Page 51 of 129 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101 ... LastLast

Thread: (DEPRECATED) SLEEPER ISO - Series 2 Scripts for U5, Monte and Prom with many hacks

28 Patches? We don't need no stinkin' patches....

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper
    Did you patch TivoApp?

Oops....I missed this when reading the instructions. Thanx....I'll try that.

Could you please modify your sticky post with a link to an accurate message describing the editing of tivoapp for users of 4.x software? While searching thru the thread I found incorrect info about patching that ignored the fact that tivoapp is different between 4.0 and 4.0.1, leading to incorrect editing.

Thanx for the great work Sleeper! I can't wait for your Knoppix-based CD....

Quote Originally Posted by gNOMEintheRedHa

Please help a brother out....

I have run Sleepers ISO AGAIN. (3rd time)
    I am seeing the Tivo Boot and the Tivo is sending info to the serial port.

But I am NOT getting a BASH prompt.

I have loaded DEBIAN Linux on my PC and when I try to mount the Tivo Partitions it reports, unknown filesystem or bad Superblock.

Please Help
    a.) Did you try another PC like I suggested in the other thread? Also, did you test your serial cable by shorting the 2 outer pins? Also, you could have a bad joack. Also, RadioShack sells a little breakout box with LED's that you may need to help you out. Also, put a line like this in your rc.sysinit.author after bash is loaded
    Code:
    ps aux | grep -i bash
    and see if it prints out on your serial port when you boot.

b.) I explained before why you can not use any old linux kernel. Search this board and you will find the answer.

Alternate tivoapp patch (simple, one time) watch scrambled and non-scrambled

I have not seen this posted in this thread.
    The extraction forum has a new noscramble patch for tivoapp that allows watching scrambled and non-scrambled recordings.

You need to NOT kmem with this.

The rules for scrambling have changed for both S1 and S2 units.
    One S2, TCD24004A - 4.0.1b - 120gb; one HDVR2 4.0 - 2x120gb
    Sleeper'd; Monte'd, Bash, Telnet, TivowebPlus, MFS_FTP, TyTool, MRV, HMO with NoScramble.
    One HDVR2 4.0.1b - 200gb (173 hours)
    KillHDinitrd; Monte'd, Bash, Telnet, TivowebPlus, MFS_FTP, TyTool, MRV, HMO with NoScramble; USB 2.0

Thanks Sleeper,

Yes, I used a PC at work and one @home to run the scripts, I'm building a dedicated Linux box too, I'll try it.

When shorting the end and center of the serial connector I do get echo.

I'm searching for more info to help me edit rc.sysinit.author...

Thanks,
    gNOME...

Quote Originally Posted by Iago
    The extraction forum has a new noscramble patch for tivoapp that allows watching scrambled and non-scrambled recordings.

I'm sure that sleeper will address that issue in his next version if it proves to be a useful way to configure the tivo. Until then feel free to perform the hack yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Iago

Thank you, I am fully aware of that and many other enhancements. I am getting ready to release the TPM (Tivo Package Manager) for testing. The beauty of TPM is that you will be able to uninstall for example the "old" kernel/tivoapp noscramble patch and install the "new" noscrample tivoapp patch right on your tivo with one self extracting, self-installing file. It also keeps a history of all installed packages and options in /etc/tpm/installed.packages and creates a uninstall script in in /etc/tpm/PACKAGE_NAME.uninstall Eventually, with the help of the next generation scripts, you will be able to clone or restore your system (well mostly clone) from the /etc/tpm/installed.packages file.

That is just sooooo cool!

Can't wait Sleeper!

-zeddock

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper
    There are 2 different error conditions that look similiar. One is when you boot without the access card. It asks for a password. The other is when the prom boot code can not load the kernel. It reports "Boot failed reason=60".

I am curious which error you guys are getting. If it is the later it can only be a few things. Bootpage is screwed up, U5 kernel is screwed up, or drive is hosed.

it seems i was having the second problem, i did a clean install and it works fine now.

Thumbs up Fixsub in script

does the fixsub in the script also stop the daily call via the internet if networked?
    also cansomeone point me to a thread that shows how to fix the tysever

TIA
    and Sleeper you are the man thanks for you on going work we all appreciate your contributions

SD-DVR40 Success

Well I went home last night and before I tried re-monte'ing my drive I decide to give the different jumper settings one more try. I had it on master and it worked fine in the pc but not on the tivo. I changed it to cable select as Tfarmer did and now it works fine. there is a multicolored snow screen between the powering up screen and the few more seconds screen but I suspect that's normal. I still haven't taken it through the hacking phase of the iso successfully but I can just manually install the hacks from here anyway.

Thanks for all of your help.

sleeper iso

how do you boot the iso? please reply

Quote Originally Posted by jaynice
    how do you boot the iso? please reply
    Do not burn the ISO to a CD like a file.
    Use the option in Nero or CD Creator to burn an IMAGE.
    Sellect the ISO file as the image to burn.

Place the finished CD in the CD Drive.
    Re-boot.

You may need to enter your PCs BIOS settings to make the CD-ROM drive the first bootable device.

gNOMEintheRedHat

what is error 51

Quote Originally Posted by jaynice
    what is error 51
    tivos marry the image to the motherboard serial number. as such, when you move a drive to another unit, it will complain with error 51 because there is a serial number mismatch. your tivo wont function till you deal wit htat mismatch, either by doign a clear and delete everything or by using 51killer.tcl
    Step one: search button!
    Silly Wabbit, guides are for kids

Sleeper

On the previous page you posted about releasing a new and "improved" ISO. Do you have an ETA?