Page 63 of 103 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast

Thread: TyTool Alpha #8r3, VSplit beta #3.41, DVD output...

Hey thanks! That worked great. The color thing i mentioned before isn't a big deal, but this was. I figured it was a command line option with dvdauthor, but i figured a quick post to the forum would get a quick response, and I was right.

Thanks again
    -Albert

Originally posted by Marsman
    achaffman:

You can also let the "Create IFO" process complete, and then go back and edit your make.bat file. Change all of the "post -vtsm" to read "post -vmgm". Delete all of the files in the Video_TS directory and then execute make.bat. Works like a charm on my Sony 5-disc, and every other player my friends have tried.

To give credit, I think it was Bato who first posted this...

-Marsman

Originally posted by FredThompson
    Shouldn't be too hard to automate that, huh? Hope it's fixed in whatever release Josh uses for the upcoming tytool.
    Yeah it has been.

The problem historically was that vmgm smashed all of the software players I have. From ogle under linux to WinDVD/PowerDVD on the PC. Since I was mainly testing it was left at something that didn't really work, vtsm, but also didn't seriously crash the player.

I have recently tried FPC at someone elses suggestion and it seems to play everywhere. So at the moment the code is set to generate that. I plan to put in a menu option to make it easier for people that primarily use software DVD players vs those that mainly use hardware players.

Now that we have passed the main testing phase most of my usage is with hardware players. But a forced reboot of 2000 was often required when one of the software players died. That was getting just too freaking annoying.

--jdiner

EDIT: Crap. I gotta slow down and take more care with what I type. In this message recently became recent and seriously became serious. Darn... I really hate typos.
    Last edited by jdiner; 12-09-2003 at 12:03 AM.

Josh, thanks for the reply above. It all makes sense, thanks again for taking the time to explain it. =)

I know MPEG on a bit level, the ty stuff is interesting to me.

Originally posted by achaffman
    Hey thanks! That worked great. The color thing i mentioned before isn't a big deal, but this was. I figured it was a command line option with dvdauthor, but i figured a quick post to the forum would get a quick response, and I was right.

Thanks again
    -Albert
    I wonder if I am the only one that gets pissed off by comment like this...For me, I tried my best not to post duplicate question so that it won't clog up the thread. Some people, on the other hand, doesn't feel the same way.
    Last edited by andy_ho; 12-08-2003 at 05:19 AM.

Originally posted by andy_ho
    I wonder if I am the only one that gets pissed off by comment like this...For me, I tried my best not to post duplicate question so that it won't clog up the thread. Some people, on the other hand, doesn't feel the same way.
    Actually, I'd think people would be more annoyed by comments such as yours.
    I collect old pistols, got any?

Originally posted by johnwill
    Actually, I'd think people would be more annoyed by comments such as yours.
    why would that be? I guess that would means that you support people who are lazy, who never tried to find the answer in the thread, who just post it because they just want the answer even if it has already been answered a few pages back, and who is proud enough to admit it. Last comment from me about this. It's getting a little off subject.
    Last edited by andy_ho; 12-08-2003 at 02:47 PM.

Originally posted by andy_ho
    why would that be? I guess that would means that you support people who are lazy, who never tried to find the answer in the thread, who just post it because they just want the answer even if it has already been answered a few pages back, and who is proud enough to admit it. Last comment from me about this. It's getting a little off subject.
    I agree that people who don't bother to do any searching on there own should be directed to the search function. However, sometimes one can honestly say that they've put in a good effort and tried and gotten nowhere. For example, what if you can't seem to come up with the right search parameters because: (1) people misspell things in their posts (e.g., if I search for "series," I won't find "seeries"), (2) you can't search for certain parameters (e.g., "s1" -- it's too short), (3) you can't come up with any good search parameters, etc. It seems unreasonable to me when posters chastise (and often quite rudely chastise) reasonable questions from people who've tried to find an answer. Why not just help them?

Sure, if every other post was somebody who didn't realize that they needed to run chmod on tserver and NowShowing, it would get a bit annoying, but if people ask reasonable questions, again, why not help? Please.

(And, no, currently I don't have any TyTool questions -- but I do think it's an amazing program.)

to go totally off topic.....

Originally posted by horwitz
    Sure, if every other post was somebody who didn't realize that they needed to run chmod on tserver and NowShowing, it would get a bit annoying,
    The problem here is that this is the second time there has been a flame war (and an *****ic one at that) in this thread. If you have a problem with someone's post, PM a moderator and let him do his job. If you have a problem with the general direction/tone of a board, start another topic.

If what you are posting dosen't pertain to TyTool, don't post

p.s. -- yes, I know I'm being a hippocrate.

Re: to go totally off topic.....

Originally posted by AVD
    The problem here is that this is the second time there has been a flame war (and an *****ic one at that) in this thread.

p.s. -- yes, I know I'm being a hippocrate.
    I prefer the term, "reconnaisance in force."
    Collecting 9/11, Afghan/Iraq, Mail Call, Trains, Cooking, Woodworking, Fighting Illini - Let's chat
    A/V links: neuron2 doom9 VideoHelp DigitalMediaNet CreativeCow DVDShrink PgcEdit Streambox WMRecorder
    other links: SnapFiles NoNags HackADay Engadget Fontleech OfflineExplorerPro TechBargains PriceWatch

One more try... FAE Preview #1...

Arrgggg... I am so ready to scream. I just spent the last hour writing up docs as a post to the forum for the new frame accurate editor to have an alt-key accident lose them for me. Somehow I managed to make the browser referesh every open browser window... (I didn't even know that was possible.) I am not going to re-type them all but here is the gist.

Some new defintions:

1- Main Window - this is the window that was the only one in GopEditor before. From here on out I intend to refer to it as the main window.

2- Frame Window - The is the new frame accurate editing window.

3- FAE - A Frame Accurate Edit point. This is going to refer to a GOP cut point that includes a frame within the GOP to make a cut on.

4- GAE - A GOP Accurate Edit point. This is a cut where only a GOP was selected and no frame.

5- ***** - Someone that really should have known better than to spend an hour typing into a web page given how stable the browsers actually are.

Installation and Process:

1- NOTE: This is not a use ready replacement for what you had. There are things in this version that are known not to work. This is for the preview only. Do not overwrite the files you have in use now. DO NOT DO NOT DO NOT!

2- Make a preview1 directory wherever you would like it.

3- Unzip the preview1 zip file into this directory. It contains only 3 files. the tytool and GopEditor preview executables and the same old .ini.

4- Run the TyTool preview and make a key file for 1 or more TyStreams.

5- Select the Edit option from the menu to load the GopEditor preview bin on one of the new keyfiles.

6- When finished, exit the programs...

The new Editor
    1- The main window looks pretty much like it always did. The differences:
    - The cut listbox is now colorized to show when and where a FAE was made.
    - There is not a small frame point box to the right of the start and stop times.

2- In the main window you can preview, or play, 1 single GOP using the F1 key. This will show in sequence every frame in the current GOP at a roughly calculated standard speed. This can and should be used to determine if a frame accurate edit should be made within this GOP.

Try it. The usage and meaning will become readily apparently.

3- The GOP editing controls have remained all the same as they were before. This was done on purpose to maintain the quick editing mode for those that wish to continue to use it in the same old way.

4- The FAE mode:
    - A GOP must be selected for the start or end point. As always hit either Home or End to set the appropriate value.

- Then hit the PageUp key to FAE the starting point or PageDown for the end point.

- Pressing either PageUp or PageDown will open the new frame window.

5- The Frame Window:
    - This is a new window that is the same size as the main window and will open up directly on top of the main window.

- Much of the editing paradigm from the main window was maintained here on purpose.

- Left and right arrows to navigate 1 frame at a time within the GOP. (Ctrl and Shift no longer apply as honestly the average GOP is just to small...)

- F5 to play the uncut portion of the GOP. At the start this will be the entire GOP.

- F6 to play the cut portion of the GOP. Initially there won't be one.

- Space as always will stop the automatic playback.

- DEL will set the frame to make the cut on.
    - For a start cut the frame currently being shown within the GOP WILL BE CUT and then everything to the RIGHT!!! Meaning it is an inclusive cut. So start over the first frame you want to remove not the last good frame.
    - For an end cut the all of the frames leading up to and including the selected one will be cut, and everything to the right will be kept as good data.

- The DEL key will populate the CUT: textfield in the frame window display.

- To keep and use the FAE either press the ENTER key or hit the OK button.

- The abandon the FAE either press the ESC key or hit the CANCEL button.

- When you either OK or CANCEL the frame window will close and the main window will populate it's details section accordingly.

6- The colorized listbox:
    - If you use only GAE then the listbox will appear as it did. Black text on a white background.

- If you use a FAE for the start point you will see the black text with a light-blue background for the starting timestamp of the cut.

- If you use a FAE for the end point you will the same light-blue background for the ending point.

Known Issues:
    1- If you are using the F1-Preview mode and hit any other command but the Space to stop it early you will crash the editor. There is some re-use of data space going on on purpose as there is a serious amount of data here and the appropriate semaphores are not in place to prevent some serious process collisions. Just be carefull and it is quite testable.

--jdiner

What no downloads yet? Ah... how times are changing... Where is Snoopy or Bubblelamp to grab it before the bits are even cold on the server?

--jdiner

Oh man I cannot believe how much of a difference one simple change can make.

I know how to speed up TyTool in it's split/mux/vob processing stages to almost twice as fast as 8x3 was. I was being lazy on a few things as I had no idea how serious the impact was. I think I was looking into this awhile back but never finished the improvements, going to have to now. I like speed.

Keep in mind that your mileage may vary based on HD speed etc... Some of the changes in the software will make no difference if the rest of the hardware is... old.

--jdiner

Originally posted by jdiner
    What no downloads yet? Ah... how times are changing... Where is Snoopy or Bubblelamp to grab it before the bits are even cold on the server?

--jdiner
    Geez, don't I count? I claim first 2 downloads. Gimme a break, 10 minute refresh on Eudora...
    Collecting 9/11, Afghan/Iraq, Mail Call, Trains, Cooking, Woodworking, Fighting Illini - Let's chat
    A/V links: neuron2 doom9 VideoHelp DigitalMediaNet CreativeCow DVDShrink PgcEdit Streambox WMRecorder
    other links: SnapFiles NoNags HackADay Engadget Fontleech OfflineExplorerPro TechBargains PriceWatch

When I select edit key TyTool preview doesn't open the GOPeditor, this is because the name (GOPeditor-preview1.exe) if I change the name to GOPeditor.exe then it works. Just a FYI (not to jdiner, he knows, but for other people). You can open GOPeditor-preview1.exe and open the new key file without problems.

BTW I have the file also
    Last edited by bato; 12-09-2003 at 02:38 AM.

Originally posted by jdiner

--jdiner

Heh, I just got home from NY about 45 min ago, after being snowed in for 2 days.
    SpongeBob is not a contraceptive - Bart S.
    A tabloid, is that one of those really strong mints? - Homer S.