Page 112 of 129 FirstFirst ... 1262102110111112113114122 ... LastLast
Results 1,666 to 1,680 of 1931

Thread: (DEPRECATED) SLEEPER ISO - Series 2 Scripts for U5, Monte and Prom with many hacks

"But for some reason, I thought it would be a good idea to "Clear and Delete Everything" before I went and hacked it (I thought I read something about it here). Well, I did that and it cleared out the fact that the unit had already dialed into the home base. The problem is that I don't have a land line phone anymore."

That is the problem. Because I deleted everything, it turned the unit back to the factory settings so it does not think that I phoned home already. The factory settings do not let you record ANYTHING - only watch live TV (I have no use of season passes, wishlists, etc.)

I would greatly appreciate any help with this matter. Thanks!
    Last edited by mebedaman; 07-26-2004 at 10:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mebedaman
    "But for some reason, I thought it would be a good idea to "Clear and Delete Everything" before I went and hacked it (I thought I read something about it here). Well, I did that and it cleared out the fact that the unit had already dialed into the home base. The problem is that I don't have a land line phone anymore."

That is the problem. Because I deleted everything, it turned the unit back to the factory settings so it does not think that I phoned home already. The factory settings do not let you record ANYTHING - only watch live TV (I have no use of season passes, wishlists, etc.)

I would greatly appreciate any help with this matter. Thanks!
    mebedaman,

You need to run the fixsub or fakecall script. I have answered this question many times in this thread so search for those words and you will find it!

A.
    3.1.0c2 Upgrade with all the goods: Alarmtronics SleepyISO 1.1!

Changing monte_romfs.img location

Hi,

I used Sleeper's ISO for surgery and hacks and it works great until I change the monte_romfs.img location from /dev/hda16 to /dev/hda5. I manually copied, using dd, the monte_romfs.img file to /dev/hda5 and changed the bootpage parameters to point to /dev/hda5.

I don't believe I have a mistake in my bootparameters since I wrote a script to run bootpage and I can change the partition back to /dev/hda16 and everything works fine. When I change the bootparameters to point to /dev/hda5 my tivo gets stuck on "Welcome. Powering up..." My serial prompt repeats the line "What is Password?"

The reason I can't use /hda16 is that I intend to load, after this works, an LBA48 kernel which would put /hda16 out of reach of my 31u5 kernel.

Is there any reason monte_romfs.img must inhabit /dev/hda16?

Any and all help is appreciated.
    Last edited by scottym; 07-26-2004 at 05:45 PM.

Ok, I think I am just about ready to begin my tivo hacking. Can someone verify/correct the steps i am going to make.

1) I have a 32 gb FAT32 drive, that will be put on the first channel of my first IDE chain
    2) My cd rom will be placed in the second channel of this chain
    3) My Tivo hdd will be placed on a new ide chain in master slot (I have used my tivo a LOT before doing this...dont have the money to buy a tivo just to hack...will this be a problem?)
    4) Boot to sleeper ISO, back up to the fat32 drive
    5) Remove the tivo drive, place my brand new factory 120 GB 5400RPM drive where the tivo drive was, reboot to sleeper and restore, surgery...

6) Place new 120 drive in tivo and its ready to work again (has the same subscription info? season passes? but not the recordings)

Also, i saw on the first page of this thread that TivoWeb wasnt working from the iso, is it working now? Because thats kinda a big reason i am hacking the tivo...if it doesnt work....how can i get it running after running sleeper?

Thanks for yalls help in advance.

ps. if i mess up the HDD and cdrom arangements, is there any possibility that the tivo (stock) drive will be overwritten? I DONT want this! Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by naxos
    Ok, I think I am just about ready to begin my tivo hacking. Can someone verify/correct the steps i am going to make.

1) I have a 32 gb FAT32 drive, that will be put on the first channel of my first IDE chain
    3) My Tivo hdd will be placed on a new ide chain in master slot (I have used my tivo a LOT before doing this...dont have the money to buy a tivo just to hack...will this be a problem?)
    5) Remove the tivo drive, place my brand new factory 120 GB 5400RPM drive where the tivo drive was, reboot to sleeper and restore, surgery...

6) Place new 120 drive in tivo and its ready to work again (has the same subscription info? season passes? but not the recordings)

Also, i saw on the first page of this thread that TivoWeb wasnt working from the iso, is it working now? Because thats kinda a big reason i am hacking the tivo...if it doesnt work....how can i get it running after running sleeper?

ps. if i mess up the HDD and cdrom arangements, is there any possibility that the tivo (stock) drive will be overwritten? I DONT want this! Thanks
    Your procedure is correct, good summary.

TiVoWeb will never be fixed on the iso, the author requested it not be included. Many of the hacks included have been replaced by improved versions (TiVoWeb Plus, for example). Get your system hacked and the network working, then locate and install the latest versions of the hacks. (Sleeper has indicated he is working on an update to TiVoScripts, but he seems to be wasting his time with such trivial matters as work, family, and sleep rather than the update).

PlainBill
    There's a difference between needing help, and just being plain ole' lazy.

"You cannot teach a man anything. You can only help him find it for himself." Galileo Galilei (1564-1642)

HR20-700 with 2 TB, HR22-100, HR22-100, HR22-100, HR23-100 all running 0x5cd and networked.

If your concerned about not having your drives arranged correctly, it's always a good idea to hit SHIFT+PgUp after Sleeper's menu appears and look for the output where your drives are mounted by Linux. You'll see something like:

hda : MAXTOR 9Y0...(This is where your FAT32 should be)
    hdb : PLEXTOR DVDRW...(This is where your CDROM should be)
    hdc : QUANTUM Fireball...(This is where your original TiVo drive should go).

The text you see following "hda" should help to identify the model number of your harddrive so you should be able to verify your FAT32 and Otivo drives are where they should be. Sleeper's tivoscripts will complain if you have these two drives reversed (I've done it).

When you finish the backup phase you'll be prompted to ctrl+alt+del and shut down your PC. At this point you would swap your original TiVo drive for your new drive(s) and hit the restoration phase.
    Last edited by scottym; 07-26-2004 at 08:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alarmtronics
    mebedaman,

You need to run the fixsub or fakecall script. I have answered this question many times in this thread so search for those words and you will find it!

A.
    Are you sure?

You have one other post in this thread and it is right here - http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/sh...873#post172873

So if someone would let me know how to do this, that would be great.

Wow, now I feel like an Ądiot.....all I had to do was reboot and apparently it made its daily call. I don't believe it. Son of a .!

One more question though -- I don't have any icons on my "info bar". At the top left, there is the DirecTV icon and on the mid-right side of the bar, it says "None" or the rating of the TV show/movie. If I remember correctly, there were icons for each station on that bar. I can definitely live without them as it's not that big of a deal, but I'm wondering why they aren't there. Does it actually get these from dialing in? Or is one of the hacks that's running preventing me from getting them?

Thanks.

EDIT: And another thing....I can't even call myself an "Ądiot"?
    Last edited by mebedaman; 07-27-2004 at 01:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mebedaman
    Wow, now I feel like an Ądiot.....all I had to do was reboot and apparently it made its daily call. I don't believe it. Son of a .!

One more question though -- I don't have any icons on my "info bar". At the top left, there is the DirecTV icon and on the mid-right side of the bar, it says "None" or the rating of the TV show/movie. If I remember correctly, there were icons for each station on that bar. I can definitely live without them as it's not that big of a deal, but I'm wondering why they aren't there. Does it actually get these from dialing in? Or is one of the hacks that's running preventing me from getting them?

Thanks.

EDIT: And another thing....I can't even call myself an "Ądiot"?
    IIRC, you'll need logo67.zip and loadslice to restore the logos. I BELIEVE this occurs because the TiVoScripts backup does not include the logos, but could be wrong.

As far as calling yourself names, we are very politically correct here. While 'id10t' may be forbidden, you can still call yourself a $%&%@#!

PlainBill
    Last edited by PlainBill; 07-27-2004 at 11:47 AM.
    There's a difference between needing help, and just being plain ole' lazy.

"You cannot teach a man anything. You can only help him find it for himself." Galileo Galilei (1564-1642)

HR20-700 with 2 TB, HR22-100, HR22-100, HR22-100, HR23-100 all running 0x5cd and networked.

Quote Originally Posted by PlainBill
    IIRC, you'll need logo67.zip and loadslice to restore the logos. I BELIEVE this occurs because the TiVoScripts backup does not include the logos, but could be wrong.
    PlainBill
    In addition to Backup and Restore, even a 'Clear & Delete' can cause you to lose your logos. They'll eventually come back, but who has the patience for that? Here's a link directly to a thread that contains the 2 files you need, as referenced by PlainBill, so that you can force them back in manually.
    1 HR10-250, upgraded to 570 SD hours, hacked, 6.3b.
    1 HDVR2, upgraded to 206 hours, hacked, 6.2.
    1 HDVR2, upgraded to 168 hours, hacked, 6.2.
    tyExtract - Automated batch extraction utility
    YacMon - YAC Server log monitor for new call(s) notification via email/text message

Your procedure is correct, good summary.

TiVoWeb will never be fixed on the iso, the author requested it not be included. Many of the hacks included have been replaced by improved versions (TiVoWeb Plus, for example). Get your system hacked and the network working, then locate and install the latest versions of the hacks. (Sleeper has indicated he is working on an update to TiVoScripts, but he seems to be wasting his time with such trivial matters as work, family, and sleep rather than the update).

PlainBill

So sleeper's iso will install TivoWeb Plus? All i want is some sort of web broadcast of my to do list, currently watching, and what i have tapped. TivoWeb Plus should do all of that? without me having to install regular tivoweb? Thanks

So sleeper's iso will install TivoWeb Plus? All i want is some sort of web broadcast of my to do list, currently watching, and what i have tapped. TivoWeb Plus should do all of that? without me having to install regular tivoweb? Thanks
    Um, the quote you just quoted states pretty explicitly that TivoWebPlus is NOT installed by Sleeper's iso, but rather, after you hack your unit with the ISO, get the latest download of TWP and install it after the fact.
    TiVoWeb will never be fixed on the iso, the author requested it not be included.
    Also, the very first post in this thread states all that the ISO installs, and as you will see, it lists TivoWeb, an older version of the webserver that you'll want to replace, as referenced above, with TivoWebPlus.

Quote Originally Posted by sleeper
    CURRENT FEATURES/HACKS
    Backup
    Restore
    Monte - U5 kernel & Minimal fs
    Prom - Blow out initrd
    Network drivers & Config network
    tivoftpd
    tnlited
    tivoweb
    /bin utilities
    busybox 1.01
    joe editor - not working
    kmem
    prevent daily call (old fixsub)
    sort & sps30 scripts
    tytools
    YacMon - YAC Server log monitor for new call(s) notification via email/text message

NO.

It installs Tivoweb, which you must remove.

While I am here.

After sleeper runs, I want to edit rc.sysinit.author BEFORE putting the drive back in the tivo (to rmv tivoweb and the kmem noscramble stuff), before I boot it.

I do not see any way to a cmd prompt while booted under Sleeper

Did I miss something?

Also, when I run the sleeper iso 1.02, it says what it will do, and still lists the U5/Userland mod as am item it will do, is this an artifact?
    Last edited by philhu; 07-27-2004 at 01:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by philhu
    After sleeper runs, I want to edit rc.sysinit.author BEFORE putting the drive back in the tivo (to rmv tivoweb and the kmem noscramble stuff), before I boot it.

I do not see any way to a cmd prompt while booted under Sleeper

Did I miss something?
    After booting to the main menu, press [Alt-F2 Enter], and this will take you to the command line / alternate console.

Wow....thats alot of reading...Wanted to go thru the whole thread before asking to make sure I wasnt duping anything.,..

I just picked up a DSR704 DTivo from Best Buy ($79...a far cry from the $300 I payed for the first Dtivo I got way back when), and had a question or 3 before running the Sleeper ISO on it.....

1. What is the reason for the blocking of the daily call? Isnt there needed info that arrives thru that call, or does it all come down thru the sats now...

2. What about blocking the phone call and using things like PPV and NFL Sunday Ticket...

3. What happens when a new software release comes out (say by some reason they turn on HMO for DTivos)...what happens then?

Hope these dont sound like stupid questions...and I hope I didnt miss anything in the 110+ pages I just spent 2+days reading...

HM