Page 101 of 129 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 1931

Thread: (DEPRECATED) SLEEPER ISO - Series 2 Scripts for U5, Monte and Prom with many hacks

Well, to commemorate the 1500th post in this thread, I'd like to announce a wiki page where I hope people will help out and condense some of this info into a more easily usable form.

The wiki page is at: http://alt.org/wiki/index.php/TivoScripts

It's just starting out, so please roll up your sleeves and share your hard-earned knowledge and experience.

Quote Originally Posted by BTUx9
    Well, to commemorate the 1500th post in this thread, I'd like to announce a wiki page where I hope people will help out and condense some of this info into a more easily usable form.

The wiki page is at: http://alt.org/wiki/index.php/TivoScripts

It's just starting out, so please roll up your sleeves and share your hard-earned knowledge and experience.
    I referenced the WIKI in the first page of this thread. Thanks to BTUx9 for all his hard work.

I think the wiki is the best collaborative tool for anyone and everyone in the hacking community.

Please support the WIKI by using it or adding to it.

Still cant get it to boot and I don't have the adapters for serial to PC cable, nor the extra cash to buy them

It just freezes at welcome, powering up screen

So I used the ISO to enhance my Hughes SD-DVR40 to have a larger hard drive and to enable USB so I can use my nic. So far everything is great, except it cannot make a test call. I set the dialing prefix to ,#410. Is there anything that would have disabled that?

I disabled sort,sps30, and callfixsub.sh since I'm fine with it making calls over the network.

ok sleeper i managed to find some adapters here that work for the serial port. basically after trying the monte NOTHING at all happens on the tivo when it boots...theres nothing that it sends to the serial port

one weird thing I noticed is that after one of the steps, it just goes back to the main menu...this is during the "surgery" phase without saying success or fail. is this normal?

edit: its the step that has to do with the initrtd. also after it goes back to the menu, pressing m just goes back to start of surgery phase instead of to hack phase
    Last edited by dualfragment; 06-23-2004 at 02:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sirfergy
    So I used the ISO to enhance my Hughes SD-DVR40 to have a larger hard drive and to enable USB so I can use my nic. So far everything is great, except it cannot make a test call. I set the dialing prefix to ,#410. Is there anything that would have disabled that?

I disabled sort,sps30, and callfixsub.sh since I'm fine with it making calls over the network.
    AFAIK, the dialing prefix ,#410 only works for v4+. v3.x isn't really designed to have network capability, so wouldn't support it.

edit: Did some more research, and it was introduced in 3.0, so even though it's 3.1(dtivo only) it will hopefully work. The issue is that the code is actually ,#401. Try that code, and see if it works.
    P.S. why do you want to make a test call?

Quote Originally Posted by dualfragment
    ok sleeper i managed to find some adapters here that work for the serial port. basically after trying the monte NOTHING at all happens on the tivo when it boots...theres nothing that it sends to the serial port

one weird thing I noticed is that after one of the steps, it just goes back to the main menu...this is during the "surgery" phase without saying success or fail. is this normal?

edit: its the step that has to do with the initrtd. also after it goes back to the menu, pressing m just goes back to start of surgery phase instead of to hack phase
    Others have had trouble with tivoscripts skipping steps, and it's sometimes been because they had files from a previous attempt. Try going to the fat32 drive, remove any files other than the backup, then try to monte again, starting at the restore phase. (not really safe to start at backup phase if you're not sure of the state of your tivo drive)
    Last edited by BTUx9; 06-23-2004 at 01:52 PM.

the fat32 drive was completely formatted though before use...and the first try it failed to boot my tivo up. is there a step after the initrtd step in the surgery phase?

ill go try deleting everything except for the img file (img is all the backup is, correct?) and see if it works, but i dont see how it could make a difference since the first try didnt work

could it be a problem with the amount of space available on the HD?

used an old HD i had laying around and its only like 840 MB. it holds the backup image though
    Last edited by dualfragment; 06-23-2004 at 03:09 AM.

the fat32 drive was completely formatted though before use...and the first try it failed to boot my tivo up. is there a step after the initrtd step in the surgery phase?

ill go try deleting everything except for the img file (img is all the backup is, correct?) and see if it works, but i dont see how it could make a difference since the first try didnt work

could it be a problem with the amount of space available on the HD?

used an old HD i had laying around and its only like 840 MB. it holds the backup image though
    Looking back at your previous posts, I see that this is from an old backup you had. If this backup was done AFTER you monted your drive, then I'm afraid you've got a real problem, because when you use standard mfstools to backup a monted drive, it creates an unusable backup. Your best bet may be to locate an s2 sa image (from the image begging thread) and restore that.

actually its from a backup i just did...basically what happened was that my old monte was only 4.0 and some update came and screwed up guide data. i set upgradesoftware=true to force update

i then got the backup from that point. is this bad?

thanks for help btw

the skipping step during surgery is my problem I think but I dont know how to fix it. it never does the monte it just stops after the initrtd step.

actually its from a backup i just did...basically what happened was that my old monte was only 4.0 and some update came and screwed up guide data. i set upgradesoftware=true to force update

i then got the backup from that point. is this bad?

thanks for help btw

the skipping step during surgery is my problem I think but I dont know how to fix it. it never does the monte it just stops after the initrtd step.
    Others have had trouble forcing an update, and then not being able to re-sleeper, but I don't remember if the problem was identified. As I said earlier, your best bet may be to find/restore someone else's backup. If you know your way around linux and tivo, you could look at the bootpage and root partition, to get a better idea of what's happening, or even running the killinitrd yourself, to see if it's returning an error.

hrm k thanks...guess i need to find an image then

Quote Originally Posted by BTUx9
    AFAIK, the dialing prefix ,#410 only works for v4+. v3.x isn't really designed to have network capability, so wouldn't support it.
    My series 1 SA w/ CacheCard does it just fine.
    Last edited by sirfergy; 06-23-2004 at 12:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sirfergy

s/b

#,401 (not 410)

Moving ToDo list

Is there any way to move my ToDo list from my old tivo to my new hacked 120gig drive tivo?

I believe the only way to do that is to backup all you wishlists & season passes (manually or with the tivoweb modual)... Then restore them...

You todo list should repopulate within a day or so...

Hope that helps