Page 85 of 129 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,275 of 1931

Thread: (DEPRECATED) SLEEPER ISO - Series 2 Scripts for U5, Monte and Prom with many hacks

29 No USB

OK I tried it again for fun before returning the hard drive I ran the surgary and it comes back on in the Tivo. However the usb is not activated or somthing any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper
    I have seen partiton 16 not created properly due to a bad disk. This is where the romfs resides. Post the serial output when the Tivo boots. You will see what is happening.
    When the Tivo boots at first the TV is missy, then the normal boot seqance starts, I dont see any out put.

Problems at initrd

Hoping someone can help me - I downloaded a 4.0 version and have mfsrestored it to a 160 Gig drive - at that point it works in my HDVR2... put it back into my PC and began the remainder of the Monte scripts (TivoScripts 1.02) and run into an error which abandons the script:

Didn't find anything!
    ERROR: initrd not successfully replaced.
    Aborting Installation!
    Installation Script aborted!

1.) What script did you run? Prom or Monte?
    == MONTE
    2.) If you ran the Prom script, who soldered your prom into your Tivo?

3.) What model is your unit?
    == HDVR2
    4.) How big is the original hard drive?
    == didn't back up with scripts - used a downloaded 4.0b image
    5.) Is or has your original hard drive been hacked before.
    == didn't have an original - see above
    6.) Have you ever performed a mfsrestore to your original hard drive?
    == again as above
    7.) What version of software is running on your original hard drive?
    == as above - downloaded S2-40-4-0b.bak and restored
    8. ) Has your box been subbed, receiving DVR service and DTV if it's a DTivo?
    == YES
    9.) What size is the drive that your are restoring to?
    == 160 Gig
    10.) Were there any error messages when running the scripts and exactly what did they say. If you are not sure then perform the entire operation again before posting.
    == Please see at top in Navy Blue

11.) Include the text captured from your terminal (hyperterminal) where the error occurred in your post.
    == Haven't made it to BASH
    12.) Did you spill coffee on your Tivo while you had it open? Just kidding?
    == OH NO!!
    13.) Did you test the drive in your tivo after the RESTORE phase and before the SURGERY phase? Did it work?
    == Yes except that it couldn't play the numerous recordings that this backup image had, also the Parental Controls bug-a-boo came up, I also remember it reporting an issue with Channel Lineup

14.) Did you test the drive in your tivo after the SURGERY phase and before the FINAL (HACKS) phase? Did it work?
    == Didn't get to that point

15.) What model USB newtork adapter are you using?
    == Linksys USB200M (the 4.0 software picked up an IP address just fine)
    16) Which network drivers did you choose to install?
    == Not Applicable - version 4.0 code

Sincerely,
    Dazed and Confused

P.S. trying it in the Tivo just hangs me at the welcome screen - no surprise

P.P.S to restore the image I used the following:
    mfsrestore -s 127 -xzpi /cdrive/tivo/S2-40-4-0b.bak /dev/hdc
    (uncompressed backup size was 812 megabytes)

P.P.P.S I'm not having a lot of success finding out where / what I need to do to patch 4.0 to get it to work - the kernal and tivoapp right??
    Last edited by Stephanie; 04-22-2004 at 09:27 PM. Reason: added the Restore command I used

Stephanie,

By any chance have you previously run Sleeper's TiVoScripts with the same fat32 drive?

In any case, I recommend the following steps to get you back on track:
    1. Restore the 4.0 image just as you have already done.
    2. Stick it in the TiVo, run Clear and Delete Everything. (The recordings don't exist, and you couldn't play them anyway unless they were recorded unscrambled).
    3. (Optional) Let it reboot and run guided setup.
    4. Delete (or rename) all files in the /cdrive/tivo directory.
    5. Put the drive back in the pc, and run Backup.
    6. Reboot the PC, skip Restore, but run Surgery.
    7. Back to the TiVo for testing.
    8. Back to the PC for surgery
    9. Back to the TiVo.

Scan this thread for changes that have to be made when using TiVoScripts on a DirecTiVo running 4.0.

PlainBill
    There's a difference between needing help, and just being plain ole' lazy.

"You cannot teach a man anything. You can only help him find it for himself." Galileo Galilei (1564-1642)

HR20-700 with 2 TB, HR22-100, HR22-100, HR22-100, HR23-100 all running 0x5cd and networked.

Thanks Bill

I'll give that a try - yes I have a couple of 3.1 versions on the FAT32 hard drive - I'll delete them.

BTW last night, prior to reading your post, I tried restoring the image to the new Tivo Hard Drive then ran Monte as if that was the orig drive (with the backup - against what I later read not to do this) and it worked through the scripts without an error - with the exception of the warning that it smelled like the orig. hard drive

I haven't been able to try out this new drive yet but will when I get home from school. I've found the patch that Sleeper put for the program encryption - I'll keep looking for the TivoApp / Kernal patch - haven't found out where they are, only read that I have to install them.

Thanks again!! - Stephanie

Red face Please help with the USB Network

1.) What script did you run? Prom or Monte?
    Monte

2.) If you ran the Prom script, who soldered your prom into your Tivo?
    N/A

3.) What model is your unit?
    Hughes HDRVR2-40

4.) How big is the original hard drive?
    40MB Maxtor

5.) Is or has your original hard drive been hacked before.
    No

6.) Have you ever performed a mfsrestore to your original hard drive?
    No

7.) What version of software is running on your original hard drive?
    3.1.1c

8. ) Has your box been subbed, receiving DVR service and DTV if it's a DTivo?
    Yes

9.) What size is the drive that your are restoring to?
    120Gig Western Digital

10.) Were there any error messages when running the scripts and exactly what did they say. If you are not sure then perform the entire operation again before posting.
    No

11.) Include the text captured from your terminal (hyperterminal) where the error occurred in your post.
    No errors

12.) Did you spill coffee on your Tivo while you had it open? Just kidding?
    No.

13.) Did you test the drive in your tivo after the RESTORE phase and before the SURGERY phase? Did it work?
    Yes, it works after restore, but surgery causes the problem.

14.) Did you test the drive in your tivo after the SURGERY phase and before the FINAL (HACKS) phase? Did it work?
    No I said ok to all the hacks during Surgery

15.) What model USB newtork adapter are you using?
    USB network adapter is a Belkin USB 10/100 Ethernet Adapter. , Style # F5D5050 , is this the wrong type? The Tivi web site has it on the list.

16) Which network drivers did you choose to install?
    Out of the 2 options I picked the ax8817x
    and used
    ifconfig eth0 192.168.0.33 broadcast 192.168.0.255 netmask 255.255.255.0
    route add default gw 192.168.0.1 netmask 0.0.0.0 metric 1

The light on the Belkin does not come on therefore I donít thing the Tivo has the wright drver.
    However when the Tivo boots up the first time after running the Hack it does have some ugly boot screens, then after it runs a moment to goes crazy for a moment like some one is pushing buttons on the remote.
    I read here somewhere that was normal. Could I please et some help with the USB network deal.
    Last edited by deeder; 04-23-2004 at 03:27 PM.

Can you verify that I'm doing the right thing?

Guys,

I printed out this entire post (gulp) it filled up a Large 3 ring binder and my eyes are about to pop - got through about 60% reading backwards. I think I have the correct procedure to finish my 4.0 install on my HDVR2 but would appreciate a sanity check as I stayed up all night reading :

So far I have successfully restored the downloaded 4.0 version that I thought was 4.01b - it turns out that the System Information reports that it is 4.0-01-2-240 (not the 01b ) I did a clear and delete everything and it worked fine. Left it plugged in overnight and got back my local channels. So far so good right?

Now I'm ready to return the drive to my PC which I've cleared the /cdrive/tivo/ subdirectory on. I'm planning on running the scripts per PlainBill's instructions above, when I finish I was going to apply the patches for scrambling and the parental controls (after first "bashing in" on the serial port after booting the freshly scripted drive and commenting out the kmem, and the ifconfig and route ip commands - tivoweb too right?) I'm also assuming that when I run the scripts that I should select StandAlone at the ethernet driver section so that they don't get added.

One confusing part is should I go in and apply the patches per Sleepers post on tivoapp patches or is it better to ftp over the specific tpm's which I can't the moment find the post for.

Did I forget anything else? Thanks again guys - sorry for the long post I really appreciate all of your help!! PlainBill thanks for keeping me going and not giving away the farm - this is an incredible learning experience for me. Sleeper you rock!! the scripts and your dedication are outstanding!!

-- Stephanie
    Last edited by Stephanie; 04-25-2004 at 11:29 PM.

wireless adapters with Sleepers ISO

Are there any wireless adapters supported by the current Sleeper ISO? I've hunted but dont see clear answers.

All adapters that tivo supports to my knowledge.
    I use a linksys wireless B usb adapter with a wireless G router.
    Worked right away with sleeper'd tivo SA2

Usb

Quote Originally Posted by alm450
    All adapters that tivo supports to my knowledge.
    I use a linksys wireless B usb adapter with a wireless G router.
    Worked right away with sleeper'd tivo SA2
    Yes at last I returned my hard drive and redone the ISO worked great, but still no USB, I exchanged the Belky grap for the LINKSYS and the light works and all things seemed great. The roughter even shows that the conection is there, however I cant seem to ping it or make a conection to it in windows. I am getting closer all the time.

I've made a cable but not had a chance to capture output yet after surgery. Assuming it's my drive is there any way to work-around this. I can't return this drive.

Ok I got the serial output. It does in fact seem to be a problem with romfs. For this particular log I was running the non-delayed romfs, but I have tried the delayed one and got the same behavior (I didn't get a serial out from it though to be sure).

It seems I can in fact exchange the drive. Should I do that?

thanks for the help!

Loading R5432 MMU routines.
    CPU revision is: 00005430
    Primary instruction cache 32kb, linesize 32 bytes.
    Primary data cache 32kb, linesize 32 bytes.
    Linux version 2.4.4-TiVo-3.0 (build@buildmaster10) (gcc version 3.0) #27 Sat Sep
    28 21:47:44 PDT 2002
    Determined physical RAM map:
    memory: 03e24000 @ 001dc000 (usable)
    Initial ramdisk at: 0x8014b000 (592265 bytes)
    On node 0 totalpages: 16384
    zone(0): 16384 pages.
    zone(1): 0 pages.
    zone(2): 0 pages.
    Kernel command line: root=/dev/hda4 dsscon=true console=2,115200 BASH_ENV=`mount
    $IFS-n$IFS/dev/hda16$IFS/mnt;echo$IFS/mnt/runmonte`
    Monotonic time calibrated: 81.00 counts per usec
    Calibrating delay loop... 161.38 BogoMIPS
    Contiguous region 0: 8388608 bytes
    Contiguous region 1: 1048576 bytes
    Contiguous region 2: 10485760 bytes
    Contiguous region of 19922944 bytes reserved at 0x80d00000.
    Memory: 43140k/63632k available (1029k kernel code, 20492k reserved, 71k data, 6
    0k init)
    Dentry-cache hash table entries: 8192 (order: 4, 65536 bytes)
    Buffer-cache hash table entries: 4096 (order: 2, 16384 bytes)
    Page-cache hash table entries: 16384 (order: 4, 65536 bytes)
    Inode-cache hash table entries: 4096 (order: 3, 32768 bytes)
    Checking for 'wait' instruction... unavailable.
    POSIX conformance testing by UNIFIX
    PCI: Probing PCI hardware
    ttyS00 at iomem 0xb4100100 (irq = 79) is a 16550A
    ttyS00 at port 0xbc010000 (irq = 133) is a unknown
    ttyS00 at iomem 0xb4100140 (irq = 81) is a 16550A
    ttyS00 at iomem 0xb4100120 (irq = 80) is a 16550A
    Linux NET4.0 for Linux 2.4
    Based upon Swansea University Computer Society NET3.039
    Starting kswapd v1.8
    block: queued sectors max/low 28554kB/9518kB, 128 slots per queue
    RAMDISK driver initialized: 16 RAM disks of 4096K size 1024 blocksize
    Uniform Multi-Platform E-IDE driver Revision: 6.31
    ide: Assuming 33MHz system bus speed for PIO modes; override with idebus=xx
    hda: ST3120026A, ATA DISK drive
    ide0 at 0x400-0x407,0x438 on irq 87
    hda: 234441648 sectors (120034 MB) w/8192KiB Cache, CHS=232581/16/63<7>fpga_ide_
    dmaproc: unsupported ide_dma_verbose func: 11

Partition check:
    hda: [mac] hda1 hda2 hda3 hda4 hda5 hda6 hda7 hda8 hda9 hda10 hda11 hda12 hda13
    hda14 hda15 hda16
    RAMDISK: Compressed image found at block 0
    Freeing initrd memory: 578k freed
    Serial driver version 5.05a (2001-03-20) with MANY_PORTS SHARE_IRQ SERIAL_PCI en
    abled
    ttyS00 at 0x0100 (irq = 79) is a 16550A
    ttyS01 at 0xbc010000 (irq = 133) is a unknown
    ttyS02 at 0x0140 (irq = 81) is a 16550A
    ttyS03 at 0x0120 (irq = 80) is a 16550A
    PPP generic driver version 2.4.1
    PPP Deflate Compression module registered
    NET4: Linux TCP/IP 1.0 for NET4.0
    IP Protocols: ICMP, UDP, TCP
    IP: routing cache hash table of 512 buckets, 4Kbytes
    TCP: Hash tables configured (established 4096 bind 8192)
    NET4: Unix domain sockets 1.0/SMP for Linux NET4.0.
    VFS: Mounted root (romfs filesystem) readonly.
    Running as /linuxrc - autoscan!
    Loading signatures file
    1591 valid entries loaded
    Scan /mnt
    /mnt - can't open directory: Not a directory
    The filesystem needs to be repaired
    At this point we will repair the filesystem
    Scan /mnt
    /mnt - can't open directory: Not a directory
    Iteration complete
    Restarting system.

tired,

Get Seagate's drive utility disk. Try setting the drive's bios to report slightly smaller than it currently is. Then try RESTORE and SURGERY. Hopefully, you will bypass the bad sectors on the drive.

S.

DSR704 120GB Maxtor, sets at welcome screen.

All right just to test this out at first I got my tivo setup from it's 40GB maxtor drive to a 60GB ibm drive. I don't plan on keeping that though, I just used it to make sure I could hack it all right before I went out and bought drives. I went out to Best Buy and bought 2 120GB WD Hard Drives and I copied my image and proceeded with the hacks like I did with the 60GB IBM. When I put the drive in, all i get is it sticking at the welcome screen. After about 4 hours of frustration I decided maybe the Tivo wasn't getting along with the WD drives so I exchanged them for maxtor 120GB drives. I get the same thing with these drives as well. From what I read I should be able to put 120GB drives in without any problems, but it just won't work with these drives. I tried making the image with both drives for 240GB, and I have also tried it with 1 drive at a time. Anyone know what my problem here may be. I used the monte option for the sleeper iso to get my tivo setup.

Thanks

Arrow

Well, hats off to Compusa for not giving me any trouble exchanging the seagate drive even though it was outside their return period. Thats the good news. The bad news is that now I get the dreaded:

Boot failed reason=60
    Ram size = 64
    Service number is 1510000A041C7D0.
    What is password?

Same problem description answers I posted earlier, but with the new drive I get this text above instead of the cycling Welcome it just stays on the first one. I've done it 3 times from restore and I'm about to try it from backup, but it always works fine after restore. I've tried both standard and delayed romfs to no avail.

One improvement over the last drive is that one reported only 105 hours and this one says 126. Identical drive so go figure. I've found about 25 cases of Boot failed reason=60 issue in this forum. Generally it seems the boot wasn't flipped properly, but I can't seem to do any better. There are some suggestions about using a different romfs not on the ISO, but that may be beyond me at the moment. I ran pdisk after alt-f2 and from my limited knowledge it looked fine. When the ISO dd's the romfs it says "0+1" records twice. Is that correct?

Technically I'm not getting as far as I did with the first disk.

Thanks for the help.