Page 113 of 129 FirstFirst ... 1363103111112113114115123 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,695 of 1931

Thread: (DEPRECATED) SLEEPER ISO - Series 2 Scripts for U5, Monte and Prom with many hacks

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrix_Morton
    1. What is the reason for the blocking of the daily call? Isnt there needed info that arrives thru that call, or does it all come down thru the sats now...

2. What about blocking the phone call and using things like PPV and NFL Sunday Ticket...

3. What happens when a new software release comes out (say by some reason they turn on HMO for DTivos)...what happens then?

Hope these dont sound like stupid questions...and I hope I didnt miss anything in the 110+ pages I just spent 2+days reading...

HM
    Next time, try the search as well...

1. blocking the updates that will wipe out your hacks
    2. you can order ppv on the web. Search fr the NFL sunday ticket stuff since I don't have it.
    3. you can either let DTivo upgrade and then rehack, or hide your hacks so upgrade won't kill it, or upgrade via "slices". All details can be found via search.

Backout?

I got one DirecTivo hacked completely. Now I have started on my 2nd - a Samsung 404.

I actually had recordings I wanted to save while upgrading the size of the disk. I used mfstools2.0 to do copy everything from one to the other. This took something like 8 hrs.

I then went into Sleepers and skipped the first 2 steps. Surgery went fine, but during the Hack stage it blew up. I believe it could not find a file on the CD for some unknown reason. I rebooted and tried again, but it failed somewhere else. I tried this a few times and kept getting errors. So, I decided to go back through Surgery again. It bombed also.

Anyhow - is there someway I can get back to a pre-Surgery state so that I can re-run everything and not have to go through the 8 hr wait again????

Quote Originally Posted by howdy29
    [...]Surgery went fine, but during the Hack stage it blew up. I believe it could not find a file on the CD for some unknown reason.[...]
    What makes you think that? What was the error?
    Questions? Problems?
    1. How to avoid asking needless questions
    2. How to ask smart questions

"... and this is your computer on drugs. Any questions?"

Some tgz file

I don't have the message memorized, but it could not find a tgz file. I went through the shell prompt browsed /cdrom/... and could not find anything either.

From my past experiences (doing the other unit) I go through the shell prompt to do things. I do this because I modified the m_bootpg.sh to include contigmem and copy this into location (/etc/scripts) from my cdrive prior to running monte.sh and follow through with the "wizard" from there.

Before I ran anything on this drive I tried to remove /cdrive/tivo/variables also. It game me a "system file" error when trying to do anything to it. I rebooted, remounted, and everything was fine. I do not know why sometimes things don't get mounted "properly". I always use the scripts to mount (i.e mnt_cdr.sh).

had to restore backup, but hours are baack to 35

Hi, I had to Restore a backup to my Tivos Drive, after the Monte didn't work, and it got stuck at "Welcome. Powering up" I was able restore, but now the hours are back to 35 on a 120gb drive (before the hours were 107) what is the easiest way to get it back to 107 hours?I remeber when I put in a bigger hardrive, and this same thing happened, and i had to put it back into my computer and do one command and it went to 107 hours..please help Mike

Quote Originally Posted by yamboo29
    Hi, I had to Restore a backup to my Tivos Drive, after the Monte didn't work, and it got stuck at "Welcome. Powering up" I was able restore, but now the hours are back to 35 on a 120gb drive (before the hours were 107) what is the easiest way to get it back to 107 hours?I remeber when I put in a bigger hardrive, and this same thing happened, and i had to put it back into my computer and do one command and it went to 107 hours..please help Mike

Been a little while, but I think its mfsadd
    Dave
    -----------------------------
    Life's a reach, then you gybe
    Hacks -SA 2 PROM, telnet, ftpd, tivoweb, tserver, mfs_ftp, & extraction
    SA2.5 PROM - telnet, ftpd, tserver (waiting for a tivoapp patch)

What exactly do I do to monte?

What Exactly should I do to Monte my Series 2 Directv Tivo (Model SD-DVR40) Upgraded to 140GB (107 Hours) When i tried the the first time i used the drivers everyone else is saying not to use. (2nd one) what should I enter for the Iternet settings? (Ip address & Default Gateway I know) all the other ones I don't.. also, when i tried it the first time, it got stuck at "Welcome. Powering up..." Screen, and thats it. thanks for anyones help. Mike

yamboo29,

Losing all my hours happened too with Sleeper's TS. You will have to use mfsadd if you use Sleeper's restore option. If you mfsrestore yourself, you shouldn't need to use mfsadd.

As for the IPs, typically it will be:

IP: 192.168.0.X (X=the number you pick)
    Subnet: 192.168.0.255
    Netmask: 255.255.255.0
    Gateway: 192.168.0.1 (this should be your router)
    Amphion
    DSR7000 4.0.1b w/superpatch
    120GB HDD
    USB200M

DVR stuck at "Welcome. Powering up..." screen

Same situation here, I used Sleeper's TS on my Series 2 Directv Tivo to upgrade to 120GB, every step was successful. After I put the new HD back to tivo, it got stuck at the "Welcome. Powering up..." screen for a whole night, anybody knows what is wrong? Thanks a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by yamboo29
    What Exactly should I do to Monte my Series 2 Directv Tivo (Model SD-DVR40) Upgraded to 140GB (107 Hours) When i tried the the first time i used the drivers everyone else is saying not to use. (2nd one) what should I enter for the Iternet settings? (Ip address & Default Gateway I know) all the other ones I don't.. also, when i tried it the first time, it got stuck at "Welcome. Powering up..." Screen, and thats it. thanks for anyones help. Mike

Quote Originally Posted by sonsjk
    Same situation here, I used Sleeper's TS on my Series 2 Directv Tivo to upgrade to 120GB, every step was successful. After I put the new HD back to tivo, it got stuck at the "Welcome. Powering up..." screen for a whole night, anybody knows what is wrong? Thanks a lot.
    Please grab the "reporting a problem" form from near the beginning of this thread and completely fill it out. Without each and every question answered its nearly impossible to tell what might have gone wrong.
    Malfunct

HDVR2 - 120hours - Extraction enabled
    SD-DVR40 - Unhacked (for now)

Quote Originally Posted by Pendragn
    When I was getting error #4 and error #86 I did a "clear and delete everything" and that seemed to fix it.

tk
    Well I tried the Clear and Delete, but no luck, same results of Internal Error #4.

Maybe Sleeper has an idea of whats going on?

After Sleepers works - To expand to 2 drives...

Hey,

Did the Sleepers run on the new S2 Dtivo box, and once the 2nd drive bracket comes in, I want to throw another 120 gig in there...

Question is after doing the Sleeper ISO run initally on the box, can I now follow the Hinsdale How-To to add the 2nd drive?

HM

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrix_Morton
    Hey,

Did the Sleepers run on the new S2 Dtivo box, and once the 2nd drive bracket comes in, I want to throw another 120 gig in there...

Question is after doing the Sleeper ISO run initally on the box, can I now follow the Hinsdale How-To to add the 2nd drive?

HM
    I know you can't backup a monte'd image but I don't think there should be any issue with using mfsadd to add the 2nd drive.
    Malfunct

HDVR2 - 120hours - Extraction enabled
    SD-DVR40 - Unhacked (for now)

DTiVo - Sunday Ticket

As I understand it, DirecTV in their infinite wisdon decided to not allow networking on DTiVo's. You can enable networking features on DTiVo but you run the risk of losing your modifications when the machine recieves updates via the phone. Moreover, you need your phone line to access Sunday Ticket.

Since I bought the DTivo with intent to archive NFL action, is there a work-around out there? If there is already a topic on this can someone politely point me int he right direction? My searches are not getting me very far.

Thanks,

-d

Quote Originally Posted by d1663r
    As I understand it, DirecTV in their infinite wisdon decided to not allow networking on DTiVo's. You can enable networking features on DTiVo but you run the risk of losing your modifications when the machine recieves updates via the phone. Moreover, you need your phone line to access Sunday Ticket.

Since I bought the DTivo with intent to archive NFL action, is there a work-around out there? If there is already a topic on this can someone politely point me int he right direction? My searches are not getting me very far.

Thanks,

-d
    From my personal experience, it's a non-problem. If you hack with Sleeper's TiVo scripts by default a hack is installed preventing it from installing a software update. Several people have reported receiving the update from satellite, so no phone line is not a guarantee you won't receive the update. In addition, I have discussed this with several DirecTV CSRs and received the same answers.

First of all, while DirecTV wants their systems to call in monthly, they are aware this IS the age of VoIP, and no land lines, etc. I have several DirecTV receivers, including two DirecTiVos. I asked if there was going to be any problem if the standard receivers were not hooked to a phone line. They assured me there would be no problem. I then asked if subscribing to a sports package would be a problem. Again, I was assured there would not be a problem. I have subscribed to the NFL Sunday Ticket, and channel 213 shows I am authorized on all my receivers, even those not connected to a phone line.

PlainBill
    There's a difference between needing help, and just being plain ole' lazy.

"You cannot teach a man anything. You can only help him find it for himself." Galileo Galilei (1564-1642)

HR20-700 with 2 TB, HR22-100, HR22-100, HR22-100, HR23-100 all running 0x5cd and networked.