Page 62 of 129 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472112 ... LastLast

Thread: (DEPRECATED) SLEEPER ISO - Series 2 Scripts for U5, Monte and Prom with many hacks

What is Monte?

So what is Monte, what does it do, and whre can I find it? I just want to be able to send music to my HDVR2 and send Video back to my computer. Any hints how to do this on a 80211.b network?

Quote Originally Posted by slim69
    Very nice piece of work - many thanks on behalf of everyone.
    I'm running the Monte on an HDVR2. I performed the hacks manually, but tried your ISO and it's great. I do believe people should learn how and why monte works, but a script like your's allows them to see the final result. I have no doubt that once people know they can hack their TIVO, and see the functionality firsthand, they will delve deeper into learning how to do further hacking and maintenance on theirs also. We may also gain some good minds into the community which will benefit everyone. People will be less afraid to take the first step and tinker if they know they can always fall back on a system such as the one you have developed. Again, thanks.

Monte "Upgrade"

It has become aparent to me after reading over half of the pages in this thread that in the time that I spent reading, I probably could have run your script and got up and running again. Here are the answers to your questions, can someone give me a recommendation as to what I should do... I just hate "wasting" a almost hacked system and old recordings... I currently have a 3.1.U5-01-2-151 with 2.4.4-TiVo-3.0 software running a Bash_ENV hack. I have tivoweb, telnet, tivoftpd among other hacks. I'm trying to figure out the most pain-free way of going - kmem and stay with my current config or upgrade to monte. can someone give me some advice?

1.) What script did you run? Prom or Monte?
    Haven't run it yet (will run Monte)
    2.) If you ran the Prom script, who soldered your prom into your Tivo?
    NA
    3.) What model is your unit?
    HDVR2
    4.) How big is the original hard drive?
    5.) Is or has your original hard drive been hacked before.
    no
    6.) Have you ever performed a mfsrestore to your original hard drive?
    no
    7.) What version of software is running on your original hard drive?
    3.1.1b-02-2-151, I think, haven't had the original in the TiVo for a while
    8. ) Has your box been subbed, receiving DVR service and DTV if it's a DTivo?
    yes
    9.) What size is the drive that your are restoring to?
    Currently running a hacked 160GB
    10.) Were there any error messages when running the scripts and exactly what did they say. If you are not sure then perform the entire operation again before posting.
    None
    11.) Include the text captured from your terminal (hyperterminal) where the error occurred in your post.
    n/a
    12.) Did you spill coffee on your Tivo while you had it open? Just kidding?
    n/a
    13.) Did you test the drive in your tivo after the RESTORE phase and before the SURGERY phase? Did it work?
    n/a
    14.) Did you test the drive in your tivo after the SURGERY phase and before the FINAL (HACKS) phase? Did it work?
    n/a
    15.) What model USB newtork adapter are you using?
    WUSB11 ver 2.6
    16) Which network drivers did you choose to install?
    at76c503.o
    at76c503-rfmd.o
    Under current configuration, working great!!

Thanks in advance for the help,

Erick
    Last edited by mebeslo; 02-11-2004 at 02:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SkaData
    So what is Monte, what does it do, and whre can I find it? I just want to be able to send music to my HDVR2 and send Video back to my computer. Any hints how to do this on a 80211.b network?
    read the stickies in this forum, and do searches. you will see what it is. the tivoscripts boot cd is a tool for using monte to obtain bash on a series 2 tivo unit.
    Step one: search button!
    Silly Wabbit, guides are for kids

changing channels hangs TiVo after Monte on S2

i have TiVo brand standalone series 2 80 hour (TCD240080) running software version 4.0.1b-01-2-240

i ran the Monte from Sleeper's Tivoscripts 1.02

when my TiVo restarted, the Monte seemed successful in that I could telnet to my TiVo, but , I could not change channels on my TiVo (which is controlling a Comcast Motorola Digital Cable Box via Serial) -- when I tried, the user interface would freeze/hang and not seem to unfreeze in a reasonable period of time (although I could still interact via telnet/shell)

any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by guitarboy
    i have TiVo brand standalone series 2 80 hour (TCD240080) running software version 4.0.1b-01-2-240

i ran the Monte from Sleeper's Tivoscripts 1.02

when my TiVo restarted, the Monte seemed successful in that I could telnet to my TiVo, but , I could not change channels on my TiVo (which is controlling a Comcast Motorola Digital Cable Box via Serial) -- when I tried, the user interface would freeze/hang and not seem to unfreeze in a reasonable period of time (although I could still interact via telnet/shell)

any ideas?
    The sleeper iso enables bash on the serial cable, this screws up using the serial cable to change channels. You need to search for info on enabling bash console on the serial port and that should let you know what to remove to get rid of it.
    Malfunct

HDVR2 - 120hours - Extraction enabled
    SD-DVR40 - Unhacked (for now)

Quote Originally Posted by malfunct
    The sleeper iso enables bash on the serial cable, this screws up using the serial cable to change channels. You need to search for info on enabling bash console on the serial port and that should let you know what to remove to get rid of it.
    Nothing like answering the same question a million times:

http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/sh...Fbin%2Fbash%2A

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper
    Nothing like answering the same question a million times:

http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/sh...Fbin%2Fbash%2A
    Doesnt the bootpage command also have to be modified to remove the dsscon ?
    Ma l'italiano benissimo

Ex-Cantidate John Kerry
    Its not what you want it's what the electorate wants.

Quote Originally Posted by tytyty
    One would think. Unless the characters get ignored. Good question for NutKase. Let's dial him up.

Quote Originally Posted by tytyty
    yes, that is correct. the reason is that the dsscon line will print kernel messages to the serial port as well. you need to remove the dsscon and console lines from the bootpage, and then comment out the bash line which redirects to ttyS2.
    Step one: search button!
    Silly Wabbit, guides are for kids

iso doesn't work - kernel not backed up

When I run the ISO, I get a message of 0+0 records in, 0+0 records out when it executes the command dd if=/dec/hdc3 of=/cdrive/kernelwhatever

If i try to continue, i get a message that the variables are missing when I try to do the restore.

monte
    n/a
    hdvr2
    no
    no
    3.11b
    yes
    10.) Were there any error messages when running the scripts and exactly what did they say. If you are not sure then perform the entire operation again before posting.
    quoted above
    11.) Include the text captured from your terminal (hyperterminal) where the error occurred in your post.
    n/a
    n/a
    13.) Did you test the drive in your tivo after the RESTORE phase and before the SURGERY phase? Did it work?
    n/a
    14.) Did you test the drive in your tivo after the SURGERY phase and before the FINAL (HACKS) phase? Did it work?
    n/a
    n/a
    16) Which network drivers did you choose to install?[/QUOTE]
    n/a
    Last edited by dletsch; 02-12-2004 at 07:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dletsch
    When I run the ISO, I get a message of 0+0 records in, 0+0 records out when it executes the command dd if=/dec/hdc3 of=/cdrive/kernelwhatever
    Well that's a new one. Please post exactly what is printed out. Also can you see the backup on the cdrive?

Question S-dvr40

Sleeper
    I reported an earlier problem that I thought my original image was corrupt while monteing what i thought were HDVR2's. Well these units actualy turned out to be the newer Hughes S-DVR40s. I'm hereing that they have some sort of RID chip that makes them tougher to hack. Do you know if your ISO will work with these puppies or has anyone else had problems or solutions for these models. Thanks...Dutch

kernel doesn't backup

i can see the backup on the c drive. the kernel file is zero length. the backup part of the monte script reports 0+0 records in, 0+0 records out when running the dd, then reports a blank on extracting the name of the kernel. I have tried two different c drives, both FAT32, and two different PCs. I get the same problem when I use a mfstools iso - the bootpage command reports /dev/hda4, but I get 0 length when trying to use dd to backup /dev/hdc3 (or any other partition from hdc1 through hdc9). What's wierd is that a mfsbackup piped to a mfsrestore will give me a 120 hour drive that boots great in my HDVR2, but that drive has zero length when I try to pull the kernel off with dd. I am wondering if it is a drive locking thing, or if I am just doing something really, really, really stupid. fdisk shows no partitions at all on the drive (which may be normal, as far as I know.) pdisk -l shows the partitions. maybe i have a RID chip, whatever that is, but I don't see one on the tivo.
    Last edited by dletsch; 02-12-2004 at 09:16 PM.

ERR: FAT32 not found...tivo scripts 1.02 problem

To anyone knowledgeable,

My username should say it all, I'm really enjoying_tivo at this point and the hacks make it even more enjoyable. I have a few questions and problems with tivo_scripts 1.02 that i was hoping someone could answer:

* Can the tivo_scripts 1.02 be used on a SA2 that is using digital cable service as well as DirectTivo service (i noticed that this posting is under the DirecTiVo Series 2 Hacking Forum)?

* If not, then I suppose disregard the below...although I'd love someone to point me to how to install ftp, telnet, tivo_web, etc on my digital cable receiving SA2.

* I get the following error when i attempt to run the first script off of the tivo scripts 1.02 disc:

ERR: FAT32 not located on hda
    Scripts aborted, press any key...

I am positive that i have the drives set up correctly. My BIOS and the tivo scripts linux kernel report the following configuration:

hda: Samsung 60GB Pinned Master on the Primary IDE Strip
    hdb: SONY CD-RW Pinned Slave on the Primary IDE Strip
    hdc: Western Digital 40GB Pinned Master on the Secondary IDE Strip

I have formatted the Samsung drive using both Partion Magic 8.0 and fdisk off of a generic windows boot disk. Either way, the same error occurs.

Has anyone else reported this problem? Any clues? How does the script determine the drive type? Does it read the partition table at the beginning of the drive? Just a suggestion, but maybe the script should go ahead and format the drive on hda if it needs to be FAT32 (WITH A STERN WARNING)...This way you will avoid this warning and have the drive in the exact format you need to continue (i totally agree with your logic of having it be a FAT32 versus another file system type)

Any comments would be appreciated, thanks in advance...

monte
    NA
    SA2 Tivo (Black with the little Tivo dude in the middle; bought it refurbished from the Tivo site)
    yes, i attemped to install ftp, etc on the tivo by put tivotools.bin into the hack directory and making changes to the .rc file (attempting to make the telnet server run on boot)...i realized later that the SA2 will ignore these changes and write over the file anyways...I dont think this could be part of the problem, but you would know...
    yes, i think...i've backed it up and tested the backup and it worked fine. I have a copy of the backup as well.
    4.0.1b-01-2-240
    yes, it has been recieving service and calling in regularly (at least 5 times)
    na...i wasn't attempting to restore, but rather to add functionality!
    ERR: FAT32 not on hda
    n/a
    haha
    n/a
    n/a
    Belkin Wireless Adapter on the Tivo approved list (works fine now)
    16) Which network drivers did you choose to install?
    n/a

Thanks again,

enjoying_tivo

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch
    Sleeper
    I reported an earlier problem that I thought my original image was corrupt while monteing what i thought were HDVR2's. Well these units actualy turned out to be the newer Hughes S-DVR40s. I'm hereing that they have some sort of RID chip that makes them tougher to hack. Do you know if your ISO will work with these puppies or has anyone else had problems or solutions for these models. Thanks...Dutch
    Works fine!