Page 97 of 129 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899107 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,455 of 1931

Thread: (DEPRECATED) SLEEPER ISO - Series 2 Scripts for U5, Monte and Prom with many hacks

Quote Originally Posted by philhu
    I might be dense, and I've read the entire (well mostly all) of the thread....How do you run it?
    the iso is a bootable image... you set your bios to boot from cd.

philhu: all those answers are at the beginning of this thread.
    1) you want monte, prom is only for those physically altering the prom
    2) your drive config is correct... secondary slave is only used in 2-drive backups... after the backup, you swap out secondary master, and put in the new, empty drive
    3) it does automatically expand the image to use up space on a larger drive
    Last edited by BTUx9; 06-15-2004 at 02:25 PM.

Home Media Option For Directv Tivo

Does your work activate the USB ports on the Directv Tivo unit to allow for Home Media Option Networking? Now that it is a free feature would love to use it. Thanks and great work, Dan

Smile list of scripts?

Is there are word or txt file that lists all of the scripts that Sleepers tivoscript does? I'm trying to follow along and would like a copy to manually run for debugging.

Amphion

Thumbs up I'm dumb, but now kinda smart

Figured out what I did.
    Used the Pegasus driver set instead of the ax8817x driver set. Telneting and FTPing.

I'm use to using the old hack by Corbelli. Where are the tivoweb and others in the drive?

Amphion.
    PS. Thanks Sleeper!!

Quote Originally Posted by amphion
    I'm use to using the old hack by Corbelli. Where are the tivoweb and others in the drive?
    The versions are not current on tivoscripts... best to grab latest from their home threads and install them.

Quote Originally Posted by DanjCQ
    Does your work activate the USB ports on the Directv Tivo unit to allow for Home Media Option Networking? Now that it is a free feature would love to use it. Thanks and great work, Dan
    If you have version 4+ of tivo s/w, the usb ports should already be active.
    HMO is not avail on s/w pre-4.x

Question

Does Sleepers program install the hack that turns of the encryption?

Quote Originally Posted by gillenr
    Does Sleepers program install the hack that turns of the encryption?
    On dtivos, it installs kmem, which disables encryption, but leaves the CSO keys set and doesn't allow playback of encrypted streams... It's best, IMHO, to remove the kmem, and install the noCSO tivoapp patch (and use csoscout.tcl to clean up existing streams, if there are some that no longer play)

As far as SA tivos (or their s/w), I'm not sure... I believe it applies the old tivoapp patches to disable encryption similar to the kmem patch, but when a friend recently sleepered 4.0.1b-02, it wasn't able to play back the streams. Still, it was fixed by applying the noCSO patch as above.

UPDATE: after some further research, my SA info above isn't quite accurate.
    tivoscripts does put in the kmem patch, which does cause the tivo to disable encryption, but the 4.x tivoapp needs to be patched to play those streams (because the CSO is still set). Because of this, it makes more sense to just remove the kmem line and apply the noCSO patch to tivoapp for 4.x users.
    Last edited by BTUx9; 06-17-2004 at 03:13 AM.

Network drivers list?

Hi Sleeper,

I used the Sleeper ISO (1.02) and it works like a charm! Great job!

One of the things that is still missing in this thread (I think) is a compatibility list of the network drivers. Do you have such a list? Or did I miss the proper thread in this forum?

I think newbies might be helped greatly with such a list.
    I'm using a LinkSys USB200M (I think I used the ax8817x driver - not sure anymore), but it took me some tries to find the right one ...

Thanks for the great work!

Hans

Quote Originally Posted by HanzaPlastiQue
    Hi Sleeper,

I used the Sleeper ISO (1.02) and it works like a charm! Great job!

One of the things that is still missing in this thread (I think) is a compatibility list of the network drivers. Do you have such a list? Or did I miss the proper thread in this forum?

I think newbies might be helped greatly with such a list.
    I'm using a LinkSys USB200M (I think I used the ax8817x driver - not sure anymore), but it took me some tries to find the right one ...

Thanks for the great work!

Hans
    The list is in a different thread. You might search based on the driver name and a network adapter name.
    Malfunct

HDVR2 - 120hours - Extraction enabled
    SD-DVR40 - Unhacked (for now)

I need help...

First of all im using a SA 40 gig unit. I ran the scripts using the m option. I successfully backed up the original and restored it to another 40 gig drive. I tested after the restore and it worked fine. I ran the surgery and final installation on the unit and both finished without errors. However, when i try to boot the tv up it sticks on the powering up page. I checked the jumper and reseeded all cable and tried again but with no better results. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Sorry i have no hyper terminal report to share.

Quote Originally Posted by gillenr
    First of all im using a SA 40 gig unit. I ran the scripts using the m option. I successfully backed up the original and restored it to another 40 gig drive. I tested after the restore and it worked fine. I ran the surgery and final installation on the unit and both finished without errors. However, when i try to boot the tv up it sticks on the powering up page. I checked the jumper and reseeded all cable and tried again but with no better results. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Sorry i have no hyper terminal report to share.
    You may have to get and connect a serial cable. It's possible to look at the logs from the tivo, by mounting the drive on a PC, but much of the information isn't even there, because those logs rely on the HD being mounted and working, whereas the info output to the serial port occurs much earlier in the boot process.

BTW, which powering up page does it stick on, the 1st or 2nd?

USB Ethernet trouble

Sorry for the noob question but I can't really find a good explanation for this.

I have a Philips DSR704. I successfully upgraded the drive to a 160 Maxtor using sleepers scripts. I think they were too easy in that I didn't really learn what was going on. So, now I want to get ethernet access. I shut down the unit. Plugged in a USB200M and connecte it to a switch. I booted up the tivo and I get no lights on the USB adapter. I assume the next step is too look at the console messages on bootup. that is my next question, I found a diagram for a serial cable and am going to build that tonight. If I connect to the serial port via hyperterm will there be a terminal session running on that port on a drive that was prepared using sleeper's monte scripts?

thx

Need Help....

Quote Originally Posted by BTUx9
    You may have to get and connect a serial cable. It's possible to look at the logs from the tivo, by mounting the drive on a PC, but much of the information isn't even there, because those logs rely on the HD being mounted and working, whereas the info output to the serial port occurs much earlier in the boot process.

BTW, which powering up page does it stick on, the 1st or 2nd?

It is getting stuck on the 1st powering up page. BTW, i restored and tried again but this time ran the delayed romfs and tested after the surgery with the same results. Is there a store where i can buy one of those cable? Or do they have to ordered online or made? Once i have the cable how do i hook it up so i can see the log?

Thanks for your help, sorry im such a noob.

re: need help

Here's a link I found to a diagram on how to build your own cable. I am off to radio shack tonight.

http://www.tivohelp.com/archive/tivo...iki.net/6.html

Serial....

Quote Originally Posted by rshackleford
    Here's a link I found to a diagram on how to build your own cable. I am off to radio shack tonight.

http://www.tivohelp.com/archive/tivo...iki.net/6.html
    If i have the serial cable that came with the tivo, i still need a null modem adapter and a gender change adapter right? Once i have the cable how do i use it?