOB files is significantly shorter then it takes when I generate the above VOB with the messed up audio.

I'm running out of ideas on how to get this stubborn TY to work. Any ideas?

One additional question while I'm asking, when I try to play a dvd authored by TyTool in my old DVD player, the video is squished up to only the left half of the screen...what's that about?
    Last edited by Perogi; 11-30-2003 at 05:30 PM.

Re: Audio Problem

Originally posted by Perogi

One additional question while I'm asking, when I try to play a dvd authored by TyTool in my old DVD player, the video is squished up to only the left half of the screen...what's that about?
    This is known to happen in older DVD players. That's because the Tivo doesn't record at DVD compiant resolutions. Most DVD players will automatically stretch the video to fit on the screen.

The ultimate solution is to change the Tivo recording resolutions so they're DVD compliant. This can be done by editing the resources using tivoweb. There's a thread somewhere here on how to do this. It results in your recordings taking more space but should solve this particular problem.

Re: Re: Audio Problem

Originally posted by cojonesdetoro
    The ultimate solution is to change the Tivo recording resolutions so they're DVD compliant.
    Which, it should be noted, is only possible on standalone TiVos, not DirecTiVos.

Re: Audio Problem

Originally posted by Perogi

For my options I've selected Audio #7 - Dolby and Patch Audio Holes.
    You may have tried this but I would suggest using Audio #5 and turn off patching.

pete

Pete, I tried your suggestion but still got the same results.

I've attached a zip of an mp3 file which is the audio I extracted from the VOB. This way y'all can hear exactly what I'm talking about.

Thanks for all the help so far!

Hey guys!

Now that I can create cool menu's, I want to go back and redo some of my disc sets...

My problem is, that when i copy previously burned VOB's to to the PC and reprocess them in a new compilation, the chapters no longer get created...Isn't this something I should be able to do?

Am I doing something wrong?

-Mike

Re: Re: Re: Audio Problem

Originally posted by koreth
    Which, it should be noted, is only possible on standalone TiVos, not DirecTiVos.
    Which is also one more reason why the SA TiVo is such a wonderful machine...I'll take it over a DirecTiVo any day.