Page 118 of 129 FirstFirst ... 1868108116117118119120128 ... LastLast
Results 1,756 to 1,770 of 1931

Thread: (DEPRECATED) SLEEPER ISO - Series 2 Scripts for U5, Monte and Prom with many hacks

  1. #1756
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    WI, USA
    Posts
    24

    Talking Sleeper tutorial

    For those who want to "hack" their DirecTiVo, I updated and finished the tutorial. Please feel free to take a look at the Hack your TiVo with Sleeper Tutotial.

    Comments, suggestions, input of all kinds are most welcome ...

  2. #1757
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Florham Park, NJ
    Posts
    187
    Quote Originally Posted by HanzaPlastiQue
    For those who want to "hack" their DirecTiVo, I updated and finished the tutorial. Please feel free to take a look at the Hack your TiVo with Sleeper Tutotial.

    Comments, suggestions, input of all kinds are most welcome ...
    As of this writing, the link to your tutorial is not working.

  3. #1758
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    339
    the link is working, but I didn't read it to see what its about.

    Isn't the monte method used by the sleeper ISO obsolete?

  4. #1759
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Florham Park, NJ
    Posts
    187
    Quote Originally Posted by AVD
    the link is working, but I didn't read it to see what its about.

    Isn't the monte method used by the sleeper ISO obsolete?
    Perhaps it is if you want to use the standard kernel from your software load, but on the other hand, if you want LBA48 support, you'll need to monte to boot an LBA48 kernel. I believe if you can find a 3.1.5 kernel, you could use it for LBA48 support and just run killlhdinitrd on it also removing the need to monte. I don't think the 3.1.5 kernel is easy to come by and I haven't noticed any posts of anyone using it on a Series 2 unit.

  5. #1760
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    1

    Lightbulb USB100M Doesn't Work with DS7000

    After hours of attempting to get my USB100M to work with a Monte'd DS7000, I finally ran out an picked up a USB200M and BINGO!!

    I had tried the AX drivers and the Pegasus drivers and read through this forum that most people with network issues solved themby moving to the USB200M.

    The question is, has anyone with an S2 DS7000 gotten a USB100M to work on a Monte'd Tivo? If so, what was the trick? Can we claim once and for all that the USB100M is not compatible with AX and/or pegasus?

    RB
    Last edited by RyanBuckner; 08-29-2004 at 06:20 PM. Reason: typo

  6. #1761
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    8

    daily call with monte SA2 40hr

    i installed the mote hacks and when my daily call came about my tivo just restarted, and so i tried to manually do the daily call through the menus, and it said, after it got to processing data, that it failed. any ideas??? all the rest of the hacks work fine....

    apologies if this is in the wrong section..

    thx

    joe

  7. #1762
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Florham Park, NJ
    Posts
    187
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanBuckner
    After hours of attempting to get my USB100M to work with a Monte'd DS7000, I finally ran out an picked up a USB200M and BINGO!!

    I had tried the AX drivers and the Pegasus drivers and read through this forum that most people with network issues solved themby moving to the USB200M.

    The question is, has anyone with an S2 DS7000 gotten a USB100M to work on a Monte'd Tivo? If so, what was the trick? Can we claim once and for all that the USB100M is not compatible with AX and/or pegasus?

    RB
    Isn't the USB100M USB1.1 whereas the USB200M is USB2.0. Is it possible you had the wrong USB drivers loaded. I'm not sure if the USB2.0 drivers are backwards compatible with USB1.1. Does anyone know?

  8. #1763
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by w2kr
    Isn't the USB100M USB1.1 whereas the USB200M is USB2.0. Is it possible you had the wrong USB drivers loaded. I'm not sure if the USB2.0 drivers are backwards compatible with USB1.1. Does anyone know?
    i tried both, my usb100m, and usb200m after sleepering my tivo, and the 100 didnt work, so i tried the usb 2.0 version and it worked like a charm, im guessing that the drivers arent backwards compatible, since the USB200M and USB100M are soo small that their instruction sets on board are rather limited in their cross compatibility....

    but, i cant say for sure...

  9. #1764
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    131
    I have recently hacked my Tivo using the Sleeper CD, and all boots up just fine, but after several minutes of watching, the Tivo goes into a frenzy thinking buttons are being pressed. I captured all of this as well as the boot log to show you guys, so maybe you could tell me what the best direction is. It's not that big of a deal, since I don't restart the Tivo that often, but it might be symptoms of a bigger problem perhaps in the future.

    1.) What script did you run? Prom or Monte?
    Monte

    2.) If you ran the Prom script, who soldered your prom into your Tivo?
    N/A

    3.) What model is your unit?
    RCA-DVR40

    4.) How big is the original hard drive?
    40GB

    5.) Is or has your original hard drive been hacked before.
    No

    6.) Have you ever performed a mfsrestore to your original hard drive?
    Yes

    7.) What version of software is running on your original hard drive?
    3.1.1c

    8. ) Has your box been subbed, receiving DVR service and DTV if it's a DTivo?
    Yes

    9.) What size is the drive that your are restoring to?
    80GB

    10.) Were there any error messages when running the scripts and exactly what did they say. If you are not sure then perform the entire operation again before posting.

    11.) Include the text captured from your terminal (hyperterminal) where the error occurred in your post.
    Linked at bottom

    12.) Did you spill coffee on your Tivo while you had it open? Just kidding?
    Maybe….could that affect something?

    13.) Did you test the drive in your tivo after the RESTORE phase and before the SURGERY phase? Did it work?
    Yes,Yes

    14.) Did you test the drive in your tivo after the SURGERY phase and before the FINAL (HACKS) phase? Did it work?
    No

    15.) What model USB newtork adapter are you using?
    D-Link DSB-650 and Netgear MA-111

    16) Which network drivers did you choose to install?
    Pegasus for D-Link; Prism for Netgear

  10. #1765
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    77
    Quote Originally Posted by AuburnCougar
    I have recently hacked my Tivo using the Sleeper CD, and all boots up just fine, but after several minutes of watching, the Tivo goes into a frenzy thinking buttons are being pressed.
    It's supposed to do that. It's setting things like 30 second skip, Now Playing sort, stuff like that. Check out the last few lines of rc.sysinit.author to see the exact commands it is executing.

    tk

  11. #1766
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    131
    oh ok, thanks, glad I was worried for nothing then.

  12. #1767
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    California
    Posts
    298

    Which partitions are used in Sleeper's ISO script?

    I am trying to figure out just for the heck of it which partitions are used in a sleepered Tivo. I think some of them are:

    6: kernel (?????)
    7: most of the files (except /var)
    9: the /var directory
    10: MFS files

    Also, I think there might be a partition 4, but not sure. Can someone help me with the facts?

  13. #1768
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    221
    Partitions 3 and 4 are used (3,4 or 6,7 are used for the 3.1u5 kernel and minimal filesystem, the alternate is used for the killinitrd'ed kernel and your / filesystem), as well as 16.

    I'd also assume that all the MFS partitions are used...

    Others may be used, I don't know.

  14. #1769
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    California
    Posts
    298
    So let me try to progress with my understanding:

    3: initial 3.1u5 boot kernel (???)
    4: minimal boot file system
    6: 2.4.4 kernel used during normal operations (?????)
    7: most of the files (except /var)
    9: the /var directory
    10: MFS files
    16: (????)

    What is 16 used for? Or are 10-16 all used for MFS files?

  15. #1770
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Posts
    3,108
    Quote Originally Posted by blueman2
    So let me try to progress with my understanding:

    3: initial 3.1u5 boot kernel (???)
    4: minimal boot file system
    6: 2.4.4 kernel used during normal operations (?????)
    7: most of the files (except /var)
    9: the /var directory
    10: MFS files
    16: (????)

    What is 16 used for? Or are 10-16 all used for MFS files?
    16 is an apple free partition, which is where you put the romfs htat is used during the monte process. your understanding otherwise is mostly correct. partition 10 is not mfs files per se, but rather 10-15 are mfs partitions (sometimes 10-13, since 14 is an apple free in some configurations)
    Step one: search button!
    Silly Wabbit, guides are for kids

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •