Page 76 of 129 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886126 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,140 of 1931

Thread: (DEPRECATED) SLEEPER ISO - Series 2 Scripts for U5, Monte and Prom with many hacks

Quote Originally Posted by quato_dc
    After getting an image of 4.01b (2.4.18) I have run Sleepers ISO and gotten through all the steps. I am trying to get 4.0 (or 4.01) running on my HDVR2. I have ethernet working and serial access to the box.

I did get the error 51 message, and also my remote control does not work? I have been trying to search for related messages, but so far, I have either missed them, or I'm just too tired to read straight. Any Suggestions for thing to try. (I can't even clean and erase the system because I can't hit the thumb down button!)

Thanks for any help

Quato_DC

----edited to add---
    Just to make sure I didn't fry anything.. the remote works fine if I install the original hdvr back in the box.

You have used an image from a different brand of SA Tivo, therefore it doesn't recognise your remote. There has been some discussion of editing some parameters so an image will recognise another remote, but it went over my head. (Try searching the 4.01 on DirecTiVo thread). 51killer.tcl will clear the Error 51.

PlainBill
    There's a difference between needing help, and just being plain ole' lazy.

"You cannot teach a man anything. You can only help him find it for himself." Galileo Galilei (1564-1642)

HR20-700 with 2 TB, HR22-100, HR22-100, HR22-100, HR23-100 all running 0x5cd and networked.

Your remote should work with 4.01b. It was the T60 remote that we are still having trouble enabling on a DSR7000 with 4.01b. The 4.01b image might be set to remote address 0 (not set), and maybe your remote is set to 1 ? Check that out.
    If a goldfish should want a vacation, who would know?

Question 4.01b image from sony on HDVR

Quote Originally Posted by SR712
    Your remote should work with 4.01b. It was the T60 remote that we are still having trouble enabling on a DSR7000 with 4.01b. The 4.01b image might be set to remote address 0 (not set), and maybe your remote is set to 1 ? Check that out.
    Ok, so I must be missing something that is obvious.
    I checked the system info and it lists my remote as 1. On my other HDVR I set my remote and Tivo to remote address 1 by:
    Holding down "TIVO" and "Pause" until the led was on.. then pressed 1 then right. Now my 3.1 HDVR2 lists remote as 1 and my 4.01b HDVR2 also lists as remote 1. Still no luck with the remote working.

Does it matter what brand of tivo I got the image from. I believe it was a sony originally.

TIA Quato_DC

Ok, so I must be missing something that is obvious.
    I checked the system info and it lists my remote as 1. On my other HDVR I set my remote and Tivo to remote address 1 by:
    Holding down "TIVO" and "Pause" until the led was on.. then pressed 1 then right. Now my 3.1 HDVR2 lists remote as 1 and my 4.01b HDVR2 also lists as remote 1. Still no luck with the remote working.

Does it matter what brand of tivo I got the image from. I believe it was a sony originally.

TIA Quato_DC
    Another thing to check is whether the white ribbon cable that goes to the front panel near the back of the hard drive might have been knocked loose when you removed the drive.

Cable is fine.. Installed old drive and remote worked on that unit.. put new drive back in and no go.. IR receiver works.. but doesn't recognize my remote in 4.0. If I had a sony remote, I would just program it into my MX-500 learning remote..

<SNIP>

TIA Quato_DC
    Yes. Sony remotes typically use different codes than others.

PlainBill

"You cannot teach a man anything. You can only help him find it for himself." Galileo Galilei (1564-1642)

HR20-700 with 2 TB, HR22-100, HR22-100, HR22-100, HR23-100 all running 0x5cd and networked.

Quote Originally Posted by webwide
    I am already reinstalling but I sure wish there was some way to step into the install process in mid-stream without having to do the entire backup/restore thing first.
    There is. Just skip the backup and restore phases. Read the prompts.

I've been looking all over to figure out what the heck URL to use for the TiVoWeb interface. Page 69. That's a lot of reading! Glad I ran across it.

Quote Originally Posted by NutKase
    Yes, tivo is sending you a software update. It's 4.0.1b

You can prove that by pulling up tivoweb

http://yourip/mfs/SwSystem

and you'll see the new version.

NutKase

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper
    There is. Just skip the backup and restore phases. Read the prompts.
    But once I had run all the phases it wouldn't let me just skip backup or restore phases......I tried. Perhaps I screwed something up. Oh well, I'm telnetting and FTP-ing over my LAN now so I'm happy

35 copying shows

I could have sworn that I read *somewhere* in this crazy thread that show files are NOT copied over in the backup or restore phases. OK, no big deal, I'll pull them off of my original TiVo drive after I get the new one up.

But here I am copying them off of the new drive onto my Windoze drive via MFS_FTP and I haven't touched my original TiVo drive since the backup phase! Is this normal? Did I just imagine it? Am I smoking crack?

Quote Originally Posted by tommy78
    I tried it 3 times and it always quits back to the main menu with no error or warning when it gets to the part where it replaces initrd on /dev/hdc3, there is a message for a split second but too fast to read it and then it goes back to the main menu. When I try the drive in the Tivo it gets to the almost there message and reboots, forever.
    I had the same problem once or twice. What I think the problem was that the restore and backup didn't use the same program. Directories or file names didn't mach. Did the backup and restore with same program, it worked oK.
    Now I can't transfer from my other S2 to this one.
    Antalo

scripts did put mfs_ftp

the script did not seem to copy the mfs_ftp files into there directory.

Quote Originally Posted by ScriptMaster
    the script did not seem to copy the mfs_ftp files into there directory.
    I take it you did not comprehend the first message in this thread, which contains "PLEASE READ THIS THREAD BEFORE USING - ESPECIALLY THE PART ABOUT THE REPORTED PROBLEMS OTHER PEOPLE HAVE HAD".

Because then you would have seen his explanation that he had removed mfs_ftp from TiVoScripts at the author's request.

PlainBill

Question How do I reconfig Ip address from bash?

Is that possible..I botched the IP setup during install of the sleeper iso.

(none):/var/tmp$ ifconfig eth0
    eth0 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr 00:10:60:25:7A:4E
    unspec addr:[NONE SET] Bcast:[NONE SET] Mask:[NONE SET]
    BROADCAST MULTICAST MTU:1500 Metric:1
    RX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
    TX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0 coll:0

This is my second late night ( i do work swings, so it's not that late ). But I've managed to bash via serial connection. I have a Linksys USB200, though as you can see above I missed setting up the IP config. Can I recofigure the Tivo Ip address from bash prompt, or should I just reinstall the Sleeper iso?

Sleeper..thanks so much for putting up this information and iso..fantastic!!

Ultimately, I wanna be able to transfer video to my pc for dvd backup. Especially now that F1 and motogp is just starting up

tia
    Greubin

If you've got a serial connection, you can fix this without pulling the hard drive. The settings are in /etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit.author. I'd suggest remounting the drive rw, editing the file in vi, then saving it and restarting the system. Consider it a learning opportunity .

PlainBill