Page 23 of 129 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373123 ... LastLast

Thread: (DEPRECATED) SLEEPER ISO - Series 2 Scripts for U5, Monte and Prom with many hacks

If you used Sleeper's script to hack your tivo - it's already taken care of.

The rc.sysinit.author runs a timed script called callfixsub.sh that runs the fixsub31.tcl in a loop for you.

Tivo Web Looks odd

Ok I am used to working on series 1 DTivos and extracting shows via Tivoweb so I am a little confused as to why I canít see any recorded streams on a Series 2 via Tivoweb. I just got my dSR7000 up and running via Sleepers ISO and was looking at Tivo Web and it appears as if MFS Streams is not there. It looks as if most of the other Tivo Web functions are there but I caní see any shows that were recorded on the series 2. Since my series 1 is off line right now can someone tell me if I am crazy? What needs to be activated after running Sleepers ISO to see recorded streams via Tivo Web? Please advise - Thanks

Originally posted by Chesney09
    Thanks NutKase! I did print them and will use them quite a bit.

More information I am curious for is.. JUST MORE KNOWLEDGE! I am an MCSE and I have never been in Linux.. What a way to learn huh?
    It's always fun to have a 'reason' to learn something new . My reason was a home LAN and web server, and now tivo!

NutKase
    "God, and DealDataBase, help those that help themselves." --Shamelessly stolen from psxboy
    ------------------------------------------------
    2 each, SA S2 287hr 7.2.1a's with Lifetime.
    Hacks: 1 Manually Monte'd -140, Bash,Telnet,FTP,TivoWebPlus,
    Superpatch-67all Unscrambled/HMO,MFS_FTP Ver. N,TyTools, tivoserver
    Fully hacked SA S1

Originally posted by Chesney09
    Can someone tell me how to run it?
    What exactly are you asking?

NutKase
    "God, and DealDataBase, help those that help themselves." --Shamelessly stolen from psxboy
    Fully hacked SA S1

Re: Tivo Web Looks odd

Originally posted by itopia
    It looks as if most of the other Tivo Web functions are there but I caní see any shows that were recorded on the series 2.
    If you mean tivoweb the browser and not the extraction tool...

You need an updated ui.itcl to use most of the functionality w/4.x

NutKase
    Fully hacked SA S1

re: Tivo Web Looks odd

Thanks forthe quick reply Nutkase

I have software version 3.1.0-05-2-101 on a DSR7000 monte'd via Speepers ISO

Do I still need the updated ui.itcl ?

And I did mean tivoweb the browser which I sometimes use to extract ty files via mfsstreams on series 1 units. Is it doable on S2's?

Re: re: Tivo Web Looks odd

Do I still need the updated ui.itcl?
    I'm not sure, you DO need it on S2's w/4.x, you try it and let us know.

And I did mean tivoweb the browser which I sometimes use to extract ty files via mfsstreams on series 1 units. Is it doable on S2's?
    Extraction is 'doable' on S2's, although I haven't heard of it being done via tivoweb the browser. Search for mfs_ftp and you'll find out all about it.

NutKase
    Fully hacked SA S1

cron?

Originally posted by Spydertech
    The rc.sysinit.author runs a timed script called callfixsub.sh that runs the fixsub31.tcl in a loop for you.
    newb question...
    a timed script - is that a cron job? it runs automatically without intervention?

Re: cron?

Originally posted by SurfBoy
    newb question...
    a timed script - is that a cron job? it runs automatically without intervention?
    No - it isn't cron.

It's a "while true do" script that runs the fixsub31.tcl, then a sleep command for a set number of seconds, then loops back to do it all over again. The script is constantly running in the background.

If you install cron and run fixsub that way - you can remove the callfixsub.sh reference from the rc.sysinit.author and remove the script from the /usr/scripts directory.

But installing and using cron is for a whole different thread - this one is already overcrowded with irrelevant questions and answers.

Spydertech

Thanks to everyone for helping out with all the answers to the posts.

Sleeper, I'm trying to create the two folder net drivers on my tivos and I've got some questions about where each of these files is coming from.

There are three tgz files in the ethernet drivers directory.

Can you tell me where I should be getting each of the following filles from?

The ones in bold are the suspected locations. I'm not sure where to get the pegasus version of usbcore.o the one in the 31NET.TGZ files isn't the same size as the on installed on the tivo. The file in ETHERNET_DRIVERS.TGZ looks like the ax8817x version of usbcore.o.

pegasus
    EDIT: I have no idea which version are the correct files.
    usbcore.o (31NET.TGZ, ETHERNET_DRIVERS.TGZ)
    usb-ohci.o (31NET.TGZ, ETHERNET_DRIVERS.TGZ)
    pegasus.o (31NET.TGZ, ETHERNET_DRIVERS.TGZ)

ax8817x files..
    usbcore.o (ETHERNET_DRIVERS.TGZ)
    hcd.o (ETHERNET_DRIVERS.TGZ, ETHERNET_DRIVERS_OLD.TGZ)
    ehci-hcd.o (ETHERNET_DRIVERS.TGZ, ETHERNET_DRIVERS_OLD.TGZ)
    ax8817x.o (ETHERNET_DRIVERS.TGZ, ETHERNET_DRIVERS_OLD.TGZ)

Lastly... since the script does it... what is the correct value for chmod to get the attributes correct? It looks like 755 or 777 are correct, depending how they were installed.
    Last edited by jbc; 12-01-2003 at 02:10 AM.

weird one

running HDVR2 Directivo ...

I managed to get your ISO/Monte working fine last night .. plus an HU mod to get that card to work for me.. everything ran fine. Then I went standby and unplugged.

I moved the Tivo from my desk to it's real location.. plugged it back in and got stuck on "Welcome. Powering Up..." and no further.. even though the eternet lights up, there is no bash connection available.

Now this morning I plugged it back in.. it worked right away .. then after about 45 mins, the picture froze on me and the Tivo rebooted.. and now I'm sitting on "welcome. powering up..." again. It's not looping or anything, just dead.

I'm assuming an unplug - replug will fix it again .. what can I check to see what is causing this? and any ideas what is going on?

thanks in advance

Re: weird one

Originally posted by hallandnash
    running HDVR2 Directivo ...

plus an HU mod to get that card to work for me.. everything ran fine.
    thanks in advance
    Number one - All Tivo owners should be using P4 cards by now, so the HU modification is considered signal theft and NOT ALLOWED ON THIS BOARD.......

Modding the DirecTv portion of the Tivo can have all kinds of consequences - Why don't you fix it the right way - use the P4 DirecTv gave you - don't mod for illegal cards and see if the problem persists?

I'm not gonna sit here and tell you that the HU is the problem - but It sounds like you need to start over - and follow the instructions on the first page of this thread if you have a problem.

Answer the questions that Sleeper asked on the first page - it sure helps to have information...

"Hey Doc I don't feel good." Doc, "Ok - I don't know what "don't feel good" means, but here - take one of these millions of drugs for an indeterminate amount of time, if that doesn't work - we'll start performing surgery until we find the problem..."

Sounds like a fun day at the doctor's office, huh?

Spydertech

off the soapbox .. i just included the fact incase it may have been the issue.. I'm aware of the rules of this board..

anyway:
    1.) What model is your unit?

HDVR2

2.) How big is the original hard drive?

40g

3.) Is or has your original hard drive been hacked before.

no

4.) Have you ever performed a mfsrestore to your original hard drive?

yes

5.) What version of software is running on your original hard drive?

6. ) Has your box been subbed, receiving DVR service and DTV if it's a DTivo?

no

7.) What size is the drive that your are restoring to?

40g

8.) Were there any error messages when running the scripts and exactly what did they say. If you are not sure then perform the entire operation again before posting.

no

9.) Include the text captured from your terminal (hyperterminal) where the error occurred in your post.

currently don't have serial -- have one on the way from 9th tee as i type...

10.) Did you spill coffee on your Tivo while you had it open? Just kidding?

just coke, but barely a drop

11.) Did you test the drive in your tivo after the RESTORE phase and before the SURGERY phase? Did it work?

yes worked fine

12.) Did you test the drive in your tivo after the SURGERY phase and before the FINAL (HACKS) phase? Did it work?

yes worked .. until the problems stated 2 threads above...

I've also read in some other threads that sendkey has caused some errors causing a re-boot.. I'm wondering if this could be an issue in this case or not..

Originally posted by jbc
    Can you tell me where I should be getting each of the following filles from?
    31net.tgz are the original pegasus drivers.

ethernet_drivers.tgz are the ax8817x drivers. It also has pegasus drivers but I never got them to work.