Page 98 of 129 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100108 ... LastLast
Results 1,456 to 1,470 of 1931

Thread: (DEPRECATED) SLEEPER ISO - Series 2 Scripts for U5, Monte and Prom with many hacks

Quote Originally Posted by gillenr
    If i have the serial cable that came with the tivo, i still need a null modem adapter and a gender change adapter right? Once i have the cable how do i use it?
    Look at the cable you have now (the one came with your Tivo). Now look at your computer's serial port. If you figure out the proper gender of your Null Modem cable then you wouldn't need an additional gender changer.

After you get the cable, plug the stereo plug end into the "serial" plug on your Tivo, and the other end to your null modem cable, and then plug the other end of null modem cable into your computer. Windows comes with HyperTerminal (Start->Programs->Accessories->Communications->HyperTerminal). And start a new session pointing to your serial port. If you can't get anything on your hyper terminal, you might need to configure it to the proper baud rate. There are threads on that in this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by malfunct
    The list is in a different thread. You might search based on the driver name and a network adapter name.
    I'm trying to either compile a list or see if somebody allready started compiling a list with compatble devices and which driver to use for that.
    This would help newbies (like me) very much. Either to select the proper USB adapter or to select the driver suitable for the one they already have.

A question that has probably been answered already...

If i want to add a larger hard drive to my tivo is plugging it into secondary master and running the restore from sleepers iso using the original backup all i need to do? Or do i need to Bless it or format first? Also does it automatically pick up the size difference? Once again thanks to anyone who helps and sorry im a noob.

If i want to add a larger hard drive to my tivo is plugging it into secondary master and running the restore from sleepers iso using the original backup all i need to do? Or do i need to Bless it or format first? Also does it automatically pick up the size difference? Once again thanks to anyone who helps and sorry im a noob.
    If you ONLY wants to add a new drive (i,e from 40 gb to 40gb+120gb), not expand a single drive system (i,e from 40 gb to 120gb), then it might be easier for you to follow the Hinsdale's Instructions. But if you want to sleeper later, it might be a bit difficult (2 drives Sleeper might be a bit tricky).

I need help...

I want to replace the original drive from my series 2 SA (40Gb) with a new off the shelf drive (80GB). What are the steps i need to perform? Once again excuse my lack of knowledge on the subject.
    Last edited by gillenr; 06-17-2004 at 08:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rshackleford
    I have a Philips DSR704. I successfully upgraded the drive to a 160 Maxtor using sleepers scripts. I think they were too easy in that I didn't really learn what was going on. So, now I want to get ethernet access. I shut down the unit. Plugged in a USB200M and connecte it to a switch. I booted up the tivo and I get no lights on the USB adapter.
    I did exactly the same thing, and it works fine for me. The key is that you have to have properly answered the networking questions during the scripts, in particular, the one about which device drivers to load. For the USB200M, you want the A19whatever. You then have to specify the proper IP address and mask assignments.

Worked like a charm for me.
    Steve

more serial port questions

Waruwaru,

Could you please point me to a how-to/debug/troubleshooting link for the serial port on an S2 after putting in a sleeper drive?

Your post says that there are threads on this forum but after searching I sure can't find a good how-to on getting bash on serial port or ethernet after running sleeper's scripts.

tia

Quote:
    Originally Posted by rshackleford
    I have a Philips DSR704. I successfully upgraded the drive to a 160 Maxtor using sleepers scripts. I think they were too easy in that I didn't really learn what was going on. So, now I want to get ethernet access. I shut down the unit. Plugged in a USB200M and connecte it to a switch. I booted up the tivo and I get no lights on the USB adapter.

Did u have to prep the new drive at all or did sleepers scripts take care of that for you?

Could you please point me to a how-to/debug/troubleshooting link for the serial port on an S2 after putting in a sleeper drive?
    I googled upon the words baud serial. This only addresses the common problem of not getting anything on serial port due to baud rate settings on your terminal program. But it won't fix the problem if the serial bash isn't working at all.
    Last edited by Waruwaru; 06-17-2004 at 09:15 PM.

Did u have to prep the new drive at all or did sleepers scripts take care of that for you?
    When I hack a friend's Tivo, didn't have to "prep" the 120 gb Seagate drive at all. Just popped it in and Sleeper did everything. But if you have drives larger than 137gb, you might have to limit your drive to the smaller size if you are not using the special kernel.

Quote Originally Posted by Waruwaru
    I googled upon the words baud serial. This only addresses the common problem of not getting anything on serial port due to baud rate settings on your terminal program. But it won't fix the problem if the serial bash isn't working at all.
    Just when you thought you knew everything. I never knew you could point google at a specific site.

Ok, I got the serial port working. I have a USB200M and I chose the Pegasus drivers during the sleeper script. It looks like I need the ax???? (the other driver) for the USB200M. Is this correct?

If so, is there an easy way to get the correct drivers onto the tivo since the ethernet isn't working? or do I need to run sleeper's script again?

tia

If so, is there an easy way to get the correct drivers onto the tivo since the ethernet isn't working? or do I need to run sleeper's script again?
    You can transfer files using zmodem protocol (run rz on the tivo) or you could connect using pppd over the serial (more effort).

Remember that the usbcore.o used for pegasus is different than the usbcore.o used for ax*

Quote Originally Posted by BTUx9
    You can transfer files using zmodem protocol (run rz on the tivo) or you could connect using pppd over the serial (more effort).

Remember that the usbcore.o used for pegasus is different than the usbcore.o used for ax*
    Ok, so next stupid question, I can't seem to find an archive of drivers etc... I am working on mounting the iso image of sleeper's cd on my windows box and trying to find the ax* drivers. Any links to a drivers archive would be helpful.

Ok, so next stupid question, I can't seem to find an archive of drivers etc... I am working on mounting the iso image of sleeper's cd on my windows box and trying to find the ax* drivers. Any links to a drivers archive would be helpful.
    Look for the following on the CD. One contain the proper pegasus driver, and the other contain the proper ax8817x driver

31NET.TGZ
    ETHERNET_DRIVERS.TGZ

Quote Originally Posted by Waruwaru
    Look for the following on the CD. One contain the proper pegasus driver, and the other contain the proper ax8817x driver

31NET.TGZ
    ETHERNET_DRIVERS.TGZ
    Ok, the ETHERNET_DRIVERS has 13 files in it including a pegasus.o and a variety of at*.o files. I know the usbcore.o is different or Pegasus vs. ax*. So is the usbcore in the ETHERNET_DRIVERS file the one I want for a USB200M?

Do I need to copy all of the files in ETHERNET_DRIVERS onto the tivo? which ones should I load on bootup?

I assume I do not need to worry about the 31NET.tgz since it appears to only have the pegasus driver.