Page 19 of 129 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969119 ... LastLast

Thread: (DEPRECATED) SLEEPER ISO - Series 2 Scripts for U5, Monte and Prom with many hacks

I'm not only a Newb Tivo hacker, I'm also a Newb to Tivo! Can't wait to see it in action!

The following is my problem. ANY help would be appreciated.

1.) What model is your unit? HUGHES HDVR2

2.) How big is the original hard drive? 40

3.) Is or has your original hard drive been hacked before. NO

4.) Have you ever performed a mfsrestore to your original hard drive? NO

5.) What version of software is running on your original hard drive? 3.1.0

6. ) Has your box been subbed, receiving DVR service and DTV if it's a DTivo? NO, NO, NO

7.) What size is the drive that your are restoring to? 160 gig

8.) Were there any error messages when running the scripts and exactly what did they say. If you are not sure then perform the entire operation again before posting.

YES!!! ERROR: could not find apple free partition on new Tivo drive.

9.) Include the text captured from your terminal (hyperterminal) where the error occurred in your post. N/A

10.) Did you spill coffee on your Tivo while you had it open? Just kidding? NO

11.) Did you test the drive in your tivo after the RESTORE phase and before the SURGERY phase? Did it work? as much as it could w/o subscription

12.) Did you test the drive in your tivo after the SURGERY phase and before the FINAL (HACKS) phase? Did it work? N/A

Okay, maybe I missed it somewhere, but after all these posts I 'm not too shy to ask. What exactly is the FAT32 drive for? Can an existing drive be used or will it lose whats on it?

D

the FAT32 drive is to hold the kernel image, backup, and set the variables for the scripts.
    The script creates a tivo directory on the drive - so you can use an existing drive (just be sure you have enough space)

Spydertech

Thanks.

D

Boot CD

I'm a very newb with this so sorry if this sounds stupid. I download the tivoscripts101.iso file and I burnt it AS IS to a CD using NERO. I have put that CD into two different computer that I know can boot from CD-Rom and are setup to do so, but I have not been able to get it to boot????? Is there a step I am missing, or something else. Both PCs can see the contents of the disc when they are in Windows so I know the image wrote. PLEASE HELP!!!

You need to burn it as an ISO image. In Nero, select the File menu and click on the "Burn Image" option. Navigate to where you stored the tivoscript.iso file and then burn it to CD-R. Set up your PC to boot from your CD-ROM drive and test it out first to make sure it boots up before trying it with your Tivo drive installed.
    Please don't PM me or any other members looking for personal assistance. You'll do better by posting (after you've exhausted the search feature, of course) and taking advantage of the collective expertise of the membership instead of a single individual that may or may not be able to help you. Thank you and enjoy your stay at DDB!

Originally posted by gocuse
    ERROR: could not find apple free partition on new Tivo drive.

Start over from the beginning. That error could only happen if the restore did not complete properly.

Also, you must set that drive's bios to 137.44 GB or less Read this thread for more on that.

Originally posted by NutKase
    Also, users of 4.x software have no need for 'sort' since 4.x includes all the goodies, sort, folders etc.

I will try to make a mental note of this for future release. Of course it will probably fallout by then.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by NutKase
    First you shouldn't have any IP or port reference in .author. None is required.

for mfs_ftp.

Let's not confuse it with the ifconfig ethX IP address.

mfs_ftp has always used 3105 as the port and shouldn't be using 3150 (according to the writer of the program.)

There was an edited mfs_ftp.tcl floating around and posted in the forum that shouldn't be used or at least should NEVER be distributed.

Could you elaborate with at link to the cited posts. Also a link to the latest/correct version would be great for future release.

I have been asked what features/enhancements will be in the next release. Here's the laundry list. Please feel free to suggest things:

a) Smart backup and restore. MFSTools is weak. It won't backup everything - like a monte'd drive or one that's been repartitioned with alldeadhomiez repartitin tool. It also doesn't backup the Apple_Free partition contents and some other issues as well like swap > 128

b) Hopefully monte with the U5 kernel/fs on partitions 2/5. This will allow software upgrades.

c) Using any image to start with - you don't have to start by doing a backup if you have one already.

d) Direct kernel patches for kmem, sps30 and sort if known.

e) Patching of tivoapp for 4.x

f) LBA48 kernel support

g) JJBliss' buffer hack

h) Enabling backdoors

i) Tivoweb for 4.x

j) Message after each phase to tell you that you may want to try your drive before proceeding.

k) Drive configuration (primary/secondary/master/slave)

l) Waring message for those that insist on using the P)rom script instead of the M)onte script.
    Last edited by Sleeper; 11-25-2003 at 11:17 PM.

Dang!
    I'm looking forward to those enhancements!

Thanks again Sleeper for all the work you've been doing!

Spydertech

Originally posted by Sleeper
    Please feel free to suggest things:
    I used it for the first time last night and it was excellent!

My only suggestion would be a way to select or alter the drive configuration (primary/secondary/master/slave) from your settings. None of my drives were in those positions or jumpered that way.

So tonight is my first attempt at running the 1.01 scripts. After realizing I need to press M instead of P I made it as far as the surgery part then I stopped to test. Drive booted up fine in the tivo. When I did the hacks, I got a Kernel Panic. Init not found.

When I originally made the backup of the original tivo drive I used the P option for the backup. Could this be the cause of my issue? I'm trying to do the hacks again after a fresh load.
    Thanks

Originally posted by Majian
    When I originally made the backup of the original tivo drive I used the P option for the backup. Could this be the cause of my issue? I'm trying to do the hacks again after a fresh load.
    Thanks
    The backup is the same for P)rom as it is for M)onte and you can skip doing it again.

I am up and running fine now. I am using the pegasus driver with a brand new dlink dsb-650 usb ethernet card. I can ping the address fine, but whever I try to do any telnet or ftp or http into the tivo. sometimes it works but most of the time it al of a sudden drops the ethernet connection. Then after a while the ping returns.
    Ideas?
    DSR7000 DTivo Unit.